Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not so much a certification question...

Options
  • 14-11-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Currently looking for work in 2nd level support after finishing a contract back in mid September,contracted through own company for past 2 years, I'm fine for what I have MCSA, decent enough experience, I want to finish CCNA before Xmas, that will be fine, I also have vbscript (never really had to use , other than in Group Policy) and I really want to up my knowledge of SQL 2005, have installed it, supported users on Client Reporting , but generally where I have been there've been dedicated SQL staff, I wouldnt be as confident in it as I could be, at the moment theres a lot of places looking for very broad specs as they know its an employers market, I have the CBT Nuggets for SQL 2005, and other resources, just looking for advice from a DBA on this, now I must stress the spec isn't looking for a DBA just the general support of SQL, and the front end apps that come with. ASP.NET etc..The way I'm trying to rationalise it now is I have up my skills in the meantime, the past 7 weeks won't have been a total waste of time...Also looking into temporary jobs, nothing doing.....Going a bit nuts at the moment, any help appreciated....Apologies for length of post..

Advertisement