Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71 - can't see Calendar items in Active Standby

• 14-11-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Got a new Nokia E71. Synced it up with Outlook, no problems using miniUSB cable.

However, in active standby can't see any calendar items. I can see to-do's but no meetings. ANyone any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> General -> Personalisation -> Home Screen -> Mode Settings ->Home Screen Applications -> Enabled Applications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

robinph wrote: »
    Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> General -> Personalisation -> Home Screen -> Mode Settings ->Home Screen Applications -> Enabled Applications
    very true

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Not on my E71 -

The options at Menu -> Settings ->General -> Personalisation are:

Display
    Standby Mode
    Tones
    Themes
    Language
    Voice Comms
    Notification Light
    One-touch keys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

tools/settings/general/personalisation/home screen/mode settings/home screen applications/enabled applications is correct.

Not sure what's up with your 71. Maybe you have to enable home screen somewhere else. I'll take a look at mine and see.

Not on my E71 -

The options at Menu -> Settings ->General -> Personalisation are:

Display
    Standby Mode
    Tones
    Themes
    Language
    Voice Comms
    Notification Light
    One-touch keys

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Try under standby mode then.

Has the network customised it much or do you maybe have the US version of the phone?

• Advertisement

Under Standby is

Active Standby [on]
    Shortcuts
    Active Standby Apps
    Active Standby Plugins (of which I've selected To Dos and Organiser, but Calendar not one of them to select)

It's the Meteor version, but I'm using on VF.

Active Stanby Apps then.

Edit: ...and the Shortcuts will let you change the icons that appear along the top of the screen for certain apps.

robinph wrote: »
    Active Stanby Apps then.

Edit: ...and the Shortcuts will let you change the icons that appear along the top of the screen for certain apps.

Absolutely, and that allows me to have the calendar icon along the top of the home screen. But I need to have the meeting reminders themselves as active plugin elements on the home page like

'Meet Joe Black at 13.00 14.00'

Absolutely, and that allows me to have the calendar icon along the top of the home screen. But I need to have the meeting reminders themselves as active plugin elements on the home page like

Do I need a new firmware upgrade I'm on 200.34.36

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Under 'Mode Settings' -> 'Home Screen Applications' -> 'Enabled Applications' you should see the option to tick 'Organiser' as an enabled application. This will show any current or upcoming calendar entries on the Active Standby Screen.

• Advertisement

Under 'Mode Settings' -> 'Home Screen Applications' -> 'Enabled Applications' you should see the option to tick 'Organiser' as an enabled application. This will show any current or upcoming calendar entries on the Active Standby Screen.

Right, thanks - well I have that ticked under Standyby plugins, along with message notification, missed call notification, etc.

But it doesn't do anything. Having the to-do ticked does show up to-do items alright, but having organiser ticked shows up nada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Right, thanks - well I have that ticked under Standyby plugins, along with message notification, missed call notification, etc.

But it doesn't do anything. Having the to-do ticked does show up to-do items alright, but having organiser ticked shows up nada.

Should work then, is there anything different about the entries that you've synced from Outlook and entries from the phone itself? I've only ever had entries I've added on the phone or synced from my old phone. Haven't tried Outlook.

Should work then, is there anything different about the entries that you've synced from Outlook and entries from the phone itself? I've only ever had entries I've added on the phone or synced from my old phone. Haven't tried Outlook.

I know, that's what driving me mental! Plus nothing on the web about it too...

Right, reapplied the firmware, turned on oganiser plug-in. Worked.

Did a restore from old phone, brought in calendar, plug-in gone.

Redid firmware, restore without calendar, sync fdrom outlook, still working.

Bizarre and annoying but somewhat solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Right, reapplied the firmware, turned on oganiser plug-in. Worked.

Did a restore from old phone, brought in calendar, plug-in gone.

Redid firmware, restore without calendar, sync fdrom outlook, still working.

Bizarre and annoying but somewhat solved.

That is bizarre! But glad you solved it :)
    I assume you have an unbranded e71? What firmware/changes?

Meteor branded. It's the latest - 200.34.36.

Definitely the backup of the 3310c calendar and trying to put that on the e71...

Thanks to all for the 'elp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I'm having the exact same problem with the E51 on Vodafone.

Advertisement