Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another waterlogged lawn

Options
  • 14-11-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

I like a nice garden and have not been lucky to have one in my last 2 houses. Both have been waterlogged now this one is irritating me. I dont even like letting the kids play out there it is so bad. My thoughts were that I could build raised flower bed either side, the sort with a 2 or 3 high brick wall around them, then have a raised patio area at the back, only a small garden so it would not be a huge job.

Also where there are stepping stones to the shed I thought maybe a pavement. Problem is the grass gets so waterlogged I thin I will have to pull up and redo. When doing this I will most likely lose about 20% of the grassed area. Should I also raise the grassed area? The only nice garden I had was where the grassed area had been done using I dont know the name but in effect a large sieve, taking out all the stones but it was made so it wasnt flat, it was higher in the centre than at the edge. The only worry I have is that this may just make the water clog on the pavement and thus not making it any easier to get to the shed.

I definitely do not have the money to get soomeone to check drains, my garden is maybe 30 ft long anyway and neighbours say theirs are similar, i think its a problem in the area rather than just our gardens.

Advertisement