Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smileys

Options
  • 14-11-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Any chance of some new smileys ? Is there any plan for new smileys ? Do people care about smileys ? I always thought smileys are helpful in forums to convey a certain tone that you might not be able to get across in just a few sentences. Smileys can help sort of break the ice a bit.

I kind of think the one's that are there now are a bit too rigid.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I kind of think the one's that are there now are a bit too rigid.

Are they?

:pac::D;):):cool::P

Have you tried looking at them in the Cloud skin? Theyre sexier.

I think we could do with female smiley, other than the :rolleyes: one.
    How about Mrs Pacman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Oh yeah , I love the pac man smiley, I've not seen that on forums before. It's deadly.
    A nice little heart smiley would be nice too. Just wondering is there a reason why there's so few ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

WindSock wrote: »
    I think we could do with female smiley, other than the :rolleyes: one.

:eek: rolleyam wallace ain't no wimminz.

picture.php?pictureid=11&groupid=42&dl=1212729317&thumb=1

It's been a while since we had a smiley war here though. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Oh yeah , I love the pac man smiley, I've not seen that on forums before. It's deadly.
    A nice little heart smiley would be nice too. Just wondering is there a reason why there's so few ?
    More smileys here lads: http://wthax.org/smilies
    heart.gif

actually the heart one is a bit emot-gay.gif

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

SteveC wrote: »
    More smileys here lads: http://wthax.org/smilies
    heart.gif

actually the heart one is a bit emot-gay.gif

:D:D

emot-munch.gif this smiley is the business.I've seen it on a few vBulletin boards.

A few animated smileys would be cool I think. Maybe some arrow smileys ? So one can direct a sentence towards a poster ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

A nice little heart smiley would be nice too.

What's wrong with <3 ?
    A few animated smileys would be cool I think.

Only if they're restricted to certain skins or you have the option to turn them off.
    Maybe some arrow smileys ? So one can direct a sentence towards a poster ?

Meh. I haven't really seen any situation that ^ , -> and <- couldn't cater for.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Because minimalism is better than overgurgitativism.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd sicken of too many smileys very quickly.

Advertisement