Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed to import a shotgun

Options
  • 13-11-2008 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi

i have moved back to ireland from the UK and I left my shotgun over there until i received my irish license which i now have, my trouble now is finding a courier company etc that will ship it over to me, has anyone used a courier company to do this? DHL etc will not ship a firearm.

any help appreciated

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Might be easier to get your local gun dealer to import it for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Never mind courriers and firearm dealers. Just book a return flight with Aer Lingus and bring it as luggage. The only thing you have to do is notify them that you'll be checking in a firearm and make sure it's in a secure case. At Dublin Airport you'll have to go to the Aer Lingus service desk in the luggage hall and they'll organise it for you to receive the gun from, I think, customs.

The cost as far as I remember and if it's still the same as when I brought my Merkel over from Belgium was €25 on top of the cost of the flight. Check their website, it's the same price as for a golf bag.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Tricky one because none of the courier companies will transport firearms for individuals. However, when I got mine brought over last year, the shop marked the parcel as "Electrical Equipment" and I got it no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Call a gun shop in the uk and ask them who they get to courier firearms.

Advertisement