Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocker Spaniels

Options
  • 14-11-2008 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I have a 9 year old Cocker Spaniel, she's really lovely.

I've a question for other spaniel owners..when she gets upstairs (she loves doing this because she's nosey), she goes straight for the bin in my parents room. We always know she's been there because there is shredded tissue on the floor beside it. She roots through the bin just to find all the tissues and do that... has anyone else come across this or does anyone have an explanation for it?

That's her there with our greyhound!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

My cocker spaniel is 7 months old and obsessed with our bin, it has a butterfly lid and if any tissue is sticking out of the top of it he pulls it out and tears it up, find little wet bits all over my kitchen floor :rolleyes:

edited to add: she's beautiful by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah she is quite obsessed about the bin, she goes up just to go through the bin in that particular room then has a nose around everywhere else.

She doesn't chew the tissue she just unrolls it if it's in a ball and then shreds it and leaves it on the floor - so odd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭McNulty

I have two cocker brothers - 18 months old now and they are also obsessed with bins - kitchen bin, bathroom bin, nappy bin (which could be nasty but it has a solid lid). Cockers are just daft I think - I know my two are - they chew the worst things - live up near Mornington and the beach menas they get hold of starfish, crabs, horse muck the lot..I think they just love the stink...

McNulty wrote: »
    I have two cocker brothers - 18 months old now and they are also obsessed with bins - kitchen bin, bathroom bin, nappy bin (which could be nasty but it has a solid lid). Cockers are just daft I think - I know my two are - they chew the worst things - live up near Mornington and the beach menas they get hold of starfish, crabs, horse muck the lot..I think they just love the stink...

yep, they love anything smelly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

McNulty wrote: »

My cocker spaniels very clever in fairness to her! She rules the roost and bosses or greyhound around!

She also is clever enough that when the fridge is open, she goes to it when we have our back turned and takes carrots out and sits and eats them. She also is a terror for going out to the shed when it's open and taking potatoes out of the sack and eating them.

In saying that she does love to eat the vegetables peels form that section of the bin!

• Advertisement

My cocker spaniels very clever in fairness to her! She rules the roost and bosses or greyhound around!

She also is clever enough that when the fridge is open, she goes to it when we have our back turned and takes carrots out and sits and eats them. She also is a terror for going out to the shed when it's open and taking potatoes out of the sack and eating them.

In saying that she does love to eat the vegetables peels form that section of the bin!

My cocker likes to steal the food from my plate!

I put my dinner on the table (lovely chicken wrap) turned around to get drink when I turned back, it was on the floor being devoured :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Potato skins and green potatoes are toxic to dogs as far as I know so be careful with the spud stealing

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Vegeta wrote: »
    Potato skins and green potatoes are toxic to dogs as far as I know so be careful with the spud stealing

Didn't know that?
    Does that count for cooked potato skins too? Because we feed them to our dogs.

On the OT, I have a cocker and she loves rooting in things, she knows she's not allowed near the bin but she would if she got a chance.
    They are definitely the nuttiest type of dog I've ever seen, but so loveable you just couldn't but laugh at them! :D

Advertisement