Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Y the last man

Options
  • 14-11-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just got the last trade paperback, Volume, collection whatever you call it of Y the last man. It will be read tonight... I'm just a bit worried about how this could end, What did you guys think... I'll have it read by the time I'm back on here!!

Shia le bouf as Yorick is what I've heard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

One of the best things I ever read. Its really really smart. On the last couple of issues now. Going very slow as I really dont want it to be over.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I enjoyed the vast majority of the series until it got to Volume 8 in the TPBs and the
    "Morphic Resonance pretending to be real science" segment
    . That, combined with
    killing off 355 for Teh Drama (ZOMG!)
    really soured me on the conclusion of the whole thing. I wouldn't have minded so much were it not for the arbitrary manner in which it was handled, not to mention the laughable motivations for the character involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Riddler83

Have to say I loved the whole series.....until about 5 issues to go. To me it just felt like they had to wrap things up very quickly as if they realised all of a sudden "oh ****, we have only 5 issues left, how we gonna fit everything in?? :confused: "

Did like the very end though, nice final issue, but a fantastic series overall

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

I only started reading this recently and I can't find a copy of vol 3 anywhere! It's awesome so far though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rofl Lundgren

The last few issues went a bit haywire for me, but that final issue... Perfect. Made me go back and read the whole series again. Say what you want about
    the 355 death
    , Fysh, but the
    final scene with Ampersand
    was the saddest scene of the whole series.

Now I'll just have to stick with Ex Machina. Is time travel that series morphic resonance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Fantastic series. I really enjoyed it but my problem was
    the whole 355 and Alter situation. It just wasn't explained in a satisfactory way. Alter was a class A bitch but her motivation was just... crap. It did seem a little rushed at the end (also Ciba? Not too sure what the story was with that either.) But I agree that the last issue was pretty cool.

Advertisement