Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three -Replacing Phone and 3 R's Repair Return Replace

Options
  • 14-11-2008 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

More of a consumer issue than phone issue

Bought a phone Nokia 6500 slide back in Jan of this year from 3

In October the scrolling broke on it and it was sent of to repair

Got it back a week later and still broken

Sent it of again

They replaced it with the same phone

Then problem with the memory card it was not retaining the information

Sent it of for repair and got it back and not working still

I rang up and they can only offer me a Nokia 6288 which I do not want and its a lower brand make than

I have done 2 of the 3 R (repair & replace)

I then requested a refund

They told me that they cannot do this through their customer service in Mumbai
    and were adament in this

Gave me the address of a po box in Dublin 2 to write to

Sent a letter to the customer service via email also faxed this and will be posting letter to their PO Box number in dublin 2

They are standing firm on not giving me refund and have offered me a lower value phone

Also going out to the store that I was dealing with and also going to give them a copy of the letter. Will stay in shop until I get an answer

They were dealing directly with customer service in the UK

Standing firm on this and also checked with consumer affairs and quoted 3 about the Sale of goods act but still no movement on them. The sales reps in their store speaking to some of them on the phone say I should get a refund but their hands are tied

Seriously thinking about the small claims court as they are just now trying to fob me of

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ask them what there policy is?
    How many times must they repair it before they'l replace it and how many times will they replace it before they refund you?

Demand there repair policy and the above in writing,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

They said that if I return it 3 times for repair then I would be due a replacement

no mention of refund

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

name and shame

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

swingking wrote: »
    name and shame

He has...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

3g stores are still selling 6500s phones, I just bought one. So its not as if theyre not available.

Yup, I say try SCC if the shop wont budge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Its 3 times repair then you get a replacement. Are you dealing with a 3 store third party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

do three repair phones or just reflash the software and hope for the best? op you have sent the phone away three times and it is still not working so i would write to their dublin offices and give them ten days to reply before taking a small claims court action against the store you bought it as they are ultimately responsible as the contract of sale is with them!

3 dont repair phones. Its a company called fonemenders.

Walkman wrote: »
    3 dont repair phones. Its a company called fonemenders.
    it seeems they had two phones from the op and failed to repair both of them.

As said already 3 dont repair phones the use a company called fonemenders. I have asked and been told if your phone bones back as swapped out but looks the exact same its because the inner workings of the phone are replaced not the casing

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    As said already 3 dont repair phones the use a company called fonemenders. I have asked and been told if your phone bones back as swapped out but looks the exact same its because the inner workings of the phone are replaced not the casing

well this company seem to have failed twice to repair two different phones for the op and also replaced the first handset with a faulty handset, maybe three should be thinking of cutting their losses and refunding the op?

Went into their store in Swords again asking for refund and then issued them with a letter of complaint quoting sale of goods act. They said that they dont do refunds and I stood firm and said its law

I have got a repair, did not work, I got a replacement(same model) did not work and now I want a refund. Kicked up murder but not in an agressive way

They rang me and told me to reset to factory settings worked for about 2 minutes and then same again, memory card not holding info

Rang them again and said I want a refund and they said they would lose money. I am willing to take a refund, not even a full one, and pay whatever extra for another phone which I think is reasonable but no

So again going to ring them tomorrow and be the bain of their life until I get satisfaction

Went into their store in Swords again asking for refund and then issued them with a letter of complaint quoting sale of goods act. They said that they dont do refunds and I stood firm and said its law

I have got a repair, did not work, I got a replacement(same model) did not work and now I want a refund. Kicked up murder but not in an agressive way

They rang me and told me to reset to factory settings worked for about 2 minutes and then same again, memory card not holding info

Rang them again and said I want a refund and they said they would lose money. I am willing to take a refund, not even a full one, and pay whatever extra for another phone which I think is reasonable but no

So again going to ring them tomorrow and be the bain of their life until I get satisfaction
    you got a repair then replacement and then a repair of the replacement and they still point blank refuse a refund! they also offered a completly inferior product as replacement, this is no better than reaching into your pocket and robbing your wallet! they should replace it with a product of similar specs if the same phone is unavailable or refund as they have been stringing you along with their bartering for long enough!

You think they would have cut their losses and agreed a refund

Now offering me a Nokia 6220 which is not bad but not really what I want

Looking for a refund and either getting an N95 or N96 and willing to pay the extra have to ring them again today and everyday

Rang the NCA and they told me that to take them to the small claims court costs €15. Lodge it and then the courts contact 3 wonder if that will give them a push as I am chasing my tail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It seems obvious that they're not going to budge, so the Small Claims is the only thing left. Make sure you include all the information about your dealings with them up to now, and that they refused you a refund and tried to pawn you off with an inferior product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Small Claims is the answer. Don't bother venting on boards, just write what you have described here on the small clamis site, €15 and you will probably get a settlement within a few weeks. Ask then for €15 from 3 and if they refuse tell them you will never do business with them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 misnomer

can I ask what size memory card you are using in your phone

Memory Card is 2gb

Went online and registered on the small claims court and paid my €15

Then customer service rang me and again offered me an exchange and I said no I want a refund

They said they cannot do this so said I have taken the legal option

Then said if you change your mind please call back :rolleyes:

Dont know how long the process takes but done my venting here and elsewhere no time for some action

Have to wait 6 weeks before I will hear back from the small claims court so it will be the new year before they can do anything

Also told not to get in touch with 3 and let them get in touch with me

Not letting this go but just have to post my comments here as 3 have not contacted me yet and I dont think they will before Christmas

Worse mobile operator ever:mad:

Well the small claims court called me today and 3 will fully refund me

Went up to store, had to bring original box,just have to give them the memory card and earphones

Then a cheque will be issued to me for the full amount I paid for and sent to the small claims court and they will send it to me

New phone with a different operator but I was disappointed that I had to go to this length to get this.Had credit on the 3 handset but I just wanted to get away from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd have given them an itemised bill, including the 15 for small claims, the amount of unused credit, and cost of calls made trying to sort this out (if it's not a freephone number).

Hope you got a signed receipt saying you'd given the goods over, along with the printed name and signature of the person who accepted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Well done Gunner

Glad some people have the guts to do this to companies who flaunt the law of the land, and make their own rules

Boo

It was a pay as you go phone and courts told me that I cannot claim the €15 back

I gave them the court order and they signed this saying they got the phone back and I got a copy of this signed copy

I forgot to bring in original memory card and earphones they said it may not matter but if they want it they can have it I wipe my hands clean of them

Nice enough in the shop but I have learned a lot about their bad customer service. Its all ok if everything works and is in order but once something goes wrong its downhill from there

So will ring them again at the end of the week just to make sure cheque is posted as until then claim still open, its only me that can close this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Fair play irish gunner, its good to see people sticking to their guns and not letting companies away with this level of service

well done on standing your ground on this and still keeping your head as many people would be screaming at store staff and phone csr's all to no avail. if people stay calm and take appropiate action companies have no choice but refund fully as your actions are completly reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Well done OP!!,

Three have possibly the worst customer service I have encountered! i bought there 3 modem via internet a few weeks ago. It broke after a week! But since it was bought over the net had to send it back 3-5 days be repaired 3-5days and be sent back to me 3-5 days. (this is after some guy told me it was because they were making repairs to or working on the internet so noone on 3 was able to log on wtf?)
    So i was within 14 days change of mind. I sent it back for refund and bought one in the store instead (as i can atleast exchange in store if something goes wrong).
    They rang me a week later saying I owed money on the modem I sent back. I explained that I didn't and they actually owed me 100 euro.
    She said fine after a half hour of explaining and cancelled the direct debit which had been done twice at this point.
    Due to my stupidity though I forgot to cancel it on my end and well yip they still took the money.
    I rang they said they havn't though it's been taken from my account by three.
    I emailed them and said I was going to sue them and name and shame if they didn't refund all the money within five days.

Ill have it by Friday :D (prob can't afford to have more ppl sueing lol)

For anyone considering getting three though get vodafoe or o2. Three is the only thing that works where I live If vodafone worked I would prob have gotten that instead.
    These guys customer service is shocking!! Really not worth the hassle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Did you get your money OP?

Advertisement