Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor post-pay

• 14-11-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

what a load of NONSENSE!!!
    My contract is from 12th Nov last yr,
    12 months contract, now the people there tell me that i've to wait until december.
    i will have paid 12 months once my direct debit pays for october.
    also i don't see how they expect me to wait 14months to get a new phone,
    i could move to payg on any network, switch back to meteor post-pay, while getting a new phone, and it would all be faster and easier than meteor's confusing system......
    i don't get why they are being so difficult, i would've thought they'd try their best to keep people ...... like, wow they get to hold on to the customer and not give out new phones for another two months,...
    or they could give the person the phone they want, AND a guaranteed 12 month contract.....
    looks like it's bye bye meteor, ..

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Bitch on the Phone with them, sometimes it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

hmm, will try that once the payment for october goes thru....
    i'd say i'll be moving, then get whatever phone i get unlocked for my meteor payg ..

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Don't waste your time complaining OP, I was exact same, contract up in October, different timespans from different user agents about when I'd qualify if at all for upgrade (my phone was broken btw and I stressed this). Wrote a registered complaint letter to them ,eventually got a reply by email with loads of copies and pastes and no real answers. They cannot and will not disclose their new conditions openly!

Informed the emailer I was done with them, ported to 3 last Friday, and he politely copied and pasted the steps for writing or contacting them to officially cancel contract providing 30 days notice....needless to say I told him where to stuff the notion of me paying for anything past last Friday. New network, new phone and I promised I'd spread the bad word...so here it is :)

Poor Meteor, what have Eircom done to you!

contract was for twelve months twelve months are up today ,
    so i think i'll have to pay for this month, but no way am i waiting till the new year,
    very annoyed......
    a friend of mine is with three, day his contract was up , phone call offering him great deals to stay with them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

metalfest wrote: »
    contract was for twelve months twelve months are up today ,
    so i think i'll have to pay for this month, but no way am i waiting till the new year,
    very annoyed......
    a friend of mine is with three, day his contract was up , phone call offering him great deals to stay with them.....

I was out of contract but they still wanted 30 days notice?! Make sure and cancel any direct debit and settle with them by cheque/draft, thats what i'll be doing

• Advertisement

another issue is they won't acknowledge my 12 months are up till dec?!?!?!

can i call them now and give them the 30day notice and move before i go into the november billing dates??

Advertisement