Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager released

Options
  • 14-11-2008 10:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31

Did anyone buy it yet if so where is it in tesco or gamestop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Got mine Wednesday night but servers weren't online, got it in gamestop €45 can't wait to get home and play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,966 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone know the prices in XtraVision, Zavi and Game? Gonna pick it up today on the way home from work, dunno where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Check the websites, they might be on that.Argos probably a good bet aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I got it in HMV Henry Street for €37.99

Pretty good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Unearthly wrote: »
    I got it in HMV Henry Street for €37.99

Pretty good imo

FFS I paid €44.99 for it from GameStop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Cant activate it till Saturday midnight.

*edit* Theres a crack out though

• Registered Users Posts: 45,966 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CiaranC wrote: »
    Cant activate it till Saturday midnight.

*edit* Theres a crack out though

Surely that can't be right? Why would they release a game you can't play?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Installing as we speak, hopefully it will play on my laptop, considerable graphics card requirements for an FM game.

Surely that can't be right? Why would they release a game you can't play?
    Official release date is the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

No it's not, it's today and the activation servers have been online since last night :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Got from steam last night ;) It's deadly!

ok, i stand corrected so. Hows the 3D match engine?

CiaranC wrote: »
    ok, i stand corrected so. Hows the 3D match engine?

I actually didn't get to play a match yet. I was pr1ckin' around with press conferences and coach reports etc! :D But the press conference feature is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Anybody having trouble activating it via Steam?

Keep getting an error message telling me "the application was unable to connect to the internet" .... yet if you are not connected to the net you cant connect to steam and this is through steam. Makey no sensey!!! :mad:

Still downloading the patch...can't be arsed starting a game before i've installed that.

I'd no issues at all last night - I preinstalled it then played it a bit at midnight...kinda new to the steam thing so not sure where'd you go with that sorry.

Vikings wrote: »

Keep getting an error message telling me "the application was unable to connect to the internet" .... yet if you are not connected to the net you cant connect to steam and this is through steam. Makey no sensey!!! :mad:

yep same problem

and for LOADS of others on other forums

****ing ****

Not planning on using Steam but have a look on the SI forums. Someone there is likely to have run into the same problem.

EDIT: Just had a browse of the SI forum and the not connected error seems to be because the authentication servers are being hammered. Very unhelpful error message if that is the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

it's probably simply overload of the Steam servers. anytime new games are release, or major updates for a game occur the servers get slammed for a couple of days and you can problems.

the other issue could be ports. Steam requires a certain port that isn't particularly common (can't remember off hand what it is). if you're trying to use it on a college network you'll usually have to go through a proxy (as they tend to limit the ports we have access to). certain firewalls might be blocking it aswell so make sure you've given it clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I have no experience with steam but from my limited use of it with the demo i dont want to go near it, if i buy the disk do I still ahve to authenticate with steam everytime i want to play it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

9% installed...

I got it in HMV for €34.19 with student discount. Was told two weeks ago that it'd be €53 so a nice shock.

Rob_l wrote: »
    I have no experience with steam but from my limited use of it with the demo i dont want to go near it, if i buy the disk do I still ahve to authenticate with steam everytime i want to play it

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

i got an invalid key code error it says on the website try Q or D instead of 0, i did this and still is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Rob_l wrote: »

nope. you can run Steam in offline mode. you go online to authenticate every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Anyone try the alternate online method yet?

nope. you can run Steam in offline mode. you go online to authenticate every now and then.
    According to the SI forums, when you buy the disk you only have to authenticate online (or over the phone) once per install. It doesnt use steam.

Still no luck with SoftAnchor

Worst launch day ever

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

sh1tty game wont work on my mini mac, dont even wanna use that stupid looking 3d match engine grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I cant get my installed either **** launch day , bought a game i cant play :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

SofaK wrote: »
    Anyone try the alternate online method yet?
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Still no luck with SoftAnchor

Worst launch day ever
    Is SoftAnchor the alternate way? I'm not familiar with it. Was gonna use that way when in install tomorrow.

Advertisement