Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Beast" of Revelation.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

marco_polo wrote: »
    While you have use the word painting in your post, I am not sure you realise that it is actually just a painting of the Tower of Babel, not a photograph?

I take it the bulls are hinting at false idols etc?

If the EU is really the pinnicle of all evil then the world isn't such a bad place after all. I personally would vote for Zimbabwe or somewhere like that, but then what do I know.
    Its a world famous painting and I doubt if think they had cameras back in Babylonian times. to get a real shot of it :rolleyes:

The Beast or Bull as you call it comes from Greek Mythology, The Beast is mentioned several times in the Book of Revelations including "The Mark of the Beast" in 13 vs 16 to 18.
    If the EU is really the pinnacle of all evil then the world isn't such a bad place after all
    All I am suggesting is that Christians should be vigilant about this expanding organization.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Its a world famous painting and I doubt if think they had cameras back in Babylonian times. to get a real shot of it :rolleyes:

The Beast or Bull as you call it comes from Greek Mythology, The Beast is mentioned several times in the Book of Revelations including "The Mark of the Beast" in 13 vs 16 to 18.
    All I am suggesting is that Christians should be vigilant about this organization.

Perhaps a picture of a beast (whatever that may be) would have been more helpful then? If a beast can be taken to mean any animal why not a cute bunny rabbit instead? Why does a a bull have to be the beast? Is it soley because you have alot of images with very tenuious connections to the EU with bulls on them? Or is a bull specifically stated somewhere in Revelations?

If it were true, how would you plan to stop the Apocalypse? I am no biblically scholar and therfore open to correction but isn't it supposed to happen in order to destroy evil and allow the righteous to live forever?

Why a small percentage of people get an almost foaming at the mouth obsession with the Book Revelations I just don't understand.

Perhaps a picture of a beast (whatever that may be) would have been more helpful then? If a beast can be taken to mean any animal why not a cute bunny rabbit instead? Why does a a bull have to be the beast? .

A statue of a Woman on a bunny rabbit would not go too well outside the EU Parliament building. :D
    Is it soley because you have alot of images with very tenuious connections to the EU with bulls on them? Or is a bull specifically stated somewhere in Revelations?.

Revelations is very symbolic, some believe the "Woman" on the beast refers to an organszed Religion, the colours Purple, Scarlet and seven hills being mentioned about her. The EU flag that you often see the Woman holding was designed by Arsène Heitz who is said to have got inspiration from the twelve star halo of the Virgin Mary as seen regularly in Roman Catholic art. http://www.giveshare.org/BibleStudy/226.marysstars_files/image003.jpg

History of the EU Flag.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Europe

If it were true, how would you plan to stop the Apocalypse? I am no biblically scholar and therfore open to correction but isn't it supposed to happen in order to destroy evil and allow the righteous to live forever?

The Age of the Apocalypse is often refereed to the "tribulation period" when Antichrist reveals himself with the forbidden mark of the Beast. Many Christians believe in the "rapture" where they will escape it. I believe I will live through it. (Post tribulationist)
    Why a small percentage of people get an almost foaming at the mouth obsession with the Book Revelations I just don't understand.
    I find it one of the most fascinating books of the Bible and can see it being reveal in front of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

A statue of a Woman on a bunny rabbit would not go too well outside the EU Parliament building. :D

Revelations is very symbolic, some believe the "Woman" on the beast refers to an organszed Religion, the colours Purple, Scarlet and seven hills being mentioned about her. The EU flag that you often see the Woman holding was designed by Arsène Heitz who is said to have got inspiration from the twelve star halo of the Virgin Mary as seen regularly in Roman Catholic art. http://www.giveshare.org/BibleStudy/226.marysstars_files/image003.jpg

History of the EU Flag.

The Age of the Apocalypse is often refereed to the "tribulation period" when Antichrist reveals himself with the forbidden mark of the Beast. Many Christians believe in the "rapture" where they will escape it. I believe I will live through it. (Post tribulationist)
    I find it one of the most fascinating books of the Bible and can see it being reveal in front of us.

RTTH, I too love the book of Revelation, but I hope you don't take offence at me saying that you seem to be a little obsessive. One thing I bare in mind when reading it, is that I 'speculate' about the various symbols. its a very interesting thing to do. However, I stop short of turning my speculation into dogma. If you truly believe that the EU is the beast (and I don't know who you think the woman is), then why are you trying to stop it? Would that not be you thinking that you can act against the prophecy?

Anyway, i'm sure you'll remain shall we say, vigilant:), in your quest to identify the beast. I'd say relax a bit on the rhetoric though, if my advice means anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

History of the EU Flag.

Hehe, woman sitting on a rabbit, there is a joke in their somewhere that is probably not appropriate in this particular forum ;)

While I doubt I will ever come around to your point of view on the EU I admire you dedication to the cause, certainly noone could ever accuse you of being a boring poster :)

If I ever get implanted with a chip I will be the first to admit I was wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Perhaps a picture of a beast (whatever that may be) would have been more helpful then? If a beast can be taken to mean any animal why not a cute bunny rabbit instead? Why does a a bull have to be the beast?
    As a curious side note, the Bull was the symbol of a once very powerful and influential financial establishment on wall street;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭santing

JimiTime wrote: »
    If you truly believe that the EU is the beast (and I don't know who you think the woman is), then why are you trying to stop it? Would that not be you thinking that you can act against the prophecy?
    I think a prophecy is never given by God so that we are complacent or inactive about it. The prophecy Jonah gave to Nineveh was very clear and had no "exit strategy" attached. Yet they did the right thing, they humbled themselves and God delayed the execution of the prophecy. So, it is allowed to stop a prophecy and therewith delay its execution. Actually, it is not just allowed, it is mandated...
    JimiTime wrote: »
    Anyway, i'm sure you'll remain shall we say, vigilant:), in your quest to identify the beast. I'd say relax a bit on the rhetoric though, if my advice means anything.
    I would also hold that the Beast is a revised form of the Roman Empire, as could be well interpreted by the EU. The woman riding the beast is often recognised as organised religion...

keano_afc wrote: »
    On a slightly related topic, I was studying Revalation the other day and got stuck on chapter 20 verse 3. To save you running for the Word, it mentions that after the judgement of Satan and the False Prophet and their banishment to hell, Satan will be loosened after 1000 years. I'd be interested to get some people's views on this? In relation to why you think this will happen, and what is he being loosened to do?

It might be good to reread the passage, as it doesn't say here that the False Prophet or Satan is thrown into hell, it just describes Satan's temporary prison "the pit." The beast and false prophet are thrown into hell according to Rev 19:20. - these judgment happen at te same time, the judgment of the beast and false prophet is final, of Satan it is temporarily.

About Hell it is said that there is no exit, you cannot get out once you are in there.

Rev 20:7-10 describes the why and what:
    Rev 20:7-10 ESV And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison (8) and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. (9) And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, (10) and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

Check this one out, if you look carefully you can see an impression of the Devil in the EU Passport.

http://revver.com/video/293002/eu-passport-and-satan/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Halfdog wrote: »
    Check this one out, if you look carefully you can see an impression of the Devil in the EU Passport.

Its nothing like satan until you paint it all black. How do people give this any credence?

Halfdog wrote: »

Its hard to observe here, but even harder in my Irish EU passport. Where can I find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

santing wrote: »
    Its hard to observe here, but even harder in my Irish EU passport. Where can I find it?

You have to stare at the Harp and concentrate really hard for several days without thinking about anything else. ;)

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Its nothing like satan until you paint it all black. How do people give this any credence?
    I would't be too concerned about an image of the Devil in my EU passport, i couldnt even find it in my own however I would be more concerned about would be this image.

rfid_logo_position.jpg

It tells you that there is an RFID implant in your EU passport that gives access to all your personal information. I would be very concerned about this technology and where it will lead up to, Ie the Verichip.
    http://www.hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/001003.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 fumpidge

We are closer to the "Mark of the Beast" than we think.

http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?p=689

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

santing wrote: »
    I think a prophecy is never given by God so that we are complacent or inactive about it. The prophecy Jonah gave to Nineveh was very clear and had no "exit strategy" attached. Yet they did the right thing, they humbled themselves and God delayed the execution of the prophecy. So, it is allowed to stop a prophecy and therewith delay its execution. Actually, it is not just allowed, it is mandated...

You don't see the crtitical differences here?

1.) The Ninevah scenario dealt with the root of the problem. i.e. God is going to destroy you because of what you have become. They respected the the source of the prophecy, and repented.
    Here though, we have someone who is telling people to be careful of the EU, vote against etc, which is merely a symptom of the problem. The root, like Ninevah, is turning away from God. Telling people to prevent the EU from doing certain things is not being like Jonah in Ninevah at all. As I said, its trying to target a symptom, a symptom may I add, that is still speculative.
    I would also hold that the Beast is a revised form of the Roman Empire, as could be well interpreted by the EU. The woman riding the beast is often recognised as organised religion...

I see nothing wrong with that interpretation, but once it turns dogmatic, a line has been crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Filangi

I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and at our meetings we study various publications on different topics and the last book we studied was the Revelation book... we studied it verse by verse. it's the most interesting bible book i've studied so far. But if any of ye are interested in Revelation the book is called "Revelation It's Grand Climax at Hand!" I'm sure if you went onto www.watchtower.org and go to the contact info you'll be able to get a book. Revelation is so complicated but I still managed to understand it!!! I think it's so fascinating that all of the prophecies in it have come true(history proves) and we are living at the time when the last prophecy is soon to be fulfilled!! so exciting!

(The book of Daniel helps us understand Revelation even more.)

Two wild beasts.

The Wild Beast: Revelation 13:1b, 2 "And I saw a wild beast ascending out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, and upon its horns ten diadems, but upon its heads blasphemous names. Now the wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were as those of a bear, and its mouth was as a lion’s mouth. And the dragon gave to [the beast] its power and its throne and great authority."

Daniel (7:2-8) describes 4 beasts coming out of the sea , the 1st resembling a lion, the 2nd a bear, the 3rd a leopard and the 4th was "fearsome and terrible and unusually strong...and it had ten horns" This is remarkably similar to the wild beast seen by john. that beast also has the characteristics of a lion, a bear , and a leopard, and it has 10 horns. The identity of the huge beasts seen by Daniel: "These huge beasts...are four kings that will stand up from the earth".
    Those beasts represent "kings" or political powers of the earth.
    The 7 heads of this wild beast stand for 6 world powers featured in Bible history up to John's day - Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome - and a seventh world power prophesied to appear later.
    it's not shocking to identify the ruling political powers with a wild beast. They even adopt beasts or wild creatures as their national symbols. = British Lion, American Eagle, Chinese Dragon, Russian bear.
    In Revelation the number 10 represents completeness so the 10 horns represent the completeness of sovereign states making up the entire political organisation of Satan.

"upon its head blasphemous names" Governments print religious slogans such as "in God we trust" on their bank notes, and on their coins they claim divine approval for their rulers, stating, for ex, that these are appointed "by the grace of God". All of this is actually blasphemous, for it attempts to involve God in politics.
    Coming out of "the sea" is a fitting symbol of the turbulent masses from which human government springs.
    It's the dragon that "gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority" The beast is Satan's political creation among the masses of mankind. (john 12:31)

The Two-Horned Wild Beast: : Revelation 13:11-13 : "And I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking as a dragon. And it exercises all the authority of the first wild beast in its sight. And it makes the earth and those who dwell in it worship the first wild beast, whose death-stroke got healed.And it performs great signs, so that it should even make fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the sight of mankind."

two horns indicates a partnership of two political powers. It's coming out of the earth and not the sea , so it comes out of Satan's already established earthly system of things. It must be a world power, already existing, that takes on a significant role during the Lord's day (last days,our day).
    It is the Anglo-American World Power-the 7th head of the first wild beast. isolating it in the vision as a separate wild beast helps us to see more clearly how it acts independently on the world stage.

Revelation 13:14, 15 "...the image of the wild beast...."
    This image of the wild beast is the United Nations.

I've taken this info from the book I first mentioned. it's only a small amount so I'd recommend getting the book to get a full meaning to Revelation. There's so much more!!

Advertisement