Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off to Rome to ge Iphone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

cojomo2 wrote: »
    8 gig 499 euro

16gig 569 euro

is that the kinda price they still are ?

guy on ebay selling an unlocked one for 485(+22 shipping) it is bidding but ending in 22 hours. 0 bids after 7 days? hmm
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Apple-iPhone-3G-16GB_W0QQitemZ220309808418QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220309808418&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

samhail wrote: »
    is that the kinda price they still are ?

guy on ebay selling an unlocked one for 485(+22 shipping) it is bidding but ending in 22 hours. 0 bids after 7 days? hmm
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Apple-iPhone-3G-16GB_W0QQitemZ220309808418QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220309808418&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
    Looks like a fake to me. The gap between the home button and the screen is too big. The phone doesn't come in a little plastic bag, and the accessories don't look right either. Plus the seller has zero feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlindedByGInge

Definatly not a trustworthy item.
    1. iphone in foreground is about 1 inch smaller than other 2 in pic (maybe iphone 2g)
    2. seller has zero feedback, avoid at all costs, set up his account less than 30 days ago
    3. would be making a loss at that price, definatly 2 good 2 be true
    4. u would get the wrong plug for the charger
    5. gives no real details about unlocking process, just goes on about the colour!!

AVOID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I's be alerted first and foremost by the unusual location of the item:

Revesby, New South Wales, Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

So... In summary!

Any sim into the unlocked Iphone from Italy - already activated - no issues!

Want any app etc - get an itunes account for your unlocked phone! No issues.

Instead of creating a new thread - I thought it might be ok to post in here.

Was thinking of buying an unlocked one from Ebay - i've never spent that much money on something like this on ebay. Does either of these seem ok?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-SEALED-IPHONE-16-GB-3G-LEGALLY-APPLE-UNLOCKED-BLACK_W0QQitemZ390006858368QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item390006858368&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-BLACK-WHITE-LEGALLY-UNLOCKED-3G-APPLE-iPHONE-16GB_W0QQitemZ280285072272QQihZ018QQcategoryZ3312QQcmdZViewItem

I want to use it then on meteor.

So... In summary!

Was thinking of buying an unlocked one from Ebay - i've never spent that much money on something like this on ebay. Does either of these seem ok?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-SEALED-IPHONE-16-GB-3G-LEGALLY-APPLE-UNLOCKED-BLACK_W0QQitemZ390006858368QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item390006858368&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-BLACK-WHITE-LEGALLY-UNLOCKED-3G-APPLE-iPHONE-16GB_W0QQitemZ280285072272QQihZ018QQcategoryZ3312QQcmdZViewItem

I can't see any problem at all with this except for the hefty mark-up. I'd rather use the difference from 569€, the official selling price, to fly to Italy and buy it myself and have a decent lunch with the change.

I know, I know but I don't have time to go to Rome to get it. If I did, I'd gladly do it and make a full ass holiday out of it.

I know, I know but I don't have time to go to Rome to get it. If I did, I'd gladly do it and make a full ass holiday out of it.

Torino? Milano? Food's better :-)

I'd my heart set on Rome!

• Advertisement

So... In summary!

I would avoid the second 1 if i were u. it doesnt say how it is unlocked, probably turbo sim or jailbroken, too messy to deal with these. first one seems alright, but expensive tho as said above. try goin on to ebay.it, you can see more italian based iphones, ur ebay account still works on this but you have to guess your way through some of it.

Italian phones come unlocked as standard so no one ever has to open the box before it gets to u!

I would avoid the second 1 if i were u. it doesnt say how it is unlocked, probably turbo sim or jailbroken, too messy to deal with these. first one seems alright, but expensive tho as said above. try goin on to ebay.it, you can see more italian based iphones, ur ebay account still works on this but you have to guess your way through some of it.

Italian phones come unlocked as standard so no one ever has to open the box before it gets to u!

True, but it does say:

"Brand New Legally Unlocked Apple 3G Iphone 16GB."

In which I case, I can only assume that they are of Itlian or Hong Kong origin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Don't they sell them unlockedi n belgium too?

culabula wrote: »
    True, but it does say:

"Brand New Legally Unlocked Apple 3G Iphone 16GB."

In which I case, I can only assume that they are of Itlian or Hong Kong origin.

I wouldnt be entirely sure about that. Turbo sim is still not voiding and contracts, terms or laws but still damages the iphone. therefore you can say ur turbo simmed iphone has been legally unlocked, which most uk iphone sellers on ebay tend to do. if it came from italy the seller would be keen to utlise this point as italian iphones are hot sellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Oh and if you are really going to Rome, buy a few of them and sell them when you get home which could pay for your trip (+phone depending on how crazy you go).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Drakar wrote: »
    Oh and if you are really going to Rome, buy a few of them and sell them when you get home which could pay for your trip (+phone depending on how crazy you go).

was thinkin about that but i dont really like the idea of ripping people off..but then on 2nd thoughs the trip is costing me 280 euro so id live to get some of that back..what do you think would be a fair price to sell a 8gig or 16 gig iphone3g here on adverts? im kinda skint, so i could really prob only afford to buy 1 extra to sell, or at a push 2..

Drakar wrote: »

WOW..I took youre advice and put an add on adverts.ie, explained my case, that i was goin to italy to my myself an unlocked iphone and that it was costing me a fair bit in hotels/flights/time, and so would consider buying 1 extra unit to sell here at a mark up of a 100 euro to offset agains my costs ..and asked if any1 wanted me to get them 1..Well i was slated, called a tout and was told by 1 person that'' people arnt stupid, we know ur a tout, your add is a disgrace etc''

bloddy hell, if i saw an add like that, where i could but an unlocked 1(and not off ebay) here in dublin,id take the hand off them at a 100 euro markup, way cheaper that goin to italy for one or takin aa risk gettin 1 posted from ebay.. any1 agree with me or was my add out of order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

WOW..I took youre advice and put an add on adverts.ie, explained my case, that i was goin to italy to my myself an unlocked iphone and that it was costing me a fair bit in hotels/flights/time, and so would consider buying 1 extra unit to sell here at a mark up of a 100 euro to offset agains my costs ..and asked if any1 wanted me to get them 1..Well i was slated, called a tout and was told by 1 person that'' people arnt stupid, we know ur a tout, your add is a disgrace etc''

bloddy hell, if i saw an add like that, where i could but an unlocked 1(and not off ebay) here in dublin,id take the hand off them at a 100 euro markup, way cheaper that goin to italy for one or takin aa risk gettin 1 posted from ebay.. any1 agree with me or was my add out of order?

As I haven't seen the actual advert, it's hard to say exactly whether it came across as a scam or not. Honestly though, you're the one going to Italy to get one unlocked, which you can't get done over here yet, so they're lucky you're even offering to get an extra one in the first place.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    As I haven't seen the actual advert, it's hard to say exactly whether it came across as a scam or not. Honestly though, you're the one going to Italy to get one unlocked, which you can't get done over here yet, so they're lucky you're even offering to get an extra one in the first place.

exactly, thats what i thought! link to advert is here:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=80721

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

exactly, thats what i thought! link to advert is here:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=80721

It would have been better if you linked to the Boards thread in the initial post, if that's allowed, but even still, the blatant animosity towards you was very much uncalled for.

• Advertisement

was thinkin about that but i dont really like the idea of ripping people off..but then on 2nd thoughs the trip is costing me 280 euro so id live to get some of that back..what do you think would be a fair price to sell a 8gig or 16 gig iphone3g here on adverts? im kinda skint, so i could really prob only afford to buy 1 extra to sell, or at a push 2..

Why would you be ripping them off? You're doing them a service and all you have to add on is a reasonable mark-up? Try getting some pre-paid orders in adavnce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Adverts does have a strong no touting policy (if people buy concert tickets they can only sell them at face value even if people would pay more elsewhere). Thats good to see to be fair, though the scenario you're presenting is a bit different. I havent looked at your advert either, but I think what you're proposing is fair. You could put em on ebay.ie I'd say, or put something in your sig here, Im sure someone on this forum might like a shot at one.

Yup - I've mailed him on the subject. I'd be happy to pay some sort of premium on it.

hey this is for culabula (or any1 else that knows)

im not doubting you but more like miss understanding something..remember yousaid that you dont need to activate the italian iphone3g, you just pop in ur sim and away you go?

i saw this video on you tube which seems to show there is indeed an activation process, or am i wrong?

video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0mMUSGPpsI

cheers

hey this is for culabula (or any1 else that knows)

im not doubting you but more like miss understanding something..remember yousaid that you dont need to activate the italian iphone3g, you just pop in ur sim and away you go?

i saw this video on you tube which seems to show there is indeed an activation process, or am i wrong?

video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0mMUSGPpsI

cheers

There is no need to activate an Italian iPhone whatsoever.

You will need to hook it up to iTunes if you wish to download music, videos or create an account for use of the App Store whether on the handset itself or on a computer. The first time you do this, it may well go through the activation process but, and I repeat, there is no need to do this in order for it to work. You simply stick in your SIM following purchase.

Are you taking Miss Understanding out somewhere nice while in Rome for dinner? I have a few suggestions, she's awful fussy.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

your ad has been removed from adverts:eek:

metalfest wrote: »
    your ad has been removed from adverts:eek:

I know!!..it was because i was selling something i dont have in my posession yet..this causes problems according to the rules! ahwell!

that's a loada crap...........hmmmm, start a new thread here saying you're willing to get an extra one?

Amazed that no-one seems to have remarked yet that v2.2 is now out for the iPhone....but it is. It was released shortly after midnight.

• Advertisement

they have. in the iPhone thread....

Advertisement