Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Galway

Options
  • 13-11-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi There, I've just returned to Galway after being away for a number of years, I'm wondering are their any people out there in the same situation and in need of friends who would like to meet up? I'm 36 yr old single female, most of my friend have gotten married and I've lost contact or they have moved away, it's hard to meet people when you a single female, anyone out there in a similar situation and would like to get in touch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

hi red1000 im claire came to galway in august from the uk, understand what you mean about meeting other women, im 39 single mum of 2 girls,
    pm me for a chat xx have a good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Welcome home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Pi...

nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Its difficult to get to know people when you move somewhere new in your 30s single or not, is a slow progress getting to know people from scratch. So good luck with your move back, even though I have a small circle of people I know (and obviously would like to know more people) dont regret moving to Galway at all.
    p.s. hi ukmcguire hope things are going well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Webbs wrote: »
    Its difficult to get to know people when you move somewhere new in your 30s single or not, is a slow progress getting to know people from scratch. So good luck with your move back, even though I have a small circle of people I know (and obviously would like to know more people) dont regret moving to Galway at all.
    p.s. hi ukmcguire hope things are going well

hi webbs!!! things are fine thank you.
    """ regrets ive had a few
    but none of them include galway!!""

ireland and galway is the best and i love it so do my kids, yes would love too have a few friends around me but galway is fantastic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 red1000

Tnks Guys, for your comments, I guess it doesn't help that my work takes me away two or three days a week, I think if I was working here in Galway it would make things easier but such is life, I am also lucky I do have a great family around me, but sometimes it's nice to have a few friends to catch up with also, anyway, the important thing is I am happy to be home everything else, I know, will fall into place. X

Advertisement