Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First to level 80

Options
  • 14-11-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/11/13/nyhm-of-drekthar-eu-first-to-level-80/
    wowinsider wrote:
    Reports of the first character to reach level 80 are flooding in, and there are screenshots to back it up. Congratulations to Nymh of EU Drek'thar on your achievement! Nymh's Armory displays her (him?) as an SL/SL Warlock, which I've been told is an exceptionally good grinding spec, especially when coupled with a healer. Judging by her buffs in the full screenshot, it looks like she just may have had a pocket healer on the journey to 80. A Discipline Priest, specifically. Whether the Priest was there the whole way through or just happened to be partied with Nymh at that moment, we're not really sure.

That screenshot also seems to be from the Grizzly Hills, which is roughly a mid-70s zone. Nymh may have dinged 80, but she still has plenty of content ahead. I hope the trek to 80 was an enjoyable one! How long until you start leveling your alts, Nymh?

As I understand it, it was a group effort involving 6 people, 27 hours it took

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Good for her :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I thought Athene got it last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Athene's "friend" was suspended at 79 and then rolled back to 70 for use of an illegal add-on. This was after a different GM told him it was fine to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Which addon was it? They can't really do that when they said ok in the first place, poor customer service right there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Its on his website that he got it: http://www.worldofathene.com/
    ATHENE breaks world first WoTLK lvl80 record

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I am still not lvl 71, mwahahaha :P

It can be sad to see how much time people can put into this game. :(

PS: Athene's mother rules, haha :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

almost 73 now :) but im going slow, there are a few lvl 78's on my realm apparently, usualy story no one knows their name or guild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dk is lv67.

I just checked ah on my realm and lv71 plate shoulders Blood-Tempered Spaulders are selling for 900g - 2000g. My Dk still hasn't left his starter gear.

He might get more mileage out of it in northrend :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Its more something to be ashamed of rather than proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Its more something to be ashamed of rather than proud.

I used to think the same thing (and I still kinda do)

It sounds interesting for a group of guys, who plan out everything from quests to do, instance to farm, character change over etc. To be the first in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I find it funny when people can define different levels of sad for a game like this.

He spent a couple of days trying to reach a goal with a friend of his, and prob enjoyed it along the way. Good for him.

a few lvl 80 horde on our server now :/ *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Meh, it's a massive and hugely expansive game, with loads of different ways to enjoy it, so why begrudge anyone for playing it in a different way? There must've been a massive kick from hitting 80 before anyone else, and while it's certainly not for me, I'm sure that's a perfectly valid way to enjoy the game.

I know a lot of people despise leveling, as for them it's all about the instances/raids, or the PVP aspects, so they want to hit 80 as fast as possible, to get on with the game the way they like to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

the guys who hit 80 last night now have about a week to kick back and relax and go out and meet girls while were all slaving away to get there. Just like the sk/nihilum guys raid one day a week after they get all the server first. They have more free time than anyone else.

Not so sad and pathetic when you look at it that way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I agree 100% Dustaz - put it this way when I leveled my first from 60-70 I did it pretty quick (not unbelieveable but quicker than most would) but firstly I then took a break for probably 2-4 weeks because

1. mates had to catch up
    2. I had my fill of the game at the time and was almost repulsed by the idea of playing more at that moment.

I'm not shooting throught it this time - I think i've played it 3 hours since launch not even 71 yet, gonna take it easy.
    But yea cool why not be 80 asap if thats what you want - can help friends and stuff alot get an early start on the money makin.

Yup, chose not to sleep for a few days, sit at the pc only taking breaks to go to the toilet. Eating at their PC's while trying to get to that goal, no matter how you look at it, it's sad. I know a few people like this, not the healthiest of lifestyles to tell you the truth...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If they want to do it, let them off

General chat in Borean Tundra was full of "OMG, someone is 77. what a loser!". If these people actually made the effort to look to see who was the highest on the server and call them a loser, it stinks of jealousy IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Dustaz wrote: »
    the guys who hit 80 last night now have about a week to kick back and relax and go out and meet girls while were all slaving away to get there. Just like the sk/nihilum guys raid one day a week after they get all the server first. They have more free time than anyone else.

Not so sad and pathetic when you look at it that way.

Tbh Im betting those same guys arent going to take a break or take it easy, Im sure they are now tearing into the lv 80 instances and other content

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Don't worry, I hear if you only play under 10 hours a week you are officially "not sad". Anything over that you are "sad".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

#1 Athene is annoying.
    #2 I don't understand the whole racing to level 80 thing. You can't enjoy the game. i'm pretty sure it will take me a month before I ding 80.

• Advertisement

Jim wrote: »
    Don't worry, I hear if you only play under 10 hours a week you are officially "not sad". Anything over that you are "sad".

Here we go... :rolleyes:

There is a line which a lot of people cross, the sad line. It's there... believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I see sarcasm is still lost on some people. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibSWooWOiO0

really insightful video and raises some valid points. Doesnt whine about being banned for it (seeing as it only took 15 hours of their time) and says that blizzard can basically ban for no reason at all once you agree to their T&C's.

The guy who 'officially' got 80, basically used the same idea but did all the damage himself whereas athene's group had other people helping with the damage.
    The warlock did get outside help but not when killing the mobs but in principle its the same thing since you are not actually doing all the wok yourself.

But Athene said it best himself when he said he did it just to see could it be done and for the e-rage (and boy o boy did everyone take the bait). He actually had people abusing him in trade that it couldnt be done even while the character they were helping to level was 76 while there wasnt a character above 73 and in the end they were almost twice as fast as the guy who got the first official level 80.

Also did anyone check the reputation tab of the warlock who got 80 first? its funny

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

id faster believe Athene did it first, and he will get the kudos from me.

For getting first, not this achievement...

Its not an achievement...he had help along the way with aoe grind etc etc etc.

I'll be more impressed when people do it solo, not this lame effort at racing each other for massive dick wagging competitions.

The day he gets a girl whilst wearing the t-shirt " First level 80" is the day I will roll alliance...

Overestimated achievement completely and complete untrue reflection on the actual time to hit 80...

id faster believe Athene did it first, and he will get the kudos from me.

For getting first, not this achievement...

Its not an achievement...he had help along the way with aoe grind etc etc etc.

I'll be more impressed when people do it solo, not this lame effort at racing each other for massive dick wagging competitions.

The day he gets a girl whilst wearing the t-shirt " First level 80" is the day I will roll alliance...

Overestimated achievement completely and complete untrue reflection on the actual time to hit 80...

I think he already has a girlfriend mate, you know the one in the you tube videos that he is hanging out of the whole time. The one who athene will randomly grab her breasts and have a good jiggle...

I think it's better for someone to lvl by quests or instances, but not this tagging crap. It is an exploit at the end of the day. I agree with what you say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I think he already has a girlfriend mate, you know the one in the you tube videos that he is hanging out of the whole time. The one who athene will randomly grab her breasts and have a good jiggle...

anyone else think she is a bit of a butterface?

She is so not a butterface. She is a good looking girl... pfft, you must be thinking of someone else :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i was talking about nymph guy or whoever he is :)

Athene did it first in my eyes

Athene never actually hit 80, you can see in the video when the gm poped up he was still 79. Still fair play to him for being able to do it that quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

TheDOC wrote:
    blah blah

of course its a ****ing achievement.

if someones kills illidan with the help of 24 people it's an achievement..

quit hatin'

Advertisement