Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna Create a RB2 Band? [xbox360]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    No you didn't! ;) Rick Allen would have done better one footed! ;)

What's got 9 arms and sucks? Def Leppard :eek:

But anyway... I have lots of things to say to you.....

1. Who's bright idea was it to pick METALLICA IMPOSSIBLE CHALLENGE ;)
    2. My scores were before I "tweaked" the drums
    4. I did warn you that I sucked... before I proved it..
    5. I DID get a higher percentage on you in Battery, which is more noted for being harder on drums than guitar. *cough*
    6. Also... This was before my bass drum was stuck down to the carpet, which I previously had to drag back every 25 bass hits..
    7. Did you notice there's no 3?
    8. Rick Allen probably would have done better... He is a pro drummer after all. :cool:
    9. Can you tell I'm trying to pad this to make it all your fault?

I'll get home tonight and prove that I'm not completely useless.

Also I found out that "breakneck speed" is awesome on Hard drums, but totally crap on Expert drums (too fast)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cully wrote: »
    What's got 9 arms and sucks? Def Leppard :eek:

Was gonna say Blink 182 ;)
    But anyway... I have lots of things to say to you.....

1. Who's bright idea was it to pick METALLICA IMPOSSIBLE CHALLENGE ;)

Yours i believe!
    4. I did warn you that I sucked... before I proved it..

You weren't actually too bad until we did Battery! ;)
    5. I DID get a higher percentage on you in Battery, which is more noted for being harder on drums than guitar. *cough*

Conveniently ommiting the fact that i rescued you two or three times. I was robbed
    9. Can you tell I'm trying to pad this to make it all your fault?

But damn, was that a fun set, or what? :D

But damn, was that a fun set, or what? :D

Yes.. and evil

By the way... I figured out why you didn't get the achievement. It's because you weren't set as a permanent member of the band... it saw you as a "guest" member.... Anyway.. that's something I could do before you join next... that way you should get all achievements associated with the band.

Sorry about that.

Yes.. and evil

By the way... I figured out why you didn't get the achievement. It's because you weren't set as a permanent member of the band... it saw you as a "guest" member.... Anyway.. that's something I could do before you join next... that way you should get all achievements associated with the band.

Sorry about that.

We'll do it again in the next night or so. Haven't been on the 360 as much this week. Long story, but i should be on tonight. :)

Ironically enough, since playing Alex Chilton, i've gotten my hands on most of The Replacements back catalogue. Some really good stuff, Cobain was heavily influenced by those guys, and their predecessors, The Mats. Those guys were Nirvana before Nirvana were Nirvana, and with a rakeload more talent too. Too bad Alex Chilton was picked for the set. Bastards Of Young would have been a better song i reckon. :)

Sorry.. I wasn't able to join anyone last night cos I went to a big RB2 meet in Trinity.. Tons of people there and lots of awesomeness.

Anyways.. I should be online for lots of this weekend... Invite me.. or not... :D

• Advertisement

Sorry.. I wasn't able to join anyone last night cos I went to a big RB2 meet in Trinity.. Tons of people there and lots of awesomeness.

Anyways.. I should be online for lots of this weekend... Invite me.. or not... :D

And there i was thinking you fell asleep at the kit again.

And there i was thinking you fell asleep at the kit again.

I didn't fall asleep at the kit last time.. just behind it on the couch :pac:

And this time I was logged in but turned notifications off... because I have ALL the DLC known to man (or woman) it made more sense.

Just broke 8mil career in drums.. woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Expert guitarist needs a band. D: Nobody I know plays this. Either weren't bothered or buggered off and got World Tour (Which sucks).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Oh hai there twilightning,I remember playing gh3 with you back when I sucked.

In other news....
    IMG_2105.jpg

Hell yeah!

• Advertisement

3 more beat trainer things left before the achievement.

They hurt my brain :(

Broke 7mil on Guitar... Now it's Burning Eclipses turn to catch me again ;)

Also... 13mil on Vocals... Still not out of the 600's :(
    Vocals... I have twelve 4 stars left to get up to 5.... then I'll be happy. 2 new GS's last night :D F*** YOU TENACIOUS D!!!!

Also... 13mil on Vocals... Still not out of the 600's :(

13.2mil.... 601st place... FFS... It's nearly impossible to break into the top 600. *sigh*

8.9mil drums...7.3mil guitar

C'mon guys... keep up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm going to spend Friday night making you wish you hadn't thrown down that gauntlet :pac::pac::pac:

I'm going to spend Friday night making you wish you hadn't thrown down that gauntlet :pac::pac::pac:

Aw Jeah! it's on! :D

My work xmas thing is on tonight and I'm away all weekend... lets hope you can put up some challenge for me to work at on monday :pac::pac::pac: It's kinda depressing to know how bad I am on guitar and I'm the top of my friends list :rolleyes:

In other news.. I can't pass ace of spades on Hard Drums.... it's the only one stopping me doing endless setlist 2 on hard drums.... WTF @ that song :( Also got my first GS on Expert Drums... Eye of the Tiger.. lol

Nuts... I've been asked to go see a friends band Friday night instead... Now I'm in a pickle!

Nuts... I've been asked to go see a friends band Friday night instead... Now I'm in a pickle!

And the excuses start.... :cool:

Don't worry... I'll increase my score to give you even more of a challenge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Oh no you guys are getting a big advantage over me since I wont be able to play RB for a few weeks because I was in Home Ec. yesterday (sewing) and basically f***ed up and sewed through my left index finger.

It's got a hole in it now :(

Oh no you guys are getting a big advantage over me since I wont be able to play RB for a few weeks because I was in Home Ec. yesterday (sewing) and basically f***ed up and sewed through my left index finger.

It's got a hole in it now :(

ouch! Time to pick up that mic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Good news everybody!

I can play the drums again. My finger healed up a lot quicker than I had thought it would, so we can get the band going again sometime soon

• Advertisement

Good news everybody!

I can play the drums again. My finger healed up a lot quicker than I had thought it would, so we can get the band going again sometime soon

Haha.. you sound like Hubert J. Farnsworth.

Anyway.. that is good news... I *still* need that stupid guitar achievement... sad thing is I can do it on medium if I really have to, but I've been waiting until all you people are ready. I tried doing the drums part and was too crap :mad: stupid funk/jazzy type patterns.....

I'll be online most of tonight *IF* my internet works.... My credit card expired and I'm trying to sort it, but if it's not sorted when the internet company try to take cash.... *BOOM* :(

Broke 8.35mil on guitar.... Damn.. was very hard work trying to reclaim top spot from some guy called "MacDuff" :rolleyes:

(by about 10k points only.. lol)

Broke 8.35mil on guitar.... Damn.. was very hard work trying to reclaim top spot from some guy called "MacDuff" :rolleyes:

(by about 10k points only.. lol)

Still havent played most of the easy songs :D

Still havent played most of the easy songs :D

Right.. that's it... My aim tonight is to boost my score even further!

I know you are a far better guitar player than me, but at least I wanna get some sort of competition for you. Actually I'll be extremely happy if I could get to 10mil eventually :D There's still a lot I can't pass on expert....

Besides... I reckon it'll pi** Burning Eclipse off to know that he's gonna have to work on his songs a bit more ;) he went from 1st to 4th on my list within the space of like 4 days... hehe... :pac:

PS: Hungry like a Wolf is extremely easy... and is the first song I have ever (and only) gotten 100% on in expert... and that was a sightread as far as I know (well.. I heard the song before, but never played it on guitar)

Right.. that's it... My aim tonight is to boost my score even further!

I know you are a far better guitar player than me, but at least I wanna get some sort of competition for you. Actually I'll be extremely happy if I could get to 10mil eventually :D There's still a lot I can't pass on expert....

Besides... I reckon it'll pi** Burning Eclipse off to know that he's gonna have to work on his songs a bit more ;) he went from 1st to 4th on my list within the space of like 4 days... hehe... :pac:

PS: Hungry like a Wolf is extremely easy... and is the first song I have ever (and only) gotten 100% on in expert... and that was a sightread as far as I know (well.. I heard the song before, but never played it on guitar)

Haven't played this solo in ages, bout 2 weeks I'd say. Tonight, it's on!! :pac:

Haven't played this solo in ages, bout 2 weeks I'd say. Tonight, it's on!! :pac:

Bring it! :D I fell asleep yesterday at about 7pm and woke up at 4am, so that delayed my inevitable pwnage... I might be able to get some more in tonight :D

sorry guys... I haven't been online for ages now... I should be back as of 30th night (or so)...

Did you catch up on me yet? ;)

I discovered that breakneck speed makes me far better on drums as well as guitar,too bad that screws me over for meetups because if we're all playing on one xbox you all have to be on the same speed.

I discovered that breakneck speed makes me far better on drums as well as guitar,too bad that screws me over for meetups because if we're all playing on one xbox you all have to be on the same speed.

I find breakneck speed far too fast on expert drums.. :/ I can play most on breakneck speed.. and the vocals don't speed up.... Maybe we could turn it on and get some of the guys used to it??

BTW... Possible meetup 3rd/4th/5th Jan in my house.... The only possible one before I go to china... Plan is to get ES1 done on RB1.... Possibly ES2 on RB2.... They'd have to be done on expert as our plan is to get the top achievements on RB1, which mean it has to be on expert.

Who's interested? cedomination? robsyouruncle?

• Advertisement

I find breakneck speed far too fast on expert drums.. :/ I can play most on breakneck speed.. and the vocals don't speed up.... Maybe we could turn it on and get some of the guys used to it??

It took me about 5 minutes to get used to it,maybe you're just better than me at reading notes? (tbh I think having to use speed mods is like a handicap,I don't like having to use them but I play so much better with them)
    Not sure about having it on for meetups,if everyone else is ok with it then that's cool but I don't want to force it on them.
    BTW... Possible meetup 3rd/4th/5th Jan in my house.... The only possible one before I go to china... Plan is to get ES1 done on RB1.... Possibly ES2 on RB2.... They'd have to be done on expert as our plan is to get the top achievements on RB1, which mean it has to be on expert.

Who's interested? cedomination? robsyouruncle?

Of course! :P
    I just realised the other day that I can pass most of the really hard drum songs like painkiller and visions,go me!

EDIT: I can still play well without speed mods so we're fine for the ES1,it just means that I'm going to suck at any solos that come up :p

Advertisement