Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager released

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Rob_l wrote: »
    I have no experience with steam but from my limited use of it with the demo i dont want to go near it, if i buy the disk do I still ahve to authenticate with steam everytime i want to play it

it's not that bad really. as long as you've got a good internet connection it doesn't bother and it actually bcomes quite handy, as you can buy all you're games off them and not have to worry about losing the disc. plus once logged into your account you can play the games on any PC which is handy (although i think FM is restricted to 5 for some reason).

CiaranC wrote: »
    According to the SI forums, when you buy the disk you only have to authenticate online (or over the phone) once per install. It doesnt use steam.

oh, ok so the retail one uses a different system to the online? feck that, i think i'll just buy it off steam so.

edit: apologies for the double posting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

SofaK wrote: »
    Is SoftAnchor the alternate way? I'm not familiar with it. Was gonna use that way when in install tomorrow.

I entered my cd key into steam, which worked and it started to launch the game, then up popped another window to enter the key again(SoftAnchor) which doesn't work for me, or for most people(SI have acknowledged this and said they are working on it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Unearthly wrote: »
    I entered my cd key into steam, which worked and it started to launch the game, then up popped another window to enter the key again(SoftAnchor) which doesn't work for me, or for most people(SI have acknowledged this and said they are working on it)

Same here. Having the same problem with soft anchor connecting to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I am so close to smashing my laptop :(

• Advertisement

Do you need internet to play this game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Game just died a death on me there when I tried to enter the tactics screen from a 3d match. 3d match viewer is the bees knees though I must say, Chris McCann scored a 30 yard curler for Burnley against me just before the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Do you need internet to play this game ?
    No. Just for the initial install to authenticate your copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

The game basically crashes every time you play a match in the 3d viewer, not good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 defness

Same problem with soft anchor software. Now its telling me to access sigames.com for a new key. WTF is going on???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 defness

Draupnir wrote: »
    The game basically crashes every time you play a match in the 3d viewer, not good!

Try downloading the patch and it might stop this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

this is ridiculous online activation my bollox

defness wrote: »
    Same problem with soft anchor software. Now its telling me to access sigames.com for a new key. WTF is going on???

Same here. Very frustrating. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Between college and work not going to be able to get my hands on my copy until after 10 tonight. Really hoping things have started moving a bit faster by then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

finally working just keep trying to get through the system and it will work eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

can someone tell me where to find the authentication code for steam? Is it in the manual somewhere?

can someone tell me where to find the authentication code for steam? Is it in the manual somewhere?

It's at the back of the manual.

Anyone having any luck with the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

None, Im gettin an error with the online auth'ing saying they can't get an internet connection. May just wait until they fix the problem on their side I suppose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Eugster

the servers are down im gettin the same message there tryin to get im back up

• Advertisement

I had my authentication code accepted and now steam says its downloading the game. Should it be doing that? Before it started it told me it would take 1-2 hours. Shouldn't it just be installing the game from the disc?

I think I fixed the problem I had but now it says it's updating the game and it will launch the game as soon as its ready. GREAT! right? no, because it also says that this will take 7 hours. Surely that cant be right?

Sorry for the double post

How is the patch going? Does it fix the issues that we were all having on the demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Glad I've decided to wait until after my exams before getting this...

wow... the more and more i read here the more i have to take my hat off to SI. i don't think any company has ****ed a game release so much before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just reading there about the sheer amount of people having problems reading the authentication code, which is some dodgy font.

Mad that no one (from the publisher, Sega?) spotted that before it going on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Is it worth buying atm? Surely it doesnt take 7 hours to install?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It took me about three hours to load but then it took up most of the remaining space on my laptop.

AFAIK, the main people are having is with the SoftAnchor activation requests...which I'm having now.

It surely doesn't. There may be some issues with the new system, but they should be ironed out soon

• Advertisement

ImJohn wrote: »
    Is it worth buying atm? Surely it doesnt take 7 hours to install?
    It's gone down to 4 since I posted that ;)

Advertisement