Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 1]

• 14-11-2008 9:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for posting match results and reports for gameweek 1 of the Fifa 2009 Boards.ie league.

Gameweek 1 lasts from 8 p.m. Friday 14th November 2008-9 a.m. 21st November 2008.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FutureGuy 1-0 Moz

An 87th minute Wayne Rooney thunderbolt was the difference between FutureGuys Manchester United (Garak001) and Moz's AC Milan (livelyjojo) at Old Trafford this evening. Sir Alex Ferguson stunned the crowd by dropping Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs to the bench in favour of Carlos Tevez.

Manchester United had the better of the early play, with Cristiano Ronaldo seeing his 20-yard strike rebound off the underside of the bar on 26 minutes. Not to be outdone, Milan grew in confidence and were unlucky not to equalize through Shevchenko just before the break.

Soon after the second half began, it was evident that both sides would only settle for a win and both goalkeepers had to make some world-class saves. With the game looking like ending in a draw, a cross by the impressive Carlos Tevez was deflected into the path of Wayne Rooney, whose strike cannoned off the post before hitting the net and sending the Stretford End into hysterics.

AC Milan can leave with their heads held high. They produced some breathtaking football and deserved to be heading back to the San Siro with at least a point.

From Old Trafford, I'm FutureGuy reporting for Boards.ie ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Reganovski 4 BassManMuph85 2
    Reganovski 0 Knackerdwarf 3
    Reganovski 0 marshjem 4
    Reganovski 3 Garak001 1
    Reganovski 0 livelyjojo 1 ...... completely dominated...
    Reganovski 0 The Bateman IRL 2 .... Shouldn't have played the last 2 games!!

Had the pleasure of playing the first game in the league :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Batesy (BATESY2007) 2 - 0 Moz(livelyjojo)
    Liverpool v AC Milan
    Torres, Keane
    Batesy(BATESY2007) 1 - 0 Garball(Garball1)
    Liverpool v Man Utd
    Torres
    Happy to be undefeated after 2 games! :D
    Gonna save my other 2 games for during the week I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CKWPORT (The Batman IRL) 2 - 0 Reganovski
    Chelsea V Liverpool

Tough game, after a 5 - 0 defeat at the hands of FutureGuy beforehand, it was great to get a win...

Gonna take a break now, save the other 2 games for during the week, good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

FutureGuy wrote: »
    FutureGuy 1-0 Moz

An 87th minute Wayne Rooney thunderbolt was the difference between FutureGuys Manchester United (Garak001) and Moz's AC Milan (livelyjojo) at Old Trafford this evening. Sir Alex Ferguson stunned the crowd by dropping Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs to the bench in favour of Carlos Tevez.

Manchester United had the better of the early play, with Cristiano Ronaldo seeing his 20-yard strike rebound off the underside of the bar on 26 minutes. Not to be outdone, Milan grew in confidence and were unlucky not to equalize through Shevchenko just before the break.

Soon after the second half began, it was evident that both sides would only settle for a win and both goalkeepers had to make some world-class saves. With the game looking like ending in a draw, a cross by the impressive Carlos Tevez was deflected into the path of Wayne Rooney, whose strike cannoned off the post before hitting the net and sending the Stretford End into hysterics.

AC Milan can leave with their heads held high. They produced some breathtaking football and deserved to be heading back to the San Siro with at least a point.

From Old Trafford, I'm FutureGuy reporting for Boards.ie ;)

I think we know who is going to win the award for best post game analysis ;-)

• Advertisement

I think we know who is going to win the award for best post game analysis ;-)

Lol, as league creator, I'm not up for that award, so off ye go! It's adds a bit of extra fun!

Played my 4 tonight, won 2, drew 1 and lost 1. All very enjoyable games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

BassmanMurph85 2 - 4 Reganovski
    BassmanMurph85 1 - 1 Marshjem
    BassmanMurph85 3 - 1 R0nburgendee

Enjoying the games so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Reganovski wrote: »
    Reganovski 4 BassManMuph85 2
    Reganovski 0 Knackerdwarf 3
    Reganovski 0 marshjem 4
    Reganovski 3 Garak001 1
    Reganovski 0 livelyjojo 1 ...... completely dominated...
    Reganovski 0 The Bateman IRL 2 .... Shouldn't have played the last 2 games!!

Had the pleasure of playing the first game in the league :-)

Apologies about playing 6 games, just got a bit carried away :)
    Wish I hadn't considering I lost both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Played my 4 games last night and scraped one win. I'm still getting used to the FIFA/XBox gameplay (only started playing last week) but am loving it :D.
    Most of the goals I have conceded were on the break where my defense had pushed up too far. Must learn how to sort that out.
    Anyway, really enjoying it so far, can't wait till next week :D

moz
    GT: livelyjojo
    P W D L
    4 1 0 3

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Played my 4 last night Won 2 and drew 2 so undefeated so far not too bad!

Drew first game 1-1 and think I was lucky enough to hang on in the end against BossmanMurph

Won second game 4-0 was comfortable enough had a man sent off early on but was 3-0 up at that stage so wasn't to harmful.

Third game I drew 1-1 again. I think I pretty much dominated this one and was unlucky not to get the win

Final game was 3-1. Was comfy enough again in the end went 3-0 early on and could take foot off a bit in second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Knackerdwarf 3 - 0 Reganovski

Inter vs Liverpool

Really tough game. Got an early lead through a headed Ibrahimovich goal and he finished with a hat trick late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Rainyface 2-4 DJ DigitalMoose

Liverpool V Man Utd

Liverpool started off well with an 18th minute goal from Fernando Torres. Excellent Goal Celebration followed with an amazing sommersault followed by Fernando "El Nino" Torres falling flat on his arse. What a legend.

Man U fought back and pulled ahead at half time with a 2-1 advantage. Cant remember who scored but it was probably that insulant child Ronaldo or something - who cares. Anyway, Man U went 3-1 up despite a few chances for liverpool - Robbie Keane missed a 1 on 1 sitter against the keeper (Surprise Surprise) - Should have dropped him for Kuyt.

Man U went 4-1 up after about 70 minutes. Liverpool finished strong with a late goal by Stevie G. Dont know what they are feeding those guys because Stevie ended up falling on his hole after the goal celebration... Damn missed time press of the "A" button me thinks! Ah well, at least it looked cool.

Well done Digital Moose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Manchester United 1 - 2 Udinese
    10" Rooney - 9" Tissone 88" Quagliarella

"Lenigma" vs "Bubs180"

In what is inarguably the shock of the tournament so far, Udinese snatched 3 points at the death from Old Trafford after a very entertaining game. From the start Man Utd threatened with Ronaldo breaking in the first minute to shoot just past the post and fire in a dangerous free kick. However Udinese struck back and after a Di Natale free kick of their own they took the lead on the 9th minute after Tissone took advantage of some poor United defending to slot home. Their lead was short lived however after Obodo gave the ball to Wayne Rooney who finished after a superb dribble to beat Hamdanovich at his far post.

The second half was an even affair with Udinese creating more of the chances but United having the better oppurtunities. Tevez was caught by Udinese's off-side trap well for his disallowed goal but Rooney may well feel unfortunate to not have won the game for United after striking the post having beaten the Udinese defence. However, as Man United continued to press Udinese caught them on the counter as 62" substitute Floro Flores passed to Quagliarella who skinned Vidic and slotted cooly passed Van Der Sar for the win. In the post match press conference, Udinese manager Bub101 said it was a victory for all players who have the balls not to pick a 5 star team.

Take that Future Guy:D

Also, after Lenigma made his substiutions, Anderson turned into an invisible player (probably due to a ****e connection) which was a little ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

GREENHAWK 88 5-1 Knackerdwarf. A lot tougher than than the score line suggests! Drogba with a hat trick and Anelka and Ballack with the others. Just glad to get the first win out of the way, hope the good form continues though. Dont want to end up in the boards championship!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Skippy65 wrote: »
    GREENHAWK 88 5-1 Knackerdwarf. A lot tougher than than the score line suggests! Drogba with a hat trick and Anelka and Ballack with the others. Just glad to get the first win out of the way, hope the good form continues though. Dont want to end up in the boards championship!

Great game. You killed me with the first two goals in quick succession. I thought I had a chance to get back into it when I pulled it back to 2-1. I pushed players forward and it hurt me bad, conceeding 3 more.

Good luck with the rest of your games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Seany834 0 - 3 Marshjem

The game started in what looked like a training session for Liverpool as they passed it around the United players then out of nowhere all of a sudden i could not believe my eyes.........................

......Floodlights went out :D

In all my hours on Call of duty and the games i have played online in Fifa I have never lost a connection until this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Mordant Shaun 5 - 0 Batesy

Mordant Shaun 6 - 1 Bennycoon

A nice start for me...all goals score by Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov and one for Scholesy.

Disastrous start against Bennycoon scoring an o.g. ater a few minutes with Rafael! :o managed to recover ok though! :D

I have this weeks 4 games played.

So to sum up:

P W D L
    4 1 1 2

FutureGuy 5 - 0 CKWPORT
    Reganovski 0 - 2 CKWPORT
    BennyCon 5 - 0 CKWPORT
    Mister Robinson 1 - 1 CKWPORT

I was hammered by FutureGuy and BennyCon.

And was lucky to escape with a draw against Mister Robinson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

BassmanMurph85 2 - 3 Bennycon

A really enjoyable game, tight the whole way through. Fair play Bennycon.

So far my record is

P W D L
    4 1 1 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Moiph wrote: »
    BassmanMurph85 2 - 3 Bennycon

A really enjoyable game, tight the whole way through. Fair play Bennycon.

So far my record is

P W D L
    4 1 1 2

Cheers I enjoyed that close right up till the end, I taught I was safe when I went 3-1 but you got a good goal back stright away.

@ Mordant Shaun 6 - 1 Bennycon , you scored a few crackers there and your team set up was tough to defend against. Cheers for the Lesson in Finishing !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

I've played my four games for this week. 3 wins and a hard-fought draw!

Some good tidy players in this league so it should be interesting!

Very well run league Future Guy, fair play for setting it up!

It's good to see that people are taking points from one another so it should be a league where every goal and every point counts :)

Got hockeyed last night 4-1 (gameweek 2 match as I'm without an xbox for 2 weeks starting tomorrow)

Week 1 Record...

P W L D F A Pts
    4 2 1 1 8 4 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

First of all I'd like to say well done to Future Guy for all his hard work.
    Boards League is just awesome :D

I was just wondering if you are going to post a fixture list for the upcoming weeks? I am away from this Wednesday till next week and I'd like to try to arrange next weeks fixtures (if possible).

moz
    P W D L
    4 1 0 3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

DJ DigitalMoose

P W L D PTS
    4 2 1 1 7

Can't remember who I played, I'll have to look it up on the xbox!!

But this is definitely going to be an interesting league, plenty of good players out there!!

moz wrote: »
    First of all I'd like to say well done to Future Guy for all his hard work.
    Boards League is just awesome :D

I was just wondering if you are going to post a fixture list for the upcoming weeks? I am away from this Wednesday till next week and I'd like to try to arrange next weeks fixtures (if possible).

moz
    P W D L
    4 1 0 3

I aint played you yet, so if there isnt a fixtures list, i will play ya next week. I think i added you on the xbox already.

And thanks FutureGuy for setting the league up, it was worth getting FIFA for...

No problem guys :)

As I said in the other thread, I will not be able to play my week 2 fixtures next week. Therefore, I'm going to play them tonight. I have 3 more to play so I'm hoping many of you wil be on tonight. I'll be there at 10 pm.

The people who play me tonight will only play 3 games next week so hopefully we will all be on 8 games played.

There were 23 players signed up from our list of 28, so we need to get everyone signed up asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

P2 W2 F10 A2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

RichieMUFC 6 - 1 MackerelMan

It was 0-0 at half time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    RichieMUFC 6 - 1 MackerelMan

It was 0-0 at half time!

A complete disaster haha, I also lost 3-1 to knackerdwarf.

Is that it to be played this week? 2 games per week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I had a good second half alright, but you didn't make life easy! First half was very, very even.

Advertisement