Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renoir or omnia

• 14-11-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

hi, meteor contract up
    i think i'm gonna go to vodafone and get the omnia or 3 and get the renoir,
    anyone have either ?
    if so what's your general impression/battery life/quality of the actual phone ie screen scratches etc?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

i have an lg viewty...

but have seen the renoir and omnia..

omnia wins hands down..but vodafone is a rip off..3 is the best value in my humble opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

hmm....
    only thing that bothers me about the renoir is the battery, its crazy, all the improvements in phones yet battery life is getting worse..
    why do you think the omnia is so much better?
    has anyone got either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Omnia being a windows mobile will allow a lot of software to be installed. E.g while the Renoir has gps also you can only use google maps and no navigation.

hmm.......
    went into vodafone today and your man had like a drawer of phones.............
    took out the omnia and showed it, :eek: 379 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Lunabu

Hiya, got my LG Renoir yesterday. Check out this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055411054&highlight=renoir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

metalfest wrote: »
    hmm.......
    went into vodafone today and your man had like a drawer of phones.............
    took out the omnia and showed it, :eek: 379 :(

Is that on bill pay?? Seems very cheap if it's PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

I did an awful lot of research before I finally settled on a Nokia E71.
    The Omnia would definitely have been my next choice though. Got a demonstration of the Renoir and wasn't very impressed.

moneyman wrote: »
    Is that on bill pay?? Seems very cheap if it's PAYG.

yep bill pay.....

it was really interesting, there was a drawer that had loads of phones in it, samples maybe?
    lol they didn't even have it in stock when i checked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 weekends

The Omnia is the worst phone I have ever used. I got it a couple of weeks ago and had to bring it back after a few days - the internet access and email are great (windows) but the text and basic making a call functionality are terrible - takes ages to bring up the key pad to dial number and texting is impossible - I reckon Vodafone have tonnes of returns on this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

weekends wrote: »
    The Omnia is the worst phone I have ever used. I got it a couple of weeks ago and had to bring it back after a few days - the internet access and email are great (windows) but the text and basic making a call functionality are terrible - takes ages to bring up the key pad to dial number and texting is impossible - I reckon Vodafone have tonnes of returns on this one

As in 'impossible'?
    Was it you first wm device?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 weekends

first WM but the windows element was fine - its the basics that are counter intuitive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Bought an omnia for my brother on sat... Returned it on sunday!

Was the vodafone one, and it leaked memory. After an idle hour with no apps running, the cam and other apps wouldn't start due to lack of minimum memory! After a few hours date and time reset to factory state. So I did a hard reset of the phone memory which shouldn't affect the mass storage. But bang, some songs and other files disappeared from mass storage as well... Very bad!

But hey, a lemon... Can happen. The hour it was working, it seemed like a good phone. Liked the onscreen keyboard. However: if you're desperate for a wm touchscreen device on vodafone, I'd rather recommend the v1520 aka Asus P550. Much sturdier, faster, and it's very stable!!! Yes, it's also a gigantic ugly slab, but I love it!!!
    Well, anyway...my brother's not getting an omnia for xmas - that's for sure ;)

Advertisement