Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 - All Contacts Gone! Help Please

• 14-11-2008 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I upgraded the firmware in my N95 (8GB) last night. I went through all the correct procedures of backing up my content using Content Copier. Firmware upgraded fine, I went to restore my backed up data and all my contacts are GONE!

The content copier flies along until it gets to 50% and starts restoring Full Backup, it slowly does it's thing up to 70% where it stalls for a while then it finishes. I went into the log and it says something like "not restored - full backup". My pictures & calendar entries have been backed up but to be honest I don't care about them. Every single one of my contacts are gone! Years worth of contacts backed up that I can't access.

Does any body know if it's a problem with the phone or the software?
    Please somebody help. As you can understand, this is rather urgent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

some might still be on the sim card. Go into contacts and press options-sim contacts-sim directory to check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

None there. I think they all got swapped to the phone when I switched to 02.
    Absolutely gutted over this. Particularly as I backed up all data but the feckin' thing won't load back onto the phone. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

There are issues with restoring settings after an upgrade. When doing the restore, just restore the contacts only and see if it makes any difference.

I was trying to do that. I couldn't see an option for it though. Is that in Content Copier Lynchie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Ay Cee wrote: »
    I was trying to do that. I couldn't see an option for it though. Is that in Content Copier Lynchie?

Yeah under the content copier... I assume you are using the NSeries version of PC Suite and not the regular Nokia one?

• Advertisement

Yeah using the Nseries version. Didn't see an option for only contacts. Finally got it. Got a program called NBU Parser or something. That was able to open the backup file, I was able to export as vcards then. Individually had to import them into Outlook then and sync the contacts in that with the phone. Long but eventually got there.

Very bad form on Nokia's behalf I have to say.

Advertisement