Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Drumset with Rockband?

Options
  • 14-11-2008 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here set up an e-drum kit for use with rock band?

I'd like to know somebodies experiences before I kill my credit card..

I have RB1, RB2 and GH:WT on xbox360.. I'm thinking of getting an e-kit with and MSA-P adapter (so it connects to the xbox). You don't need the MSAP for GH:WT, but you do for Rockband... Either way, it gives you a controller like the extra non-drumming buttons on the rock band drums...

I've been spending my time trying to figure out how to soundproof my current rock band drumset, and I've realised it's not going to happen.. There's only a few things you can do and they don't make a huge difference.

Here's my plan....
    1. Buy MSA-P board
    2. Butcher my old Rock Band Drums and solder it to the MSA-P.
    3. Buy a drumset.... Most likely Roland TD-6KW or TD-6KX... It's likely to cost at *least* €1000..
    4. Vibration-proof the floor with MDF, Carpet, and Foam :O

Any tips for me? I'll document here what I do.. if I ever actually do it...

I reckon I'll want Mesh heads instead of Rubber heads for the pads because apparently they are quieter, and better feel. This does bump the price up quite a bit though :/

Advertisement