Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon

Options
  • 14-11-2008 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does anyone know if there new album is any good? I have never listened to them but like Sex on fire song.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

If you're hoping for more songs like sex on fire then don't buy it.
    The rest of the album is a lot more slow burning and down tempo. If you want more songs in the same vein as sex on fire look for the earlier albums. Youth and young manhood, Aha shake heartbreak and Because of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

The album is great. I agree the rest of the album is down tempo but sure who wants an album that goes down one road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It's a pretty good album but not as good as "Because Of The Times". The standout tracks (imo) are "Closer", "Crawl", "Sex On Fire" and "Cold Desert".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Its an excellent album, however if you didn't like 'Because of the Times', as many didn't, i would guess you wont like this either. Many people who love 'youth and young manhood' & 'aha shake heartbreak' don't like the new direction KOL are taking with their music.

I do prefer the first two albums but 'Because of the Times' & 'Only by the Night' are excellent albums in their own right. I'd say get it anyway its quite good to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Does anyone know if there new album is any good? I have never listened to them but like Sex on fire song.
    I quite like the album, especially the last song Cold Desert. There are heaps more opinions on it here
    Personally I recommended you listen to their previous albums aswell, they have alot better songs than Sex on Fire which imo is one of the weakest they have recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There's about 4 good songs. The rest is pretty crap.

EDIT: Just found out that they're playing at an arena 5 minutes from my apartment in March. I'll pop along I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Sex on Fire is a good song imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

i'm a new fan of them and i love the album

Advertisement