Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Certificates

Options
  • 14-11-2008 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

What's the jack-in-ory with theses certificates, are they just to give one a guide to a decent fitting or do they serve some greater purpose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

They are definitly not a guide to decent fittings. Theyre actually dangerous in that respect as theyre pretty ****ing awful guides as to what to train. Armour tank certs for black ops BS and so on....why?

Only purpose they serve is minor e-peen stroking. Which is purpose enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

here have a medal for training your skills.. waste of ****in coding time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I think they are useful fo people who have 30+ mil SP and never know what to train next (I'm always getting that), they are a skill training goal. Of course its pointless really.

Also new players might find them useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the idea floated around fanfest was they were going to attch the skill training que to the certificate system

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm guessing the only reason they are going to bring in a skill queue is that you cant train on inactive accounts anymore? They should probably be worth something, otherwise whats the point of even claiming them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

That and people have been looking for a training queue for ages.

The certs are handy if you browse through them and find something you forgot to train or overlooked otherwise, meh.

Another reason they put them in was to replace corps asking for peoples public API keys so they could see what skills/SP's people had before accepting them in to the corp. I can't see them replaceing that at all in their current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Mantel wrote: »

Another reason they put them in was to replace corps asking for peoples public API keys so they could see what skills/SP's people had before accepting them in to the corp.
    Was just thinking that myself, which is a goodish idea but at the same time some of the requirements for those certificates are just silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

azezil wrote: »
    Was just thinking that myself, which is a goodish idea but at the same time some of the requirements for those certificates are just silly!

If they could so something with certs like they've done with medals (i.e. corps can create their own) I could see it being better.

Speaking of medals

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8237/medalsfw6.jpg

Advertisement