Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom new UK & IRL map released today

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭TomTom Ireland

Trotter wrote: »
    Fair play to you TTI for your help. I have a 2 year old tomtom europe and I'm bringing it to South Africa on holidays next year.

Im thinking of upgrading the Irish maps too. Is there a South Africa/Europe (including Ireland) package I could get?

Also, the name of my road in my estate is missing on the Teleatlas maps and I've emailed TomTom and used the teleatlas update facility about it twice or three times. It never got changed. Its the only road missing, the rest of the estate is fine. Taxis can never find me! Does anyone ever read those update requests?

I think I'll wait til after Christmas when you're recommendations are in the maps :)

Fair play to you!

Can you let me know the estate name please? PM if you don't want to let the world know! :)

Mech1 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Got first tomtom for myself at christmas, XL - ASSIST Europe 22
    updated tt to latest using home and now have firmware 8.014 and map 815.2024. western europe 1G.

A couple of problems are nagging me:

1. Home doesnt autorun when tt is connected to puter, instead I get the "what u want to do windows box" and have to start home by clicking on its desktop shortcut.

2. cannot set a security code as the "operate my XL" button in home just says "this function is not yet supported for your TomTom device or operating system" when pressed. on a few random occasions it has said "you need to download a special file to use, download now?" home then attempts to download this file and fails saying "url not available".

Please help, TTI or anyone else,

Many Thanks

Sorry for the delayed response - definitely one for our customer support desk - 1890 812 008. If that doesn't solve it, PM me.

luckat wrote: »
    One warning: if you've put in a bunch of 'favourites', copy your mapsettings.cfg file and put it somewhere safe before installing new maps, so you can copy it back into its original location. Otherwise the dratted thing nukes your 'favourites'.

My TomTom has a weird intermittent fault - it loses the "You have reached your destination" file, and you are liable to be driving along and hear the sentence: "Turn left, and then...." - and then nothing. A real nuisance.

I solved it once by downloading new Irish voices, but doing the same again has failed to solve it the last couple of times it happened.

Hope this was since sorted, I know customer services seemed to know what the problem was and felt the solution should be straight forward. Let me know anyway!

That happens me too - it's irratating

There is a simple fix from what I gather, PM with your email etc and I will get customer services to contact you.

Actually, anyone with a problem they would deem to be a fault or software issue, please PM with your email, contact details and product - I will forward to Amsterdam and they will contact you.

eirlink wrote: »
    well its great to see you have not abandoned us TTi......

glad youre back , and happy new year!

now for the serious stuff.

1. we will give you our tomtom home email logins so you can instruct amsterdam to PUSH out the latest and greatest to your fellow boardsies....

2. send the dutch an email to push out the Q4 2008 NAVTEQ maps to us....and before you tell us you only do TA, we dont believe you! TA have navteq q4 2008 ! you know im right!!

3. give us a more detailed response re irish townlands and when they will feature?

4. lastly,and im looking forward to this??
    do a search for an estate in Co.Westmeath, called the " WOODLANDS"....

its out the Roscommon road a few miles from Athlone, near the Hudson Bay Hotel in BARRYMORE....... If i close in on the map its there! BUT if i do a search it returns " No street "

let me pull up a screenshot to exhibit this.....

WHY CANT I find this estate on a search ???????????????????????????????????

See next post......

As I said before, and I quote this post as a reminder, I do appreciate this feedback and I am absolutely acting on it - it just takes time to implement the changes and I will make sure people who have helped here get a thanks of some description! - other than the thanks button of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beanok77

eirlink wrote: »
    Got v815.2024 via map update ( through tt home) this eve.
    Running it in a tomtom onev3 ( tesco one from bargain alerts! );)

Map updates include:

New N6 section from Athlone to ...Kinnegad ( aka moate bypass )
    Charlestown ( mayo ) Bypass ..new section from Ballaghadereen going west towards Swinford.

and maybe more im not yet aware of.

Pity they cant include townland names !!

if you want me to check locations, addresses etc, let me know !
    i will try to post screenshots when i figure out how ?

I have a tom tom one. Where can i get the update? How much does it cost?

beanok77 wrote: »
    I have a tom tom one. Where can i get the update? How much does it cost?

What maps do you have on the One? I.e. UK & Ireland, or Europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

There is a simple fix from what I gather, PM with your email etc and I will get customer services to contact you.

Actually, anyone with a problem they would deem to be a fault or software issue, please PM with your email, contact details and product - I will forward to Amsterdam and they will contact you.

Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Just found out the Square Shopping centre in Tallaght is not on TomTom One v3, even after paying for the updates

Just found out the Square Shopping centre in Tallaght is not on TomTom One v3, even after paying for the updates
    It's on mine:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 don9598

don9598 wrote: »
    Hi There, Bought a Go 730 a few months ago as I felt I needed to upgrade my old LIDL bought sat nav. I have to say, the Routing in the tomtom is very good, it does take you the fastest route according to the maps it has, but the maps do let it down. it does try to get the best route, but if sections of the country are missing, it can't navigate correctly. A whole section of the roads around Halfway village (Between Cork city and bandon) are missing, about 5 square miles!!! (And i'll be dammed if I am going submit all these roads as corrections for tomtom when they should be including these roads themselves).
    And more of a issue, I bought the sat nav, when I plugged it in to my computer (An apple) and the software didn't look anything like tomtom advertised, and could not upgrade the maps, I then had to borrow a friends pc, install the software, then it said my maps were 3 quarters old. And I had to pay 54 euro to upgrade them, and then saw very little difference. Very dissappointed.
    I am now using 2 sat navs in my car every day, the tom tom for routing, and the old cheap one to check that the tomtom is not missing roads and a shorter route may be available.
    Please - Tomtom, get your act together, if you will not go back to navteq, please get people out on the roads, map the roads correctly, and save us all the hassle of doing the work for you, and then having to pay for upgrades that we have submitted months earlier.
    Oh, and before I finish my rant - One more correction for tomtom, the location of junctions, when you travel west of cork city, pretty much all the junctions on the minor roads are about 50 meteres out.
    All, The latest version of TomTom Home works perfectly for apple computers now. Changes are starting to happen. Hopefully we will see more improvements in the next release of the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Any sign of this new map update, TomTom Ireland? Will it be included in the western and central europe update? :)

Has anyone had problems with the map update service? I bought it and I don't quite get how it works. Should it happen automatically? or Should i be prompted?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Has anyone had problems with the map update service? I bought it and I don't quite get how it works. Should it happen automatically? or Should i be prompted?

you should get an e-mail to prompt you to download.

Latest map.....825.2159
    dd15b7b0.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Upgraded last week but version says 825.2157

Also since upgrading there is thousands of POI errors. Has anyone else noticed this.
    There are POIs everywhere the same shops under different names shops and restaurants in the middle of roads ..

koolkid wrote: »
    Upgraded last week but version says 825.2157

Also since upgrading there is thousands of POI errors. Has anyone else noticed this.
    There are POIs everywhere the same shops under different names shops and restaurants in the middle of roads ..

I've noticed that too. I have a restaurant next door to me. My neighbour will be delighted

There was also a garage or something on the M50 before the toll bridge. Very messy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just keep deleting them . It will eventually filter back trough map share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Upgraded my One the other day and now all my Favourites including Home have been deleted.
    I remember doing a backup using Tom Tom Home , which took ages, but now as I search through those files I dont see a file marked Favourites in there. Maybe they are hidden away in something I just dont see.
    What I expect to see is Backup - Favourites - right click- restore - and there you go. But lifes not that easy is it.
    I will probably try to get some help online from Tom Tom but its all a big inconvenience and there was no warning on updating that this would happen.
    Im ok with teckie stuff as long as its not too complicated, I dont want to have to become a technical expert just to operate a GPS system. This is suppose to make things easier not harder.

When I Google the subject of lost Favourites on updates with Tom Tom I find others who have had the same problem and some of them say they have been told to back up using Windows and not Tom Tom home which is useless.
    Seemingly this is a common problem and if it is why hasnt it been sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Ive looked on the online support page and I have found instructions that are ok on locating a file thats suppose to contain favourites which you are suppose to copy and add to your current maps.
    The instructions dont match my computer using Vista but I think I can make it out anyway up to the part where you copy the file but its not specific enough for me after that.
    I need phone support and tried dialing the number given but it seems to be some kind of international number to where I dont know and cant figure out the area codes from here.
    Again it should be obvious.
    Whats their phone nubmber :mad:

Edit 14:58
    Finally did it. Found the phone number on Tom Tom Support IRELAND not the page I was directed to from Tom Tom Home.
    It didnt take too long for someone to answer and I was talked through it at last.
    I know this was a sucessful conclusion but I just want to include these posts as an illustration of the inconvenience for an ordinary user, actually I know a lot of people this would have been beyond their capabilities to sort out.
    Again asking Tom Tom to sort this out and make it more user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Hi.

I bought just over 4 wks a TT go 740 live from NI (price reduced) and I bought
    Map of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland v825.2157

But I found lots of errors on the new updated version.

- Missing roads/roundabouts around Ballycoolin / Blanchardstown
    - Back road of the airport doesn't connect to St Margaret's road
    - Missing roundabouts at the back of the airport.
    - Missing estates that are over 3yrs old in Swords / Kinsealy / Balgriffin / Clongriffin.

I've installed the map share application and I'm not sure if this works for Ireland.

Really disappointed.

I hope TTi can catch this one

Thanks
    Cheers
    Gaetan

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Surprised to hear negative feedback regarding the new POI's - or is this in relation to the old set? While on the subject, the new POI's are available to download from the TomTom website, direct link as follows -

www.tomtom.com/10382

Would appreciate feedback as to whether it was the old set or new as per above link.

Still working with Tele Atlas to resolve the map issues and a lot going on now to sort these as soon as possible. Townlands high on the agenda from feedback here!

Thanks,

TTI

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

TTI I didnt have any problems with the POIs but had to revert back to old crpoi.dat as I am off to spain next week and need them. Glad to hear Townlands are on the list.

Hi All,

Surprised to hear negative feedback regarding the new POI's - or is this in relation to the old set? While on the subject, the new POI's are available to download from the TomTom website, direct link as follows -

www.tomtom.com/10382

Would appreciate feedback as to whether it was the old set or new as per above link.

Still working with Tele Atlas to resolve the map issues and a lot going on now to sort these as soon as possible. Townlands high on the agenda from feedback here!

Thanks,

TTI
    I upgraded 2 weeks ago the version says 825.2157
    There is just POIs everywhere I go
    restauants in the middle of roads
    shops in the middle of nowhere
    the same shops under upto 20 different names
    the same with restaurants
    Is there a file I can send you to show what I mean??:mad:

I upgraded 2 weeks ago the version says 825.2157
    There is just POIs everywhere I go
    restauants in the middle of roads
    shops in the middle of nowhere
    the same shops under upto 20 different names
    the same with restaurants
    Is there a file I can send you to show what I mean??:mad:

Strange, definitely haven't heard that complaint before.

I would suggest first of all to contact the customer support section -
    1890 812 008

Try that and let me know how you get on.

pmsurveys wrote: »
    TTI I didnt have any problems with the POIs but had to revert back to old crpoi.dat as I am off to spain next week and need them. Glad to hear Townlands are on the list.

The POI files listed on the web address above should include all POI data relevant to the model you own. I know I mentioned before that the POI file I initially had only covered UK & Ireland, but the files listed on the web should cover all for each device.

gqma0 wrote: »
    Hi.

I bought just over 4 wks a TT go 740 live from NI (price reduced) and I bought
    Map of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland v825.2157

But I found lots of errors on the new updated version.

- Missing roads/roundabouts around Ballycoolin / Blanchardstown
    - Back road of the airport doesn't connect to St Margaret's road
    - Missing roundabouts at the back of the airport.
    - Missing estates that are over 3yrs old in Swords / Kinsealy / Balgriffin / Clongriffin.

I've installed the map share application and I'm not sure if this works for Ireland.

Really disappointed.

I hope TTi can catch this one

Thanks
    Cheers
    Gaetan

Hi Gaetan,

As per our PM exchange, I'm looking into the errors you have mentioned and have sent detail to Tele Atlas.

Thanks,

TTI

Strange, definitely haven't heard that complaint before.

I would suggest first of all to contact the customer support section -
    1890 812 008

Try that and let me know how you get on.

I found it very difficult to get across to the CSR what the problem was.
    I simply got the textbook response of factory default & start again.
    The CSR kept insisting i uncheck the POIs to display. I want to see POIs but not all the wrong one.....
    God!! I hate talking to robots..:mad:

I found it very difficult to get across to the CSR what the problem was.
    I simply got the textbook response of factory default & start again.
    The CSR kept insisting i uncheck the POIs to display. I want to see POIs but not all the wrong one.....
    God!! I hate talking to robots..:mad:

What device do you have? You could install the POI file listed at the link www.tomtom.com/10382

This is the latest POI data and may not be on the map release you mentioned. I need to double check on that actual release as to what data is included.

I have been using the latest POI file but with most not checked to be visible, I will opt to have them visible and see what happens.

Thanks very much..
    Will that file overwrite any changes I have added etc..??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

Hi All,

Thanks,

TTI

Glad to hear it. Downloaded the latest maps last week and those are as bad as ever. Incidentally when making corrections to a map is there any way to select short stretches of road? There is a place near me called St. Josephs Terrace which is approx 200m long. On the TT maps it's around 5 times as long but if I try to change it I can only select the full stretch between two cross roads which isn't much good for editing placenames. Another issue I have come across in various places is where the road is dead straight for, say, a mile but the TT maps show various bends, another place where there is a sharp left bend but the map is dead straight, and another wher the road disappears and reappears several times. These are perfect on the old navteq maps but the Teleatlas maps are poor in this respect as in others.

Advertisement