Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna Create a RB2 Band? [xbox360]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cully wrote: »
    I don't think I wanna know... :eek:

Neither did i until i saw his choice for character!!
    My plan today: Complete Endless Setlist 2 (again)... this time on expert, and with peepee breaks :D

Mine is to begin to get stuck into RB2 on Expert. Just finished GHWT on Hard difficulty the other night, took last night off to rest. Exchanging with controllers for my PS2 versions with CEMcDuff himself, picking up a bottle of JD and a bottle of Coke and gonna go nuts on RB2 connected to the 5.1 as herself has shot off to a Christmas Party tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Mine is to begin to get stuck into RB2 on Expert.

Didn't think you had RB2 yet.. haven't seen you online... Send me a live message if ya wanna play some... It was good last night when we had 3 players :D one more and we can max out some scores (maybe lol).

ES2 shouldn't take me too long... only 6hrs 11mins straight last time :pac:

Didn't think you had RB2 yet.. haven't seen you online... Send me a live message if ya wanna play some... It was good last night when we had 3 players :D one more and we can max out some scores (maybe lol).

I don't have it yet, i'm picking it up today! I was supposed to go to Gamestop in Santry yesterday but laziness got the better of me.
    ES2 shouldn't take me too long... only 6hrs 11mins straight last time :pac:

Sounds like you'll need the Jack N Coke before tonights out!

Sounds like you'll need the Jack N Coke before tonights out!

Well I'm in work at the mo... when I get home I'll do the ES2... then maybe play some normal online games... heh...

I'm gonna be tired tonight

Looks like the bands drummer's gonna spinal tap out already!
    Beware of bizarre gardening accidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yep.. it's coming out for PS2.. but as usual, they don't have a european date for it :( the north american ps2 version is coming out very soon... :/

And yes to the drumming part :P (I'm trying to get my baby roland connected to my xbox)

Damn, I wanted one for Christmas...

I'm Drumbum by the way!

mars bar wrote: »
    Damn, I wanted one for Christmas...

I'm Drumbum by the way!

:D I kinda guessed by you posting in both at virtually the same time.

Maybe it's time to invest in an Xbox360 or PS3?... actually I don't think the PS3 one is out in ireland yet :/

I think Guitar Hero World Tour may be out for PS2 already... It's the same kind of idea... 2 guitars, drums, and mic... but not as much songs... You might prefer the songs on it. Also the plastic drums you get with it look a lot better than the rock band ones...

Edit: also apparently an electric drumkit works on it, but I'm trying to sort that on mine... The xboxes have encrypted controllers, so you need an adapter between the MIDI out, and USB in :/ PS2 should be easy to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Edit: also apparently an electric drumkit works on it, but I'm trying to sort that on mine... The xboxes have encrypted controllers, so you need an adapter between the MIDI out, and USB in :/ PS2 should be easy to do though.

No you have to plug the e-drums into the midi-in on the world tour drums.

:D I kinda guessed by you posting in both at virtually the same time.

Maybe it's time to invest in an Xbox360 or PS3?... actually I don't think the PS3 one is out in ireland yet :/

I think Guitar Hero World Tour may be out for PS2 already... It's the same kind of idea... 2 guitars, drums, and mic... but not as much songs... You might prefer the songs on it. Also the plastic drums you get with it look a lot better than the rock band ones...

You see I am getting a PS2 for free today...My mams friend was gonna throw it out but I said i'll take...I'm only around at the weekends so i don't need anything too fancy...

No you have to plug the e-drums into the midi-in on the world tour drums.

Wait what? can you explain cos this makes no sense... e-drums = electronic kit? If so... Plug what in? What part to what part using what cable?

Does that mean that if I buy GH:WT with drums, and plug a MIDI-to-USB cable from my e-drums MIDI-OUT to the GH:WT drums MIDI-IN, that it'll work?
    You see I am getting a PS2 for free today...My mams friend was gonna throw it out but I said i'll take...I'm only around at the weekends so i don't need anything too fancy...

Wait... Why not buy Rock Band 1 then? it's out on PS2 and it'll give you plenty of enjoyment until Rock Band 2 is out...

Here's the songs on it...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Wait what? can you explain cos this makes no sense... e-drums = electronic kit? If so... Plug what in? What part to what part using what cable?

Does that mean that if I buy GH:WT with drums, and plug a MIDI-to-USB cable from my e-drums MIDI-OUT to the GH:WT drums MIDI-IN, that it'll work?

Yeah I told you this before,the guitar hero drums have a MIDI in so you can plug your electric drums into it and use them in the game.

Hold on I'll try find a link...

I don't think I wanna buy another crap plastic drumset... I'll get a way around it
    My plan today: Complete Endless Setlist 2 (again)... this time on expert, and with peepee breaks :D

aaaaaannnd... done! :D

After racing around town, being stuck on the slug express on the way in, raced off for a game of pitch and putt, combined with pulling an all nighter and not sleeping, it pains me to say.

I just bought Rock Band 2 and i'm too f*cking tired to play it :(
    Night folks!

Wait... Why not buy Rock Band 1 then? it's out on PS2 and it'll give you plenty of enjoyment until Rock Band 2 is out...

Here's the songs on it...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band

I think I'll get Rock Band 1. It's only for a bit of fun anyway...

I think I'll get Rock Band 1. It's only for a bit of fun anyway...

The game is best when you have some friends to play with :D

Ah yeah, my sister can sing and will be able to play the guitar and i'm a drummer so this might get more serious than we bargained for! Nothing bad in healthy competition...

competition?

If she plays guitar or sings, and you will be playing drums, then you guys will be working together on songs... Dunno where the competition is gonna come from :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Apologies for my being unavailable to play this over the weekend. Was at a mates house and we'd a four man band going! Hence my ignoring game invites.

Will be online tonight from 6 to half 9. All RB2.. so if ye're about, I am too!! :)

Apologies for my being unavailable to play this over the weekend. Was at a mates house and we'd a four man band going! Hence my ignoring game invites.

Will be online tonight from 6 to half 9. All RB2.. so if ye're about, I am too!! :)

I'll be home a little later than normal, but I'll be on all night.... Invite me if you see me :D oh and I got the newest packs :D Holiday in Cambodia here we come!

I fired up RB2 for the first time (where the hell were you anyway Cully?) last night, to my surprise, all my DLC automatically worked from RB1 without extra importing?

Am i missing something, or did i get very f*cking lucky? :D

• Advertisement

I fired up RB2 for the first time (where the hell were you anyway Cully?) last night, to my surprise, all my DLC automatically worked from RB1 without extra importing?

Yup, that's the way it's supposed to work. And for a measly 400 points, you could also get 63 of the on disc songs from RB1 to work in it too. Gloriousness all round really. I've currently got a library of 276 songs!! Cully is pretty close to the 500 I gather!?

Yup, that's the way it's supposed to work. And for a measly 400 points, you could also get 63 of the on disc songs from RB1 to work in it too. Gloriousness all round really. I've currently got a library of 276 songs!! Cully is pretty close to the 500 I gather!?

Ah it's the songs on the RB1 disc you pay to get imported over. Are there plans on importing the rest over, or is that it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Nice I've got after-school study today so I wont be on until a bit after 6 though. I'm in Computer class right now lol

That's the way the DLC works... it works in RB1 and RB2... awesome!.

Sorry I didn't respond to your request last night... I was actually very drunk and asleep on my couch with the Music Store music playing for hours in the background. Red Wine does that to me :/

My funking BB was down all last night. Was not impressed I can tell you!! :confused:

So, apologies for not being online, I hope ye soldiered on without me :P

My funking BB was down all last night. Was not impressed I can tell you!! :confused:

So, apologies for not being online, I hope ye soldiered on without me :P

I got home late last night, but my broadband didn't work for a long time too... Are you with Irishbroadband?

Either way... I'll be online from 6pm ALL NIGHT tonight... I'll be playing guitar or drums, so if you want me on vocals, you'll have to let me know so I can switch to upstairs (where I have the mic n shiz set up).

or I could play guitar or bass.... if you don't mind the horrible scores :/

Although, I did make some progress last night.. I passed a few songs I previously couldn't, but horrible scores like 85%.. haha.... Testify was surprisingly easier than I expected :/

also... 12.53mil on vocals.... Can't break out of the 600's :mad:

FC GSd my first song ever on Expert Guitar... Hungry like a wolf.. so it means I must be getting better even if it is the easiest song ever :P

Peace Sells and down with the sickness pwned me :( how to people pass that crap? :confused:

2.3mil Guitar Career score.... I need to get to about 4.5 to get on the high score list... wish me luck :D 'cos I probably wont' play guitar ever after I get my drums working :D Each song nets me about 60k... poor I know :(

FC GSd my first song ever on Expert Guitar... Hungry like a wolf.. so it means I must be getting better even if it is the easiest song ever :P

+1... but I can't remember what it was...
    2.3mil Guitar Career score.... I need to get to about 4.5 to get on the high score list... wish me luck :D

4.53mil!!!! and something like 97000th place... AW JEAH! Now to improve :/

4.53mil!!!! and something like 97000th place... AW JEAH! Now to improve :/

5.3 or something on guitar :P

So anyway.. I actually got my electric kit working last night... and spent the WHOLE night adjusting it... I thought it'd just work straight out, but there were lots of double triggering and insensitivity... I had to tweak sensitivity, mask, curve, threshold, scan time, crosstalk, retrigger cancel... ARGH.

Anyway.. it's mostly good now.. Probably still need to tweak some things, but at least I can do some drum rolls now without it messing up.. heh

Might even get to work on my career score tonight :O

• Advertisement

So anyway.. I actually got my electric kit working last night...

No you didn't! ;) Rick Allen would have done better one footed! ;)

Advertisement