Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna Create a RB2 Band? [xbox360]

Options
  • 14-11-2008 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Dunno if any of you know this yet, but in RB2, you can play your band career online. Which means if we could get a number of people together, we could start an Irish RB band and fly through all the stuff....

The advantages are....
    1. No more playing on your own (if you do)
    2. Far Higher song scores than playing on your own
    3. Quicker way to get achievements... With 4 players, a lot of the achievements are much quicker to get.
    4. We can get Ireland on the map somehow o_O
    5. Fun and awesomeness.

The good thing is that you can use your own character to play any instrument and you can switch around quite a bit.

The main thing to think about is that one user has to create the band, and that person MUST be online when others are playing... As in... that person could play with 1, 2, 3, or 4 players on the band... as long as the band creator starts it up.... This is because the band is created on his/her hard drive.... I'll try to find out if there's a way to "copy" the profile so that multiple users can start up the same band (as in if any person of the band was there first.. can they start up first).

Anyway.... The idea would be to get players all of the same level... The reason for this is that Rock Band 2 rates you on the lowest level player... so if you have 3 expert players and one easy, rock band will mark the level as 4E (or possibly 3X).... Though this doesn't really make much difference to anything in the game except for cool points.

Anyway... I can do a lot of things on expert RB2 and I have ALL the DLC, and soon I'll have the RB1 imported songs. we could create a thread on here to deal with times to meet online and other random stuff.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Definitely will be interested. Of course have to wait to pick up the game next Friday first.....
    Bags guitar!
    But I can play Hard / Expert guitar or medium drums (except for Green Hills which makes me cry)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Definitely will be interested. Of course have to wait to pick up the game next Friday first.....
    Bags guitar!
    But I can play Hard / Expert guitar or medium drums (except for Green Hills which makes me cry)

Actually GG&HT is awesome on Hard and Expert... The hard and expert are only marginally more difficult than the medium... I had trouble passing medium, then after I did... I tried hard and passed first time, then I tried expert and passed first time :/ It's only long, so once you get the rhythm down it's easy.

I just realised.... 2 things we should post about ourself is the gamertag and what times you can be online...

Here's mine...

Gamertag: Cullyz0rz
    Online Times: I work 9-5:30, so I *could* get online from 6pm-> midnightish monday - thursday if I knew people would be on. Weekends are always a bit sketchy as I always have some sort of plans, but could probably get online if I knew people would be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'm pretty good at guitar as Cully knows already,I'm alright at drums too but my EL kit sucks so I won't be playing until I get the rock band 2 drums in december.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I hereby put forward my application for drums if this goes ahead

9.8m career score RB1 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm pretty good at guitar as Cully knows already,I'm alright at drums too but my EL kit sucks so I won't be playing until I get the rock band 2 drums in december.

Bassist/Vocalist available.
    Gamertag: dem0nicsl1ce
    Levels: GH: Medium/Hard, RB: Hard and attempting expert on Guitar/Bass Vocals - largely untested!
    Usual online times, can be reached via here if i'm not logged on.

• Advertisement

Awesome... so... The question then is... Does anyone wanna create the band in RB2, or will I do it?

We could have more than 4 members and switch them round if you'd like? Let me know what you think... I say the more the merrier :/

Oh and also... Anyone got any ideas of a band name that we're gonna get famous?

No offence to anyone else, but if we had Bobalicious93 and cedomination on drums/bass, we could very easily get very high scores... A bassist is quite easy to get someone decent, and well vocals is dodgy seeing as theres SO many songs to learn.

BTW... in singles the career score is limited to only ON DISC songs.. all 84 of them.

However, the band career score goes by ALL Songs.... RB1 imports, RB2, and DLC.... Although I can't 100% confirm this yet.. give me a couple of days and I can.

well I think the band name should just be Boards.ie or something to that effect. Keep it relative to the place the band will have started.

I'm so unoriginal :D

ok.. I'm gonna create a band tonight then and we can sort some online time

UNLESS.. someone else wants to create it... Please let me know if you do! The idea is that you are online more than others.... as you'd have to be there when the band is playing.

I don't really mind.. I do realise the game isn't out yet, so I can wait :P

No offense but I seem to be online way more than you,but maybe it's because you only seem to be on really late.

No offense but I seem to be online way more than you,but maybe it's because you only seem to be on really late.

I doubt that... In the past 2 weeks though it's been different as I've had some time off work due to a bereavement. It's been hectic.

Mostly... I'm online somehow between 6pm and 11pm monday to thursday.. If I knew someone was gonna be there, I'd be on.

Anyway... Excuses aside... I think it's a good idea for someone else to create this... Here's why...
    1. They would get achievements quicker and have a band they can work on.
    2. I already have an awesome band, which I keep for when people come to my house. I can play in a boards.ie band online and could help others get their achievements (you need more than 1 person for quite a few of them).

Any volunteers? *cough*

• Advertisement

I'll make it when it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm gonna nominate Bobalicious93 (Robsyouruncle) if he doesn't mind as he's always online from what I can gather ;)

I'd volunteer, but I can never commit to a guaranteed time.

Certainly throwing my hat in here though for the band in general. Never played a song on Expert Guitar or Bass that I couldn't pass... Plenty of FC's too!!

Passed the Expert Career on Drums and Vocals too, but prefer Guitar/Bass!

cedomination... fyi, you do get the coloured logo when you pass endless setlist 2... so I vote we make that our target at next meetup ;) I should be able for most expert vocals by then.

You and Bobalicious93 can fight over who makes it... although both of you will have to make "a" band in order to do the career thing.

Right so Assuming cully is doing vocals that makes:

Vocals - Cully
    Drums - Bobalicious
    Guitar/bass - Me/Burning Eclipse

Now we need a name.

Right so Assuming cully is doing vocals that makes:

Vocals - Cully
    Drums - Bobalicious
    Guitar/bass - Me/Burning Eclipse

Now we need a name.

Name: "Boards.ie"..... tacky, but it's accurate :/

Argh.. why do I get lumped with vocals all the time... I wouldn't mind taking Bass if there are spaces, or if someone else is willing to do vocals.... I don't even have a good singing voice... lol

I'm still not terribly familiar with all the songs... especially DLC...

It might be a good idea to get phone numbers for people so we could text and remind them that you're online with ppl.... The xbox messaging thing sucks... Many times i've gone in an found messages from like weeks ago...

cedomination - You have my phone number.... anyone else want it, just send me a pm ;)

Cully wrote: »
    Name: "Boards.ie"..... tacky, but it's accurate :/

Argh.. why do I get lumped with vocals all the time... I wouldn't mind taking Bass if there are spaces, or if someone else is willing to do vocals.... I don't even have a good singing voice... lol

I'm still not terribly familiar with all the songs... especially DLC...

It might be a good idea to get phone numbers for people so we could text and remind them that you're online with ppl.... The xbox messaging thing sucks... Many times i've gone in an found messages from like weeks ago...

cedomination - You have my phone number.... anyone else want it, just send me a pm ;)

Well you don't have to be vocals.

Boards.ie is a pretty boring name though.

I'm gonna nominate Bobalicious93 (Robsyouruncle) if he doesn't mind as he's always online from what I can gather ;)

I wouldn't mind creating the band only for the fact that I've got my Junior Cert. this year so I most likely won't be on nearly as much after Xmas.

But if nobody else wants to then I don't mind ;)

I wouldn't mind creating the band only for the fact that I've got my Junior Cert.

No offense but I had no idea you were around my age,I always thought you were much older :P

cedomination... fyi, you do get the coloured logo when you pass endless setlist 2... so I vote we make that our target at next meetup ;) I should be able for most expert vocals by then.

You and Bobalicious93 can fight over who makes it... although both of you will have to make "a" band in order to do the career thing.

Yup, same as 1... I'm a platinum drummer :D Never got round to it on guitar. Once was tough enough. Sure, getting through it was p*ss easy. People gettin 5 hours free at the same time... Not so easy!

Anywho, this should be great!

Well you don't have to be vocals.

Boards.ie is a pretty boring name though.

Lol... I don't mind doing vocals quite a bit.. I just don't like to be labelled as only that.... How about if I play vocals when we have 4 players... but I switch sometimes to other instruments when we have 3 or less players?

BTW.... In RB2, you can use the same character for drums, guitar, vocals, etc... so no messing there.

Also... you can do Endless Setlist 2 in single player :)

It takes 6 hours 11 mins total straight through... make sure you can pass Visions on whatever instrument before trying... I hear it's VERY nasty... Course on vocals it's crap easy and all talkies (also I have 36th place on scorehero for it). BUT WTF... the lead singer is a GIRL :O :O :O I never want to meet her.

Of course you could play some, leave the xbox on all night and come back and do some more the next day or whatever... make sure your xbox doesn't overheat though :/

• Advertisement

Lol... I don't mind doing vocals quite a bit.. I just don't like to be labelled as only that.... How about if I play vocals when we have 4 players... but I switch sometimes to other instruments when we have 3 or less players?

Sounds perfect. If Bobalicious93 is offline we can all fight over the drums ;)

ShawnRaven, if you're reading, what happened VR...

Sounds perfect. If Bobalicious93 is offline we can all fight over the drums ;)

Well I would be interested in that... once I get my Electric Drumkit set up for it.... But for now, I will be happy to sit back.. (also I suck on drums compared to the others... I can pass probably 60% on drums now... across all 500ish songs)

BTW... there was a warning on RB2 xbox live last night saying to get your scores in early cos "the europeans are coming"...

LOL

Nice so is that confirmation of our band line-up then?

I'll have to try to make up some money fast for Friday, I'm stone broke :o
    I thought RB2 wasn't out until next friday for some reason hehe.

I'll let you guys know if there's any problems in the cash hunt :eek:

Possible names:

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"

"Zemmiphobic Zyzzyvas" (these are actually words)

"Masters of the plastic instruments"

"What do you mean Star Power?"

"Banna ceoil na h'eireann" (feeling patriotic?)

"HUGE CLEAVAGE" (hey.. false advertising worked for Bare Naked Ladies... why not us?)
    I'll let you guys know if there's any problems in the cash hunt :eek:

Looks like the Drummer spot is now open :O

Q: What do you call someone who hangs around with Musicians?

A: The Drummer

Looks like the Drummer spot is now open :O

No no no, that's not what I'm saying :D.

All I mean is that it might be an extra day or two before I can actually get the game :rolleyes:

EDIT: Cully, can you have names that long?

"Banna ceoil na h'eireann" (feeling patriotic?)

Something like this or "grúpa trad na hÉirinn" would be a good one.

No no no, that's not what I'm saying :D.

All I mean is that it might be an extra day or two before I can actually get the game :rolleyes:

EDIT: Cully, can you have names that long?

Steal the money.. or the game :pac:

The names are pretty long... not sure if "that" long... :/

My current online band name is "Cool Fashion... Need Cool Taste"... Which was written on a packet of asian sweets and it made no sense...
    Something like this or "grúpa trad na hÉirinn" would be a good one.

How about ... "Máistrí na plaisteach gléasanna ceoil"

My irish sucks so maybe someone can check it... should say "Masters of Plastic Instruments".. lol :D

How about ... "Máistrí na plaisteach gléasanna ceoil"

My irish sucks so maybe someone can check it... should say "Masters of Plastic Instruments".. lol :D

"Máistrí na huirlisí ceol plaisteach"

Fine by me.... if it'll fit.

Did everyone get the xbox update with *new* stuff? I don't like it much... yet.

• Advertisement

It's meh,although parties are pretty cool.

Advertisement