Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gina Carano vs Cris Cyborg in WEC?

• 14-11-2008 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

In regards to a question about booking Gina Carano vs Cris Cyborg, here’s what the Dana White had to say

“I wouldn’t be opposed to it. And if I did do it, I’d probably do it in the WEC.”

Interesting devlpoment, hope there is some follow through here. With the UFC now the only game in town, WEC is the best hope for womens MMA in the states

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

dunkamania wrote: »
    In regards to a question about booking Gina Carano vs Cris Cyborg, here’s what the Dana White had to say

“I wouldn’t be opposed to it. And if I did do it, I’d probably do it in the WEC.”

Interesting devlpoment, hope there is some follow through here. With the UFC now the only game in town, WEC is the best hope for womens MMA in the states

Link?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dana must be sick of Dave Meltzer nagging him. :D

I think this would be a great low risk / high return deal for Zuffa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Link

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/11/14/661183/dana-white-is-open-to-prom

In an important nugget buried in the latest episode of MMA Live, Dana White confirmed to Jon Anik that he would be interested in promoting Gina Carano vs. Cyborg Santos. His answer represents a major change in UFC policy:

I wouldn't be opposed to it...and if I did do it, it would probably be in the WEC.

The other night in an interview for Wrestling Observer Radio, Gina Carano made it very clear that it is her dream to compete in a big fight in Las Vegas for the UFC. Dana White has gone from completely opposing the entire concept of women's MMA to considering promoting this fight for the WEC. The position is clearly changing in rapid fashion, and if fans keep pressing women can finally get their chance to shine in the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

This would be great. They could promote it well and maybe include a rule change of 3, 5 minute rounds for the women.

Advertisement