Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epilepsy and Wertz's sig

Options
  • 14-11-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I have epilepsy and Wertz sig seems to be fairly good at triggering a mild attack(minor blackout, eg; I become fairly unresponsive for a few seconds, not aware of it myself).

I was wondering if we could get some sort of warning attached to his Posts, like

"I'm a bastard who wants to screw with your mind".

So that way I can see it coming and skip over it, leaving me free to skip through without popping in and out of apparent conciousness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You say you have a problem with something and then all of a sudden there is a bandwagon.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=125952

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=44376

Maybe this should be moved to Feedback to put to the vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Maybe you can turn off signatures?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I had a string of hollo'een ligths removed from my sig by DeV a few years back as the rate at which it flickered was one that get people off.
    So there is precdent and I think you should start a thread in helpdesk about it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

thats interesting, are you generally photo sensitive? Something like this wouldn't require a warning on a TV station for example would it? Maybe pm the 2 guys, they probably just didn't even consider this.

edit: although I see 6th is at it now also, is it the new thing? not sure why people would want sigs that cause issues for other peoples vision, never mind mild epileptic attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I thought cuddles was kidding, ok of respect I'll drop it. I kinda liked them though, animated sig but not if you get me?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

6th wrote: »
    Maybe you can turn off signatures?

And miss out perving on peoples Bebo pages when I want to find out if their female and hot?
    eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Their are currently no rules against their sigs, so it would be a fair waste of time. I don't doubt that they will remove the images if I asked nicely, but should I just do that or should I try to have a rule and precedent as stated below to stop other people doing it. Plus its a pretty cool sig, it just ****s me up.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    I had a string of hollo'een ligths removed from my sig by DeV a few years back as the rate at which it flickered was one that get people off.
    So there is precdent and I think you should start a thread in helpdesk about it.

Ugg, have to do work now, will get around to it.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Turn off sigs, can't police the entire site looking for potentially hypnotic imagery, sorry.

And miss out perving on peoples Bebo pages when I want to find out if their female and hot?

Their are currently no rules against their sigs, so it would be a fair waste of time. I don't doubt that they will remove the images if I asked nicely, but should I just do that or should I try to have a rule and precedent as stated below to stop other people doing it. Plus its a pretty cool sig, it just ****s me up.

Ugg, have to do work now, will get around to it.

I think it is worth bringing it up, it could be an issue for other people also. There is no way to warn someone here, like there is pre a TV show or movie so it should be a policy in the sigpo.

Most people won't be aware how serious it can be to trigger an episode in someone who up until then was fine. It would change their whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Could be worse...

It could be the Killer Japanese Seizure Robots!

***Seriously don't click that link if you have epilepsy or don't want to develop it!***

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote: »
    Turn off sigs, can't police the entire site looking for potentially hypnotic imagery, sorry.

thats a poor attitude tbh, he wasn't asking for you to police the entire site. we could certainly have a policy against it and act when it was reported on. Film companies and TV companies 'police' all their output for this for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Just switch off signatures. If you want to see someones sig just click on thier profile. I switched off years ago and its made the site so much easier to read.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

copacetic wrote: »
    thats a poor attitude tbh, he wasn't asking for you to police the entire site. we could certainly have a policy against it and act when it was reported on. Film companies and TV companies 'police' all their output for this for instance.
    No, actually he was asking me to attach a message saying "I'm a bastard who wants to screw with your mind" message to Wertz, which is either stupid or ignorant, neither of which I personally care to entertain as a feature request.

Contact SMods RE: site policy on sigs or open a thread on Help Desk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement