Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Garak001 0 - 3 RichieMUFC
    (Manchester United vs Manchester United)

Good contest, I was lucky enough to get a few quick and early goals because the second half was 50-50.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Rainyface 4 (3) - Batesey - 1 (0)

Liverpool V Liverpool

This was a weird one - never seen it before. Was 3-0 up, Batesey got a corner or something, battle in the box and ended up scoring after a poor clearence by me... Commentator says he just scored an OG - I thought I deflected it in or something and thats why it was an OG. At the tip off realised score was 4-0. Seems to be a glitch in the matrix or something. Must have confused it with 2 Liverpool teams. Final score 4-1 but.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

keen wrote: »
    A complete disaster haha, I also lost 3-1 to knackerdwarf.

Is that it to be played this week? 2 games per week.

Hi Keen, we all play 4 games per week (this week ends Friday evening at 9pm)

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Garak001 0 - 3 RichieMUFC
    (Manchester United vs Manchester United)

Good contest, I was lucky enough to get a few quick and early goals because the second half was 50-50.

In fairness, you played me off the park last night. :)

I won a game 4-0 just before this, but after that it seemed i forgot how to score...I must have hit the bar about 4 times per game last nigh and nothing would go in. I think I'm a bit OCD as I can't go to bed without winning my last game...which happened at 115 am :rolleyes:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    it seemed i forgot how to score...

I'm with you on this....I always seem to miss so many good chances. My shooting is rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Is it too late to join?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Pld/W/L/D/F/A/Pts

4/1/2/1/3/11/4

Pld/W/L/D/F/A/Pts

4/2/1/1/8/4/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Pld/W/L/D/F/A/Pts

4/3/0/1/16/4/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Knackerdwarf 2 - 1 Deliverance XXV
    (Inter Milan) (Man Utd)

Absolutely thrilling and physical game with both sides letting nothing up easy. Inter Milan took the lead with a soft Ibrahomvic goal on the 45 minute mark. Man Utd tie it up in the second half and it looks like its heading for a draw until the dying seconds of the game when Ibrahimovic steps up again in injury time with a powerhouse of a bicycle kick that wins the game. This was his 9th goal of the campaign after getting two hat tricks already. The man is on fire.

See highlights below with the bicycle kick to win the game in injury time and send Inter Milan to the top of the the league. Pure Roy of the Rovers stuff!

Knackerdwarf

Week 1:

P-W-L-D-F-A-PTS
    4-3-1-0-10-7-9

Current Standing:

P-W-L-D-F-A-PTS
    5-4-1-0-12-8-12

• Advertisement

knackerdwarf, can I have your record after just the first 4 games please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

That last goal was a stunner! GG m8.

DJ Digital Moose 0-1 Deliverance XXV
    Deliverance XXV 2-4 Soby0000
    Knackerdwarf 2-1 Deliverance XXV
    Deliverance XXV 1-0 Towellers

P-W-D-L-F-A
    4- 2-0-2-5-6

All games were cracking games but I may tighten up the defence. I have let in some shockers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Still need to play 2 more games. If anyone fancies it, I'll probably be online tonight. Just send me a message on Xbox Live. My gamer tag is The Dunne

R0nBurgundee 1 - 5 RichieMUFC
    Barcelona vs Manchester United

Not a bad contest. Although, Abidal was maaaaaaybe a little lucky to only see yellow when taking Ronaldo down from behind (No, Ronaldo doesnt like being taken from behind - before someone says it!!!!! lol) out on the right wing! Puyol is fairly strong at center back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Week 1:

P-W-L-D- F -A-PTS
    4-2 -1-2-16-8- 7

DJ DigitalMoose 4-2 Rainyface
    DJ DigitalMoose 3-4 Garball
    DJ DigitalMoose 7-0 Marshjem
    DJ DigitalMoose 2-2 Mordant Shaun

Week 2:

DJ DigitalMoose 3-1 R0nBurgundee
    DJ DigitalMoose 0-1 Deliverance XXV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Not a bad contest. Although, Abidal was maaaaaaybe a little lucky to only see yellow when taking Ronaldo down from behind (No, Ronaldo doesnt like being taken from behind - before someone says it!!!!! lol) out on the right wing! Puyol is fairly strong at center back.

The ball was there to be won! :o

In fairness it wasn't much of a contest, it was all downhill after I let in that first soft goal. Really looking forward to next season, tired of looking at Ronaldo's heels every game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

R0nBurgundee 1-2 soby0000
    Barcelona v Chelsea

A good match here, cagey first half but opened up in the 2nd. Barca took the lead through Henry but Chelsea looked more dangerous and 2 goals in quick succession from Drogba won the match, the winner a screamer from 25 yards.

My record:
    P5 W1 D1 L3

I feel a relegation battle coming on :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

This sounds very familiar to my game with him :D

Ronaldo through on goal at 1-0 in the second half, think it was Puyol who took him out of it on the very edge of the box, and only a yellow!!!! Resulting free kick came of the crossbar!! I won 3-1 in the end but if it was 1-1 I'd have been raging!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

mika27 wrote: »
    R0nBurgundee 1-2 soby0000
    Barcelona v Chelsea

A good match here, cagey first half but opened up in the 2nd. Barca took the lead through Henry but Chelsea looked more dangerous and 2 goals in quick succession from Drogba won the match, the winner a screamer from 25 yards.

My record:
    P5 W1 D1 L3

I feel a relegation battle coming on :(

hard luck man was a great match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

MackerelMan v Stevo Port 0-0.

Good game man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

P/W/D/L/Pts
    6/3/2/1/10

I dunno where to get the stats on my games played :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

P/W/D/L/Pts
    4/0/1/3/1

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just finished my first 4 games here's how things went.

towellers week 1

P/W/L/D/PTS
    4 3 1 0 9

Deliverance XXV 1 - 0 towellers

soby000 1 - 2 towellers

Garak001 1 - 3 towellers

MackeralMan 1 - 3 towellers

Enjoyed every game so far, intense. Soby000 was great to play against cheers.
    Garak001 played me off the pitch, my keeper played a stormer. Im pretty sure he saved a one on one in the 90th minute. Anyway the league is great, keep up the good work. Nice one futureguy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

P/W/L/D/PTS
    4 1 2 1 4

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Rainyface:

P / W / L / D / F / A / PTS
    4 / 1 / 1 / 2 / 7 / 6 / 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

keen wrote: »
    MackerelMan v Stevo Port 0-0.

Good game man

yeah great game mate. you had me working hard!!!!! so far i have played 3 games against man utd under my tag stevo port.

lost the first 2 - 0 and the second two i had to fight hard to get two 0-0 draws. its almost impossible to penetrate the man utd defence with a spurs team so im working good and hard for get a mid table place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

moz
    GT: livelyjojo
    P / W / L / D / F / A / PTS
    4 / 1 / 3 / 0 / 2 / ? / 3

Can't remember how many goals I've conceded. 6 I think.
    Can't find stats anywhere.

stevoman wrote: »
    yeah great game mate. you had me working hard!!!!! so far i have played 3 games against man utd under my tag stevo port.

lost the first 2 - 0 and the second two i had to fight hard to get two 0-0 draws. its almost impossible to penetrate the man utd defence with a spurs team so im working good and hard for get a mid table place!

yeah we drew 0-0 too...I have to say the lag was absolutely atrocious! It was like the players had their feet in concrete!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    yeah we drew 0-0 too...I have to say the lag was absolutely atrocious! It was like the players had their feet in concrete!

yeah i noticed that. sometimes that happens but i dont know if its my internet. good game by the way. i got a good run for my money! i was lucky to come out with a draw!i have yet to score in three games!!!

• Advertisement

Soby000 1-2 RichieMUFC
    Chelsea vs Manchester United

Both defenses were pretty much on top for the full game.

Carvalho was sent off for taking Berbatov out when I was clean through and 0-2 up around the 70th min. :mad:

Advertisement