Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archive Video8 to DV?

• 14-11-2008 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I just disovered that I can use a Digital8 camera to capture Video8 analog footage with minimal loss of quality....

My question is, can I then record this to DV tape using my Sony HC-3 for archival purposes without recompressing the digital video source?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Okay, so I just disovered that I can use a Digital8 camera to capture Video8 analog footage with minimal loss of quality....

My question is, can I then record this to DV tape using my Sony HC-3 for archival purposes without recompressing the digital video source?

yes as long the sony has a firewire input and the digi8 has a firewire output. you have to buy a special i have one but i cant remember the name of it. FIrewire a to a or b to b i think...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Bob Z wrote: »
    yes as long the sony has a firewire input and the digi8 has a firewire output. you have to buy a special i have one but i cant remember the name of it. FIrewire a to a or b to b i think...?

So I'd just directly hook them up to each other? Interesting.......

Advertisement