Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Dublin, but need to go by coast road. Best to avoid NEw Ross

• 14-11-2008 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Waterford to Dublin, but need to go by coast road. Best to avoid NEw Ross??

Do ya reckon it would be quicker to head up to like Carlow and cut across to eniscorthy and then go up the coast road or should new ross be ok for going through.

I'm leavin at 4.30 today

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have you considered the ferry?

Ballyhack - New Ross (the right side of) - Enniscorthy

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

New Ross should be fine to go through coming from Waterford. There's a 'roundabout' at the bridge now instead of lights so getting across the bridge is'nt a problem. You'll be held up a bit because your going through a town but the delays are nothing like they used to be. Should take no more than 15-20 minutes to get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

new ross is not too bad lately since the traffic lights on the bridge have been removed.... Go for new ross is my opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

You could get to Enniscorthy via Thomastown and Kiltealy, but I think New Ross would be faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

robtri wrote: »
    new ross is not too bad lately since the traffic lights on the bridge have been removed.... Go for new ross is my opinion..
    It worked for a while but now its a disaster again! 1 hour tailback this evening from the Waterford side. They've installed a roundabout at the Wexford side of the bridge and things are back almost as bad as they used to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement