Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAMOUS PEOPLE IN IRELAND WHERE DO THEY LIVE ?

• 14-11-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

HIya,
    I live in hospital co limerick and JP macmanus lives over the road from me only met him once and he did say hi . But my question is who famous from television or even superstar/popstar lives near you and when they are out could they be bother to say hello are are they full of themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Tommy Tiernan and Hector live in Galway anyway.

As does ex Ireland rugby coach Eddie O'Sullivan. Moylough to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

Tommy Tiernan and Hector live in Galway anyway.

As does ex Ireland rugby coach Eddie O'Sullivan. Moylough to be precise.

excellent but do they live down the road from ya ... galway is a big place ...!!!! would you see them in the local shop maybe ? ..

howya tommy ..!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Celebrities don't live down my neck of the woods... too much riff raff

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

Might be hard to find "famous people" in Ireland!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Bono and Enya have easily found gaffs in Killiney. Colin Farrell has an appartment on Barrow St. Louis Walsh has an apparantment on the floor above a friend in Ballsbridge.

Im not telling you where i live tho! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Sarah Jessica Parker & Matthew Broderick have a place in Donegal.

Osama Bin Laden lives in a cave in the Burren.

Elvis lives in a caravan on the outskirts of Drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

DJKAV wrote: »
    excellent but do they live down the road from ya ... galway is a big place ...!!!! would you see them in the local shop maybe ? ..

howya tommy ..!!!

Actually I used to play football with Hector. That was a few years ago though.

You would see Tommy about though every now and then but obviously he's often away touring, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

faceman wrote: »
    Bono and Enya have easily found gaffs in Killiney. Colin Farrell has an appartment on Barrow St. Louis Walsh has an apparantment on the floor above a friend in Ballsbridge.

Im not telling you where i live tho! :p

I thought you lived in a second hand Large Hadron collider - can't fool me. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

A friend of a friend lives in Adolf Hitlers old apartment , can get more famous than that.

She got it after he was evicted for not paying his rent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Larry Mullen's house backs out onto the beach we use in Sutton. The last time I was there this year, he was out walking the dog. Don't know who looker meaner, him ,or the bulldog :D !

Gay Byrne's house (or the one he lived in for years) overlooks the compound John McColgan/Moya Doherty have buit on Howth. Great detail of it on Microsoft Live Maps, and Larry Mullen's too.

• Advertisement

Can you google maps with stars names in ireland ? thinking about going for a spin around the west coast some weekend might be fun to knock on some doors just to see who answers :)

KTRIC wrote: »
    A friend of a friend lives in Adolf Hitlers old apartment , can get more famous than that.

FUNNY ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Donavan lives somewhere in Cork, I think. Not Jason Donavan, sunshine superman one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not really a Television topic. Moving to Celebrities and Showbiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

I live in Donabate and Stephen Rea lives down the road. Have seen him in the local Garden Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Mary McAleese lives in the Phoenix Park - rumour has it that Dana has a treehouse in a Chestnut tree in the lawn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I thought you lived in a second hand Large Hadron collider - can't fool me. :P

I only live there when travelling in a clockwise direction. When i travel in an anti clockwise direction at the speed of light, i am occupying the entire universe! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

babyboom wrote: »
    I live in Donabate and Stephen Rea lives down the road. Have seen him in the local Garden Centre.

He lives between Swords and Malahide but I'm not saying exactly where because that would be mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

John Gilligan lives in Portlaoise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

CDfm wrote: »
    Mary McAleese lives in the Phoenix Park - rumour has it that Dana has a treehouse in a Chestnut tree in the lawn

She also has a house in Cootehall, Co. Roscommon, she's always doing official openings for stuff up here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I live in Malahide. Cream of the crop here I tell ya - Ronan Keating, Cecilia Ahern, Nicky from Westlife....ooooh tis exciting stuff :pac: Also Brendan Gleeson, Director and Delorentos live here.

See Bertie around a fair bit with his daughters. Adam Clayton and The Edge grew up here.

Often see "celebs" about but no one I would find overly exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

When I lived in Ireland I lived in Dalkey. One night I went out for dinner in the local Italian and Bone, Pat Kenny, Sinead O'Connor and that director neil something were eating there (all separately)

I also saw Colin Farrell around the place as his gf lives in Dalkey and you would see Eddie Irvine in his flash cars every so often too.

I was never very over-awed though, they're just normal people going about their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Brendan Kilkenny lives in my basement

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

"He lives between Swords and Malahide but I'm not saying exactly where because that would be mean."

Well I've seen where he lives and its definately in my area, not between Swords and Malahide and his post comes to our post office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Glenda Gilson lives in Castleknock. Spot those eyebrows a mile away.

Amanda Byram's folks live just over the hump back bridge as you go from Laurel Lodge to Blanchardstown.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

KTRIC wrote: »

i thought it was Because he didnt pay his Gas bill?

/me grabs coat and departs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Brendan Grace, Cecilia Ahern and Delores who won the lottery all have homes in Killaloe/Ballina.

Jeremy Irons owns a castle - think its someone in Wexford direction? not very sure.

Angela Lansbury lives in Cork.

Brian Dennehey has a house in Cork.

Gregory Peck's parents were from Dingle.

Tori Amos lives in Kinsale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Quite a comprehensive list of famous Irish people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_Irish_people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

CDfm wrote: »

The rumour about Dana is true !! She really pisses Mary off with her hang break turns on the lawn and Mary's missing milk bottles in the morning !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ex big-brother halfwit Spiral lives in finglas somewhere but i havnt been able to find his exact house.Yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement