Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom new UK & IRL map released today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

So is Belguim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

koolkid wrote: »
    Ireland is a very small area to have dedicated maps for.

That should make it easier to have accurate maps, surely?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

pmsurveys wrote: »
    So is Belguim :)

Is there a dedicated map for Belguim?
    mossie wrote: »
    That should make it easier to have accurate maps, surely?
    Agreed, but the point I was makingis its not practical to produce & market an individual map of just Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Agreed, but the point I was makingis its not practical to produce & market an individual map of just Ireland.

Then what are we paying for? I do not want to be paying for updates for roads in the UK. Tom Tom should produce updates solely for Ireland.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Map is UK & Ireland both are updated not just the UK (although I agree not quickly enough).
    If there was an Ireland only map no doubt some people would resent paying for updates for Kerry or the likes.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Cant believe this update the "under construction " M7 to Limerick is on it even though its not due to open for ages yet

It is there, it's shown as closed. I suspect that when it does open, it'll just be a matter of pushing out that fact oer MapShare, so you won't hae to wait for the next Map Update.

Is there a dedicated map for Belguim?

No, It's BeNeLux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lars-irl

Hi Guys,

I currently have the v730 maps from 5 quarters ago, though I found it was way out of date for how the roads were then. I was thinking of updating to the latest version.

Is there a place where you can see the latest updates made to the Irish Maps since the last update? I don't want to spend the money and get just some minor updates.

I'm not to keen either on dragging through the TT Routeplaner to see if roads have been updated.

thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Hi, Does anyone know how to get the exit signs on the TomTom maps in English. My 910 tells me to go to "Luimneach" and "An Lar". Voice also uses Irish.

Ta, Freddy

You can't.
    I have already requested this be changed .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

using new (830.xxxx) few days and can't find any difference between older maps ... they are useless

There are some new estates & some misalignments and other errors have been corrected.
    Nothing major alright.
    Dissapointed not to see the new interchanges on the M50 @ Red Cow & Lucan not in place yet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

freddy99 wrote: »
    Hi, Does anyone know how to get the exit signs on the TomTom maps in English. My 910 tells me to go to "Luimneach" and "An Lar". Voice also uses Irish.

Ta, Freddy

I have requested this through TomTom's Beta Test forum ! I will report back .

sharkman wrote: »
    I have requested this through TomTom's Beta Test forum ! I will report back .

I requested access to that after yer man here was looking for Beta testers months ago. Nowt heard a thing since.

I followed up sharkmans request with a few screenshots.
    Got a very positive reaction.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Driving through Blackpool on Saturday I saw that my TomTom One was showing Blackpool Shopping Centre as being where Dino's was.

Did you correct it & send via map share?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Yes. I've sent a few over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scamp

Sent in map fixes myself using TT's Mapshare as well as using Map Insight on TA's website well over four months ago with not a hint of anything being remedied fixed to date. One is to do with a junction along the N11. Thing is, the road layout that is incorrect on the TA mapping has not changed since the beginning of time. Wont be holding my breath. NavTeq maps are perfect.

Can you send me a screen shot or the cordinates...
    I am checking out the latest map at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 scamp

Have a screenshot from Gmaps showing the prob. Down country at the moment and dont have my TT unit so will show you on this pic. This is the turn off for Delgany/Greystones from the N11 heading south. See the R762 heading sort of north east from the flyover? You can probably make out two roads either side of it on the aerial map view. The road to the left is southbound and the one to the right is two way for a stretch (up until only recently) Picture 2.png

Also, the Glen Road, heading west under the flyover, should just swing under the bridge, head north and join the N11, coming nowhere near those secondary roads to the west.

Another lovely one down the road is this....
    Picture 3.png
    Doesn't need too much explanation. Now, if TT say that "every road has been driven and Teleatlas maps are used by the army..." I cant wait to see our nations finest follow their TT directions up and across this 'route'.

it has been about four months since I sent in the corrections. Nothing changed up to last check 2/3 weeks ago.

cheers koolkid

Corrections take a lot longer than 4 months unfortunatly.
    Ill get it reported tomorrow once I can get coordinates & screen shots from my device.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Corrections take a lot longer than 4 months unfortunatly.
    Ill get it reported tomorrow once I can get coordinates & screen shots from my device.

Koolkid ...... are you TTI in disguise !!

Nope!!
    I am on the tomtom beta test forum.
    You can report a lot more detail there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Hey Kool Kid, I've noticed Phoenix Park maps are way off on my TomTom. I'm glad I know my way through the park because if I followed my TT, I'd be driving down pedestrian only paths.

In fairness there are a lot of recent changes & road closures there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Hello

I have spent the last hour reading thru this thread in the hope to get some advise on buying my first sat nav

and i am no better off now

can anyone advise me what make model is best to buy, whether its tt or garman or anyone else ?

It really depends on what you are looking for . Maps will always have errors.Depending on where you are looking one will seem to be more up to date than the other. Looking at a different location it may seem different.
    My preference is TomTom (Abeit a little baised) for the ability to make your own corrections & share them with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

I just want a sat nav that i plug in, press location and go.
    I dont want to be messing with maps and adding roads and map sharing.
    Should I be looking for something with Navtech maps rather than teleatlas ?

• Advertisement

Your best bet would be to check out the maps for the areas you are going to be using your device in.
    You can browse garmin maps here

Advertisement