Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Chess board

• 14-11-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    anyone know of a good place to a buy a chess board in Dublin?
    I have tried Argos and Dunnes, no joy.
    Looking for a decent selection and good prices. I like those ones which you can fold in half and store the pieces in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Alex Baburin has decent tournament quality chess sets starting around €15 for board and set. Email ababurin@iol.ie.

O'Keeffe's sports in Rathmines traditionally have a good selection too. They are about 50m off Rathmines Rd.

If you try these and still want something cheaper/more flimsy, just wait for the next Argos catalogue or try the pound shop. It's hard to find a decent fold-up set; usually they are very bad quality or expensive. You're probably better off forgetting about that requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Hanleys in dundrum sell a few chess sets, folding types for storing the pieces, they are quite nice but they don't have a huge selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shar23

Hi I'm new to this site but i'm wondering could anyone tell me how much is normal to pay for a chess set. I want to buy one for my partner for xmas and i've been on a site www.chess-sets-uk.co.uk and they have a nice one reduced from £189 to £127. This converts to €151.41 but is this an ok price or too much to pay. My partner hasn't played for years but wants to get back in to it and as i said it is a xmas pressie! Hopefully someone can help me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

Theres a sports shop on the corner of capel st and Mary st always seams to have some sets in the window.

Shar23 thats a lot of money for a set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shar23

I'm aware its a lot of money but as i said its a xmas present. I can get cheaper ones but this one is made from indian rosewood and boxwood. It also has a teakwood storage box.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

your better off just ordering them from the london chess centre. its cheaper and shiping times are fast. http://www.ukgamesshop.com/

Advertisement