Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really long shot...

Options
  • 14-11-2008 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Heya,

Would anyone still have the supplement from either last Saturday's Guardian or last Sunday's Sunday Times? One of those two had a supplement carrying an article on war poetry, in particular recent poetry from soldiers serving in the UK army in Iraq and Afghanistan. There were a couple of great poems in these, one in particular called Bullet, I think.

Anyway, I was intending to keep the supplement but it accidently got bundled into the papers due for the green bin (which was collected on Wednesday :o).

Not counting on many replies, tbh, I know it's a long shot :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Woohoo! Trawled through the green bin in the kitchen and it was still there! It hadn't gone out in to the big bin!

Anyway, in case anyone was wondering, the poem was called Here, Bullet and was written by Brian Turner, a British soldier posted in Mosul in Iraq.

Advertisement