Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zig and Zag on Today FM...

• 14-11-2008 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Right now...ah the memories :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

Loving it but the internet connection cut out :-( so only listening to it now. Probably a good thing so I can get back to concentrating on work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Its really good so far. Very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭mikep

I wish the "tears streaming down my face" brigade would feck off and get a life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

mikep wrote: »
    I wish the "tears streaming down my face" brigade would feck off and get a life!!!

Must admit that annoyed me too - there is always one! Emotional wrecks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

mikep wrote: »

Are you referring to the above posters?

Have been listening and it's a great show, well put together.

This is the stuff Ray Darcy should be doing, rather than trying to interview ministers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭mikep

No...I was referring to the people who text in stating that they are someplace with tears streaming down their faces...a regular occurance amongst some of the D'Arcy listeners..there almost seems to be a competition to see who gets in first, often resulting from a story read out by Ray...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Memories of my youth flooding back. Brilliant stuff and as someone above said this is the sort of stuff Darcy should be doing all time. Entertainment not depressing/serious bullsh1t and the tears steaming my down my cheeks brigade. There are enough moany hole gobshi1tes like Duffy etc doing that sort of muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Siobhers

funniest ray show in yonks! im so annoyed i only realised you could watch it on streaming for the last half hour! :( dustin was priceless! :D

Deed let them cry if they want. What harm are they doing. I thought that was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Siobhers wrote: »
    funniest ray show in yonks! im so annoyed i only realised you could watch it on streaming for the last half hour! :( dustin was priceless! :D

You could watch it????

Damn it - I was only listening.

Good show though - great to have Zig and Zag back!

There is a certain section of D'Arcy's audience that seem to be perpetually in tears or have the hairs on the back of their necks standing on end because of some gob****e doing a poor to mediocre acoustic cover of some ****e song. But sure you'll have that - they should screen those texts and not encourage the feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

I was crying like a 5 year old because I couldn't go and I'm a big girl....ok I admit it!!! Now back to the topic of Zig and Zag and stop dissing us wussies ha ha ha...

C'mere though I'd hate to be Ray Foley trying to follow that, he'll do it though.

What did ye reckon about Dustin's "Sell Out" comment?

And who thinks they'll be back on TV?

Nic'name wrote: »
    I was crying like a 5 year old because I couldn't go and I'm a big girl....ok I admit it!!! Now back to the topic of Zig and Zag and stop dissing us wussies ha ha ha...

C'mere though I'd hate to be Ray Foley trying to follow that, he'll do it though.

What did ye reckon about Dustin's "Sell Out" comment?

And who thinks they'll be back on TV?

Dustin was great "Ye smell like England" "The Smell of Sterling off ye" Its like the old Irish Phrases "You took the soup" Or "You sold out for the queens Shilling"

Hope they get back on tv, unfortunately i dont see a spot for them. Maybe they could do a christmas special of some kind? Would be class.

You can smell the sterling off yous ha ha ha ha ha

I can see a spot, like a "The Panel" style talk/sketch show aimed at 18-30s. Would be class I'll present it. I don't mind. It would be better than Podge and Rodge, Podge only worked as an arch nemesis. I really don't like them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye great show today... The old platitude will do - they resurrected plenty a good memories from a time when TV was decent, funny, witty...

Would love to see them do a Christmas eve Den or Christmas Morning Den just like years ago.

I have a few of those in VHS but I'm being stubborn and decided I want to figure out how to upload them/put them onto DVD myself rather than pay someone....
    The Christmas Crisis where ZnZ had gone to England and Zag was a total prick was my fav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I was there!!!
    It was one of the best days EVER!!! The buzz was unreal, my faith in ray darcy is restored, the guests, the crew, the other audience memebers, it was a perfect day!! And the goodie bag was amazing! Finally got to meet zig and zag the legends!!!

Captain Pillowcase was there to .... :)

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CSheila_2%5CDesktop%5Czig%20and%20zag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Really enjoyed the show this morning, excellant stuff. Dustin was brilliant when he came on, Zig and Zog! :)

Meant to put up a pic ...
    595850062a9415977731l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

The lads were brilliant and dustin just topped it off. The first time in years where darcy wasn't preaching or full of opinions.

I'd love to see them get a show on rte, they're much better than podge & rodge. Found this http://www.petitiononline.com/den2008/petition.html its empty at the moment but hopefully it might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Anyone know if there's gonna be a podcast or similiar?
    Could only hear bits and pieces in work; brilliant what I could hear!

• Advertisement

gd1987 wrote: »
    The lads were brilliant and dustin just topped it off. The first time in years where darcy wasn't preaching or full of opinions.

I'd love to see them get a show on rte, they're much better than podge & rodge. Found this http://www.petitiononline.com/den2008/petition.html its empty at the moment but hopefully it might help.

It is not totally empty the first signature is mine, lol. I love the lads. Ray had the best job in the world back then!

The Christmas Crisis where ZnZ had gone to England and Zag was a total prick was my fav

You mean this one?! Only discovered it this evening, can't say I remember it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

She Devil wrote: »
    I was there!!!
    It was one of the best days EVER!!! The buzz was unreal, my faith in ray darcy is restored, the guests, the crew, the other audience memebers, it was a perfect day!! And the goodie bag was amazing! Finally got to meet zig and zag the legends!!!

Captain Pillowcase was there to .... :)

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CSheila_2%5CDesktop%5Czig%20and%20zag

Thanks to She Devil I was there too! We were a lucky bunch. If you think it sounded good on radio you should have seen it in person, it was brilliant. Everyone turned back in to 6 year olds for 3 hours. Good times, it's a day I'll cherish for a long time. Ah to be a child again :) Ray spent ages talking to people and posing for photos after, really nice guy.

What is it about all of us that makes us want to be kids again? oh those were the days!
    +1 for clare bears comment, Ray was such a nice guy, he gave me a kiss on the cheek and i nearly died!!! :)
    If you didnt see Rays Rave on the feed, try to see if its on youtube yet! It was hilarious i was breaking my arse laughing at him while at the same time trying to copy him.

STOP STOP STOP! I was sick and couldn't go!! Still dying, feck feck feck. They said they'd send me a goody bag though I spent the morning crying and my mother said "I never thought at your age you'd be crying over Zig and Zag." Aaarrrggghhh. I would have went if it was a cold or anything else but a stomach bug, not a hope, Zig wouldn't have been the only fawn one. Cheers for the Christmas Crisis link. Watched it this summer with himself in bed having pizza for brekkie. It was fab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I hope that this ends up on a podcast, i only heard like 5 minutes of the thing cos i was graduating yesterday and had to head out to college... Heard the Ray's Rave bit alright though... :cool:

STOP STOP STOP! I was sick and couldn't go!! Still dying, feck feck feck. They said they'd send me a goody bag though I spent the morning crying and my mother said "I never thought at your age you'd be crying over Zig and Zag." Aaarrrggghhh. I would have went if it was a cold or anything else but a stomach bug, not a hope, Zig wouldn't have been the only fawn one. Cheers for the Christmas Crisis link. Watched it this summer with himself in bed having pizza for brekkie. It was fab.

Awww :( the goodie bag was excellent, refresher bars, cds some got dvds, two tshirts, todayfm pens, those sweetie bracelets, love heart pops, and the zig and zag dvd ... yay!!

I have the DVD but saving it for 7am on Christmas morning...ok note to self I have been an adult for 7yrs and it doesn't seem to be having an effect :D
    Did ya eat all your retro sweets? I hope they send out the goody bag now.

I spent the morning crying and my mother said "I never thought at your age you'd be crying over Zig and Zag."

lol:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

dulpit wrote: »
    I hope that this ends up on a podcast, i only heard like 5 minutes of the thing cos i was graduating yesterday and had to head out to college... Heard the Ray's Rave bit alright though... :cool:

It was on live feed on the website, what I wouldn't give to see the footage!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

lol:P

Dear God in heaven, please guide us and protect us.

So glad to be out of " The Banana " .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Dear God in heaven, please guide us and protect us.

So glad to be out of " The Banana " .

What exactly does that mean? Why do "Lols" send you to Jesus, and why were you in a banana in the first place?

Are you sure you have the right forum?

What exactly does that mean? Why do "Lols" send you to Jesus, and why were you in a banana in the first place?

Are you sure you have the right forum?

Oh yes, I have the right forum.

It was not so much the 'Lols' that send me 'to Jesus' as such, rather what they were 'lol-ing' at! if you read back a few posts.. you will see.

"The Banana" is an affectionate term certain friends of mine ( now resident in other countries I might add ) use for The Banana Republic of Ireland.

Like you, Bondvillan, I am entitled to express my opinion, and furthermore to exercise my right to do so! I now await the usual "putting in one's place" that is a trademark of yours at this stage.

Some things do not always have to be logical, nor correct or even be to the taste of others. All you have to do is listen to a lot of the output of Irish radio these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

:cool: Ah, Bondvillan, my old friend.
    Like you, Bondvillan, I am entitled to express my opinion, and furthermore to exercise my right to do so! I now await the usual "putting in one's place" that is a trademark of yours at this stage.

You appear to have me at a disadvantage. To my embarrassment, I have apparently made a far greater impression on you than you have upon me. Have we spoken before?

I think I'd remember if we had, because non-sequitur statements like :
    Some things do not always have to be logical, nor correct or even be to the taste of others. All you have to do is listen to a lot of the output of Irish radio these days.

certainly do stand out...All I was interested in was some indication as to why lols made you angry, and why you claimed that you were, at one period, inside a banana, and I got them, Ta.

You have a good day now. :)

Actually, come to think of it, the thought of confrontation with you Bondvillain scares me, so much so it gives me nightmares!

(...enda slowly logs off boards.ie, powers down PC, gets off the chair and backs slowly towards the coat rack.. grabs coat and makes off down the corridor like wildfire)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

:cool: Ah bondvillain my old friend.
    You appear to have me at a disadvantage. To my embarrassment, I have apparently made a far greater impression on you than you have upon me. Have we spoken before?

Brilliantly Crushing. :D

2fivers wrote: »
    Brilliantly Crushing. :D

The usual s"'(-e so from Bondvillian.

How Brilliantly "crushing" indeed

You're making no sense whatsoever, Enda.

You're coming across all Arnie Pie. "You're not the time Kent... You're not the time."

You're out of your depth with the old snappy answers, so if I were you, I'd quit before I embarrassed myself further, and allow the thread to remain on topic - Which was, If I remember correctly, people enjoying something on Irish radio.

(A positive thread is a rare enough occurrence here, so when one starts, we should do all we can to stop it being hijacked by the "ME ME ME" brigade.)

For what it's worth, I thoroughly enjoyed the show on Friday, especially the off the cuff criticism from Z&Z (Ray : "Lads, do ye remember Eddie Lenihane's 'Ten minute tales'?" Zag :"Was that the Hairy fellah with the myths and legends?" Ray :"It was , yeah" Zag : "He was rubbish.")

Can anyone who was there verify if Ciara Carroll is still a looker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Oh yes, I have the right forum.

It was not so much the 'Lols' that send me 'to Jesus' as such, rather what they were 'lol-ing' at! if you read back a few posts.. you will see.

"The Banana" is an affectionate term certain friends of mine ( now resident in other countries I might add ) use for The Banana Republic of Ireland.

so it was an in-joke you just expected everyone to understand?

so is nic'name - if you want to be patronising about the posts on this thread, I suggest you do so from a blog. Now, lets get back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

2fivers wrote: »
    and allow the thread to remain on topic - Which was, If I remember correctly, people enjoying something on Irish radio.
    please - take your own advice, let the mods handle it :) thanks.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    please - take your own advice, let the mods handle it :) thanks.

Yessir. Sorry. Got annoyed. :)

Apology,

I have recieved "an infraction" from the mods.

Mea culpa, and sorry to all I have offended.

Like Jim Diamond once sang on Derek Davis' TV show in the early 80's "I should have known better". Sure who do I think I am coming on here having an opinion?

Just not a big Zig and Zag fan...

(they were ok on The Big Breakfast though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

(they were ok on The Big Breakfast though!)

heathen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

mod edit:

It should be pointed out that this thread is for the discussion of the topic only. We are only interested in what goes on on boards.ie

Please keep this in mind in future. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

any recording of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Millie wrote: »
    Right now...ah the memories :D

Good to see them back. Well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Good news, this is now available on podcast (i got it on itunes, just search for Ray D'Arcy show)

It's the full show, in 3 parts (minus the ads, music & news)

Very entertaining, i'd love to be able to watch it instead of just listening...

Bring back Zig & Zag!!!

(P.S. what was Ray talking about dustin going abroad?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Brilliant stuff, downloading the podcast now! Was there myself aswell, in fact was up on stage with Ray for the quiz and won the giantantic panda 'Ted'. Had some laughs carrying him around the streets of Dublin afterwards :D

den1.jpgted1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

ya i was lucky to be there as well. not a ray darcy fan but you couldn't fault today fm's effort on the day. only gripe was that zig and zag didn't pose for pics afterwards, but it was a great three hours of radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

• Advertisement
Advertisement