Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breastfeeding in Public

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Should be protected by law or something, tell the prudish insecure gobshites to stfu once and for all.
    It is protected by law they cant actually tell you to feed your baby in the toilet.Id love for someone to say that to me id have a field day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

...I don't think it's ok. Call me old school but I think it's fkn weird.
    I know in nowadays super pc world it's supposed to be perfectly normal and healthy and all that but then so is having a ****/crap and I wouldn't do that in public either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Piste wrote: »
    Cos penises are sexual organs and breasts are not? Boobs are there primarily to feed babies. Penises are there to stick into stuff.

Although female breasts aren't considered genitalia they are still a (secondary?) sexual characteristic if I remember my biology classes correctly. Putting them on display on a beach is quite different to doing that in a restaurant I believe.

Also I always thought boobs are primarily there to be stared at and fondled with. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

My usual response is to get embarassed and look away..but yes it's totally natural of course.
    Perhaps my irrational response stems from the time my self and my brother accidentally barged into the breast feeding room in the bons in cork while we were visiting my sister and her newborn seconds before being asked to leave by the matron hahahaha.. oh god that was awfull...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    oh god that was awfull...

You lie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

stovelid wrote: »
    You lie.

nope.. happened unfortunately.. still makes me blush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    nope.. happened unfortunately.. still makes me blush

I meant lying about it being awful. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Don't see a problem with it. It's been done since the dawn of time really, it's natural and all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

*Shrugs*

Hey, as long as she's brought enough for everyone...
    c-note wrote: »
    having sex is a beautiful natural thing also

Eh... wha? I think you're doing it wrong. Sex should be messy, energetic and noisy (and possibly violent). 'Beautiful' sex sounds like a waste of time IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 procter

I find formula milk, being shoved into a baby's mouth through the medium of a plastic nipple offensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

On a bus and there is a newborn crying, for people who have never heard a newborn cry its one of the hardest things to listen to, so on a bus, new born crying, what would you rather, listen to that for 20 minutes as the mam is too polite to feed the child there and will wait till she gets home or she stops the newborn crying by feeding babe??

Advertisement