Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone drinking Tesco Value Brand Sparkling Water?

Options
  • 14-11-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi

I have been drinking the Tesco Value brand Sparkling Water for a long time now and with 32cents/2 liter bottle is very inexpensive. However I have noticed that at my local Tesco store in Sligo they started to offer less and less of those value brand bottles (still and sparkling) and seemed to have replaced it with a new brand called 'discount brand'.

Now I wouldn't really care if they hadn't increased the sparkling water price from previously 32cents for the Tesco brand to now 65cents for the new 'Discount Brand'. The still water is still quite reasonable with 39cents.

I was wondering if all the Tesco's are getting rid of the Tesco Value Brand still/sparkling water or is that just limited to Sligo? Anyways I am a bit pissed about it because a 80% price increase is just not pleasant especially bc I drink alot of that stuff. Also the difference between the still water of 39cents vs 65cents for the sparkling water is just ridicules. Feels like they are charging half a cent a bubble.

Anyways I hope thats just a temporary thing but I have a feeling the Tesco Value brand is being phased out at least what the water is concerned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I know nothing of Tesco but maybe they're not selling as much of the "value" water as they like and now they're trying to bring in a premium sorta brand that's still cheap?

DUnnes have a similiar thing. 2l bottle is 35c with a white label and DUNNES STORES WATER written on it .. or for 68c you get some fancy blue bottle with eye pleasing label.

Advertisement