Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breastfeeding in Public

Options
  • 13-11-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you get embarrassed and turn away, perve on both babies like you have never seen a breast in your life or do you go up to the mother and tell her to put it away that it is disgusting?

Do you find breastfeeding in public offensive? 175 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    15% 27 votes
    Only if its yore ma
    84% 148 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

BEEEEWWWWBBBSSSS!!!

oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh God I'd never be as bold to tell a mother to put it away, the cheek! I've no problem with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I don't mind. Hopefully the mammy won't mind me knocking one out while I watch.

Both are very natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

The Gypsy's always do it, Its horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Never cared at all. Only have a problem with the way they start getting offended if you look. I mean, jaysus, she should be at home cooking. It's a shocking sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I was having a business meeting in a cafe / wine bar yesterday and there was a mothers group there. Quite a few of the mothers were breastfeeding which I didn't have a problem with because my ex used to pull them out whenever baby was in need of a feed. But I think that the man I was with felt a bit uncomfortable with the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Normally i politely ask the baby if i can pull up a stool

snyper wrote: »
    PMSL :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

I don't mind once its a female.

Sucking on man-boobs is just perverted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

I've recently sucked on a womans tits in public. As such it would be hypocritical of me to tell others they couldn't do likewise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you dim the lights and start playing Barry White it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

snyper wrote: »

Your taking a dump in public will draw far more attention than some bare boobs.

You have balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Bitty! :pac:

I don't mind it. Perhaps even your mother did it with you when you were a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

perfectly natural and healthy for both mother and child so why not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I can't believe the YER MA!!! option isn't leading this pole. What has become of AH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Smart Bug wrote: »
    I can't believe the YER MA!!! option isn't leading this pole. What has become of AH?

I think people are getting VERY tired of it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Somewhat.
    If it's boobs out over the table in the local cafe then yes.
    If the mother is discreet then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Couldn't care less, even if they strip down to do it. It's only a pair of tits, and the kid needs to chow. If I don't want to look, I utilize the handy neck muscle function to turn my head the other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah, I'm all for women getting their tits out in public.
    It's perfectly natural for me to stare at them.
    Just as nature intended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I was in my local barbers once, just you know joking around. Looked out and saw this lady with her wee one. Queue the whole shop gawking out and making lewd comments. I mean I told them she's a mother for gawd sakes! Although for some reason I remember suckling on them, now I take medicay to quell my alter ego.....I'll call him "Hank".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

it is perfectly natural and healthy but i can see both points of view, for and against. In that I can understand some people being uncomfortable with it but I dont agree that women being asked not to do it in public. It is their choice but i suppose I would ask for a little discretion. Thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I've recently sucked on a womans tits in public. As such it would be hypocritical of me to tell others they couldn't do likewise.

pics or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I usually have a stare

ALFIET wrote: »
    it is perfectly natural and healthy but i can see both points of view, for and against. In that I can understand some people being uncomfortable with it but I dont agree that women being asked not to do it in public. It is their choice but i suppose I would ask for a little discretion. Thats all
    What I cant understand is that there seems to be more and more women taking exception to it and telling the 'offenders' to go into the Ladies to feed their babies.

Man I would be seriously pissed being forced to have my lunch sitting on the bog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This topic again :rolleyes:

Here is the last one with a poll wasn't that hard to find

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

As with everything ... public brestfeeding will always have its knockers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You cannot bring your own food into a cafe or restaurant so presumabely all women of child bearing age should be asked to leave any place that sells food on account that she is stashing food onto the premises.

That means no more women in Cinema's sitting in front of me with their stupid big hair! :D

On a more serious note, I have never seen a woman breast feed that I can remember and presumably women dont stop in the middle of Tesco to do it. Im sure there is more decorum showed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've actually never seen a woman breastfeeding in public. It wouldn't trouble me if I did though, and I'd be decent enough not to stare as opposed to perving over her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

Saw women breastfeeding their babies quite a few times in public. I don't mind it at all.

Watched a program about breastfeeding (I think it was on Channel 4) recently and I did feel a bit uneasy. It was about breastfeeding other people's babies, and still breastfeeding 3, 4years olds... I did feel a bit uncomfortable...:o

Advertisement