Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest march for shane cancelled or not?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The protest has indeed been cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone know why?

Was it a decision by the family, or something else??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

if it was a request from the family i can't say i blame them, they probably have been hounded by reporters, bombarded by media coverage and are burnt out from it all.

all i know is that the organisers have cancelled the rally and have asked everyone tothink of shane today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

if it was a request from the family i can't say i blame them, they probably have been hounded by reporters, bombarded by media coverage and are burnt out from it all.

all i know is that the organisers have cancelled the rally and have asked everyone tothink of shane today.

I know members of his family have been brought to Croke Park today by the IRFU so maybe it's linked to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I know members of his family have been brought to Croke Park today by the IRFU so maybe it's linked to that?
    yeah that makes sense then cause i was pretty sure i read in the first article about it that that family members were organising it or else it said family members were urging people to attend or romething like that so it seemed like the family were involved or were in support of it like.

hopefully another one will be organised...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

hopefully there will be another one, time was tight on this one and i wouldnt have been able to attend. With a few weeks notice i envisage the march being very big, i hope it gets to the point that businesses will close for an hour or two and let thier employees attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

RINO87 wrote: »
    hopefully there will be another one, time was tight on this one and i wouldnt have been able to attend. With a few weeks notice i envisage the march being very big,

Please keep us posted on this. I for one will travel.

Advertisement