Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old style door needed

Options
  • 14-11-2008 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

This was an interior door used for the exterior and is now rotting away, (the left one)

http://www.imagebam.com/image/7732ad18295102

I don't have the precise measurements, but for now, I just want to know if anyone knows anyone who might stock like this in a hard wood that will last. We only need the left door and it will probably be painted white. Nothing TOO expensive though. :eek:

Thanks,

Mal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

This is a fairly common design. Get a pair of teak doors and replace both at the same time (the door on the right will eventually rot also). Pine can be used as an eternal door if it is maintained regularly.

A local joiner may be able to repair the "left" door but cost could be prohibitive.

Check your local hardware store. Some big DIY stores may stock them off the shelf. Consider replacing the frame also.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

Ok thanks. My dad has a cavan man mentality, so price is a major factor in all of this.

mal

Advertisement