Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double deckers - how do you eat yours?

• 14-11-2008 6:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a debate at the moment about the best way to eat double deckers. I eat them like I'd eat a twix, chocolate first, then chewy bit, then hard bit. But he eats then in normal bites. So how do you eat yours?

How do you eat Double Deckers? 51 votes

All components separately
    0% 0 votes
    I just chomp my way through it
    54% 28 votes
    Other
    45% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Take the nougat stuff part off first and eat it, then into the crunchy, cereal piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

2 mouthfuls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

^^Same as above^^

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I chomp the f*ck outta that bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

gotta try it all !
    always start with a full bite taking both parts, then usually the nougat stuff part on its own, then the bottom on its own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

had my first one today and just chomped it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

A mix of the two ways. Had one yesterday and it was beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

ah double deckers.....
    yeah you have to chomp your way thru then, you don't get the full double decker experience otherwise! its all about the chewy crispyness thing!

anyway I'm off to get one now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Tried a Double Decker years ago and didn't like it.

What's actually in them? Is it just biscuit and nougat? I might try one again sometime, because I often like things I previously disliked (and vice versa)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

ah double deckers.....
    yeah you have to chomp your way thru then, you don't get the full double decker experience otherwise! its all about the chewy crispyness thing!

Absolute nonsense. How did you even find your way here? Your lies have no place here; banned.

:P

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. How did you even find your way here? Your lies have no place here; banned.

:P

nonsense?? pah!

well whats the point of putting different things in them, when they are only going to eaten separately?...
    might as well just buy a bar or chocolate, a bar of nougat and some rice crispies...

nonsense?? pah!

well whats the point of putting different things in them, when they are only going to eaten separately?...
    might as well just buy a bar or chocolate, a bar of nougat and some rice crispies...

Then you have too much chocolate and not enough crunchy stuff. Rice crispy cakes aren't solid enough to be similar to be base of a double decker. Fact.

Double Decker is a chocolate bar from Cadbury's. First introduced in 1976, its name derives from the double-decker bus.
    The chocolate bar is lightly flavoured with coffee and structured in two layers; an upper whipped nougat layer, with a lower layer of cereal ‘crispies’, these are then coated in milk chocolate......

now see, cereal crispies...

Okay, here's a recipe to make it yourself. Try it and let me know how it goes!

Then see if you can chomp your way through it...

sounds like a challenge, a yummy challenge.

Have it figured out by the next time I stay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I eat the crispy bit first, then the chewy bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Passenger wrote: »
    I chomp the f*ck outta that bitch.

ditto:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Nougat bit first, but oft' times the nougat is so strong that it breaks the crispy hard bit. When this happens, I may settle for doing a half & half jobby. This is a process in which I dissect half of the bar for my personal use in extracting each piece as I see fit, then the other half is just a full no holds barred demolition of the half intact bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

crispy bit first the chewy bit yum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I just chomp my way normally through it..3 n'1 kinda thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭shift

start off same as Samhail with a bite into both layers to let it know who's boss. then i eat the nougat up to as far as I have the wrapper (65% ish) and keep my fingers clean of chocolate. I even it out then, eating the chocolate cripsy bit. Finally i try and eat the chocolate section and save the nougat but this always ends in disaster

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,321 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

1. Shove in gob
    2. Start munching
    3. Cease munching when pain is felt in fingertips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ruu wrote: »
    Take the nougat stuff part off first and eat it, then into the crunchy, cereal piece.

^^^ This

The British shop around the corner from me sells them so I get my Double Decker fix every couple of weeks. Love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭slowhands

chomping is the way to go.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I chomped my way through one last night. It was a most wonderful experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

That is my new favourite website now (except boards of course;))
    Faith is best Mod going !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i just destroy the cúnt

i just destroy the cúnt

No need for that sort of language, and certainly not in this forum. It isn't AH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

No need for that sort of language, and certainly not in this forum. It isn't AH.

apologies

Advertisement