Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnotic sigs

Options
  • 14-11-2008 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭

Right so a certain sig, Wertz's to be exact seems to trigger a nice little epileptic attack with me. No seizures or anything, just a wee bit of a brain time-out to the world. Doesn't happen the whole time, I could stare at it for hours and nothing could happen. But then I wouldn't really notice if something did.

I haven't asked him to remove it in anything but a joking sense. He does seem to be starting a trend(others don't have any effect on me that I'm aware of).

I'm sure if I did ask him nicely he would remove it.

Why I'm here is I am wondering if I could get a sig rule in place to allow Biko and the sig police to remove them?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Are you for real? No way.

Wertz's sigs have consistently been the best sigs on boards since I joined, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Are you for real? No way.

Wertz's sigs have consistently been the best sigs on boards since I joined, in my opinion.

I don't deny that its a great sig, it very eye catching. But part of the reason we have sig rules is so the sigs themselves don't divert from the flow of the thread. (I think Devore said it)

I know I can turn them off, but I like being able to see one of the few parts of peoples individuality come out through their sigs and what it produces. Just in this case, it kinda konks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Doesn't happen the whole time, I could stare at it for hours and nothing could happen. But then I wouldn't really notice if something did.
    So you enjoy looking at it but you want it to go away? Embrace the beauty, ask if he can make you a large A1 size poster image for your wall. Swim in your love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oops, not meaning to spoil anyone's browsing, I'm happy to remove and replace if need be...I thought Cuddles was taking the mick in that other thread.
    It was a sig made for another forum a long time ago, only reason I stuck it up is javaboy's one the other day reminded me of it.

Optical illusion sigs can be annoying, to some people they can be as bad as those strobing gifs we all hate.
    Oh and thanks hullaballú, about the only bit of creativity I manage these days...

Yeah so in summing up, it's all javaboy's fault.

*points*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Wertz wrote: »
    Oops, not meaning to spoil anyone's browsing, I'm happy to remove and replace if need be...I thought Cuddles was taking the mick in that other thread.
    It was a sig made for another forum a long time ago, only reason I stuck it up is javaboy's one the other day reminded me of it.

Optical illusion sigs can be annoying, to some people they can be as bad as those strobing gifs we all hate.
    Oh and thanks hullaballú, about the only bit of creativity I manage these days...

Yeah so in summing up, it's all javaboy's fault.

*points*

I didn't realize it myself until somebody pointed it out to me. One of the unfortunate problems. Its about the third time its ever been noticeable in my life.

Edit, Oh and thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement