Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe is back!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yay!!
    The guy is a fcuking LEGEND!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Good times. I recently viewed my archive and was watching some of his earlier Screenwipes; where he breaks down the entire production budget for his show and some great lines about Babestation et al being a "coin operated **** machine".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yay! (actually I knew this weeks back but yay anyway).

/looks forward to Dead Set review ;)

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Class, love that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Excellent! Charlie Brooker is a god amongst men. Both 'Screenburn' and 'Dawn of the Dumb' are works of genius. I very rarely laugh out loud reading a book, but nearly every page of these books is comedy gold. Seek them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

seems interesting. where would one watch older episodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fabulous

Youtube for Charlie Brooker in 10 min chunks :)

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

His greatest work is his take on 'Joseph', the BBC musical programme. It's on youtube somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

yeah, his description of David Gest is piss-your-pants funny

• Advertisement

Bump :) I taped it for tonight so no spoiling!

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I just watched it now. I thought it was terrific.
    I agreed with his thoughts on the Brand/Ross affair.

"Also tonight tens of thousands of refugees on the move across Eastern Congo."

"Yeah WHATEVA!"

His take on Britannia High was super also. LOL @ the guy with dyslexia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

When is it repeated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

he's a loudmouthed unfunny c unt whose got his tongue so far up Russel Brand's a rse hole that he is licking his b allbag.

he sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

He knows he's cocky as feck and doesn't care. The "yeah I'm right you're wrong/gimp/c*ckend" attitude only makes him funnier.

Read his Dawn of the Dumb book recently (excerpts from his Guardian columns....psst subscribe to them!), his use of the English language is just beautifully poignant in the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

It was his fellating of Russell Brand in the guardian taht really pissed me off.

He sshould be burned IMO. He's a noob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

He's a noob.

.......care to elaborate? Cheers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

For all your Charlie Brooker needs.

He made some very valid points about the Brand/Ross affair and the notion that audiences feel that everything in TV should be interactive. These goons don't know what they want and deserve nothing more than a return to proper Reithian scheduling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ah I used to read his stuff back in the PC Zone days.

Anyone else catch the episode where this week where he skewered "mission shows"?

He dissected every aspect of them to create "The Great British Wee". Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

He was on the money about 'empowering' rubbish such as Miss Naked Beauty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

On now. Review of 2008 atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

His best was his reporting of running news channels and the Madeline Mccann story .

I want him and Marina Hyde to get married and have lots of wonderfully cynical,sarcastic babies together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

What was the story with that fat kid who kept running on stage during Pop-Idol? Was he some mentally retarded relation of the singer? :confused:

"....running and running and running and running and running and running and running and running and running and ...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Anyone know where I could find a correct list of all the episodes of screenwipe that have been made?

I've consulted some of the usual sources and they all contract eact other as to how many actual episodes there are in each season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Thanks Mike65. But now I'm just even more messed up about it. BBC are calling the eps from late 2008 "series 4" but if you go to IMDB or wiki they call the eps from that time as "series 5".

Now not only don't know know how many eps were in each series, but I'm not even sure how many series there are! :(

Advertisement