Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Update - ntoskrnl.exe??

• 14-11-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Bought a new laptop recently, came with Vista. I did a clean install and partitioned the drive to dual boot Ubuntu. Have the common Grub problem sorted after the Vista installation.

Everything has been going smooth until earlier this week I upgraded Vista to SP1. After a reboot I got an error from the Windows Boot Manager. File not found or its corrupted - ntoskrnl.exe
    Popped in the installation disk and repaired it, everything back to normal. Until last night again, automatic updates ran on shut down. When I started it back up again I got the error.

Is anyone else getting this?? Is there a permanent fix, rather than having to bring the installation disk with me everywhere!??!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

1) its not a virus :p

2) I'd do another clean install. SP1 upgrading is a bitch. How exactly did you upgrade? Did you get the ISO from microsoft or did you let windows update pull all the files itself? Id strongly recommend the latter. And the latté

Advertisement