Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

ImJohn wrote: »
    Is it worth buying atm? Surely it doesnt take 7 hours to install?

Avoid it like the plague for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

defness wrote: »
    Try downloading the patch and it might stop this

No patch for Mac yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...mine went through the code grand then started downloading on steam, updated now it's telling me the server is unavailable. It's on steam but not on my laptop even though i have the disc should it not just bloody play off the cd?it;s a disaster at the min well done to SI Games..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

lol I just bought it :o

Time to install and I'm preparing for a very frustrating time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

This is a fcuking disgrace. I've been trying to install it since 12 this morning. SI ought to be ashamed of themselves. Complete bullsh!t! Why do they have to make things so fcuking confusing???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very pissed off!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

This is a joke alright, I better have the best ****ing time since the last time I had the best ****ing time or its all a huge joke.

How will they fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i wont get round to buying this till maybe next week, will i still have all that ****ty hassel then aswell??

How will they fix this?

They decided to fix their fcuking forums first!!!! Defintely won't be buying it next year. WTF is the point of this online registering bs anyway?

• Advertisement

The new games suppose to be unbelievable by the way:pac:

And to be honest, I don't blame SI much, it's the company they signed up to authenticate it and the likes which have fooked it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

ok so the My Games section of steam now says "100% Complete" beside FM2009. However the pop-up window which was telling me how long it would take to finish updating the game is stuck at 3hr 50mins. What do I do? Any ideas?

Right click and launch. I'm prob wrong though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

This is killing me!!!

THIS IS HOW BORED I AM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 duffman08

They should be Fu*king ringing us to install this... i've just spent €45 on this Fu*king thing, they should be bending over backwards and Licking my balls at the same time to ensure a)we buy it
    b) we get to play it
    This is ****in bullsh*t.. i have bought every game right back when championship manager 1 came out on the atari, every title all the way up to this one now. and i'm seriously piss*d off right now..
    Imagine a software company on the official launch day of the game, not being able to cope with requesting activation codes, a system they set up in the first place...
    if i didnt know better i'd say the game was created and developed somehere in the hills in Offally..SI Games and whoever else cares to listen will be getting some strongly worded emails in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

right now some poor small club in the lower reaches of Northern Ireland's non league is waiting for me and I can't access them :(

oh yeah and the German national team are not in the game due to EA owning the rights......

Always been the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Was thinking of buying this through Steam tonight but by the looks of it that doesnt appear to be an option. Has ANYONE been able play the game as of yet? (no doubt they have and are playing it right now but havent the time or care to post here.;)

• Advertisement

i know, but i thought this was to be resolved with EA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Right click and launch. I'm prob wrong though :o

I did that before and it just brings up the little pop-up window.

Ok I just closed the pop-up and clicked launch again and it started the update again, but its moving a hell of a lot faster now. It started at 1hr 32 mins and its gone down to 25 mins left in about 5 minutes. w00t! at least it's progress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

duffman08 wrote: »
    oh yeah and the German national team are not in the game due to EA owning the rights......

Theres a simple way around that.

1.2.2 Installing Football Manager 2009
    This should read "Insert the football manager 2009 disc into your DVD drive and wait for the autoplay program to begin. From here, follow the on-screen steps to install the game.
    Directly from the Manual, any mentioned of ringing, or internet or anything?? No!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

kippy wrote: »
    Has ANYONE been able play the game as of yet? (no doubt they have and are playing it right now but havent the time or care to post here.;)
    Lucky bastards. :(

I did that before and it just brings up the little pop-up window.

Ok I just closed the pop-up and clicked launch again and it started the update again, but its moving a hell of a lot faster now. It started at 1hr 32 mins and its gone down to 25 mins left in about 5 minutes. w00t! at least it's progress

How have you got that far, i'm ringing thr freephone number, and trying the online activation and nothing is working???!!!
    Can anyone access the SIGAMES or the Football manager website? or is it just my computer that cant?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I can't believe there are so many people who bought the game and can't even play it. I thought Pro Evolution 2008 was a disgrace as the online was laggy at first but atleast you were able to play the game offline. This is a new low

Vikings wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble activating it via Steam?

Keep getting an error message telling me "the application was unable to connect to the internet" .... yet if you are not connected to the net you cant connect to steam and this is through steam. Makey no sensey!!! :mad:
    Just received the message. O well, was expected.

So has SI made any public statement saying that they are sorry and they are doing their very best to solve the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

So has SI made any public statement saying that they are sorry and they are doing their very best to solve the problem?

Yeah they have.

It's on http://www.footballmanager.com/

• Advertisement

Nope! No word from them for ages now. Don't know whether we can play it tonight, tomorrow or next week.

Advertisement