Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com

Options
  • 14-11-2008 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

i saw some of their stuff is in sterling and its great value. can i purchase these in sterling or will it automatically change over to euro when i purchase.

loads of savings!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

You have to purchase in euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It won't let you purchase in sterling. You have to change the currency to Euro.

Of course they tend not to be too up to date on the old exchange rates.

They are a very good retailer though. I've used the huge amount over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

**** that so for a game of soldiers!!

anyone know anywhere else where u will get cheap dvd, cds in sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

CD WOW, Ebay or Amazon. They are the only ones I use.

Play.com are very good. You can try to buy in Sterling but because your credit card/laser will be Irish registered your bank will only send payments in Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

CD WOW, Ebay or Amazon. They are the only ones I use.

CCWow have gone to the dogs, eBay is a lucky dip of hit and miss when it comes to DVDs, Amazon charge for delivery. Asda and Sendit allow you to pay in Sterling, deliver for free, and have very good prices.
    Play.com are very good. You can try to buy in Sterling but because your credit card/laser will be Irish registered your bank will only send payments in Euro.

That's simply not true. You can't buy in Sterling on Play because they don't allow you to, not because of the bank. Play include an extra percentage in the euro conversion to cover delivery. Your card being a euro card has nothing to do with Sterling payments either, the bank will pay in whatever currency the originator requests. You can't use Laser on play.com.

• Advertisement
Advertisement