Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

A reserve can take my place.im out..3 straight defeats to utd is too much b/s for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

RichieMUFC 6-1MackeralMan
    Garak000 0-3 RichieMUFC
    R0nBurgundee 1-5 RichieMUFC
    Soby000 1-2 RichieMUFC

P / W / L / D / F / A / PTS
    4 / 4 / 0 / 0 / 16 / 3 / 12

I've had a surprisingly good start!!!!!! :eek:

sparky360 wrote: »
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

yes i am a sore loser..but i fear for my telle..its got a few hits off me with the controller in anger.:rolleyes:

Soby wrote: »
    A reserve can take my place.im out..3 straight defeats to utd is too much b/s for me

You shouldn't complain about losing to United when your Chelsea who are just as strong in every area.I mean, the guys who picked Spurs and Udinese quite rightly can complain about the teams not being even, but Chelsea vs United isn't fair? Ah here, come on mate.

When someone beats me I'll be the first to same "good game" and then try to win the next one instead. Dust off the marks on your tv lol, finish the league and try to win it.

• Advertisement

Ok, this whole thing is a bit of a farce now because Soby000 has left the league, all the people who have beaten him now have one less win after beating him fairly and squarely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I don't see why Soby is leaving. I'm at the top of the league with Inter, united are well beatable. And i don't rate my self at fifa at all. Plus he killed me 3-2 after I went two nil up.

Meh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Dont leave soby you are the only person I have beaten :D oh and im Liverpool

So Far:

P W D L F A
    3 1 0 2 3 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

What a fanny!!!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

soby dont be like that. im spurs and i didnt realise that there was gonna b so many of the same teams (espeically utd!) but i'l just suck it up and wait for the next season. I have got 2 draws against a utd team so far so its not al that bad, give it a fighting chance!
    cadogs wrote: »
    What a fanny!!!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass!:D

C'mon no need for that now, in fairness it can get a bit annoying playing that many of the same teams. your not going to encourage anyone to stay in the league with that attidude!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Soby,
    Just read you have Chelsea as your team...they are actually stronger than United!!!! I cant understand why you are complaining?

You must realise that if you drop out, you are ruining the league for the other 27. I told everyone not to sign up unless they were guaranteeing everyone else that they were going to finish the league.

You lost 3 games from 27 and you want to quit? There's plenty games left to play to get back on track. I lost my last 3 games as well.

I need to know your final decision as soon as is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

According to the league news on Fifa "Soby000 has left the league".

Will all his past results be null and void then?

Dont fret it guys...I always have a plan.

Soby, unfortunately, you will not be asked to play any subsequent leagues I manage. You have attempted to spoil the league for the rest of us, despite knowing the rules of the league. I can only speak for myself, but I don't want that type of player in this league system. I played you before, and you are a nice guy, but you leave me no other choice.

You lose 3 games while playing as the best team in the un-updated game (Chelsea) and quit out of the league. Maybe you were beaten by superior players? And you were very chuffed when you beat a United team in your first game?

Guys, as I said, I will resolve this in a way that does not harm the integrity of the league. Can the 4 people that played Soby PM me asap. I have a fair solution to this.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Soby,
    Just read you have Chelsea as your team...they are actually stronger than United!!!! I cant understand why you are complaining?

You must realise that if you drop out, you are ruining the league for the other 27. I told everyone not to sign up unless they were guaranteeing everyone else that they were going to finish the league.

You lost 3 games from 27 and you want to quit? There's plenty games left to play to get back on track. I lost my last 3 games as well.

I need to know your final decision as soon as is possible.

Edit: Just saw you didn in fact drop from the league, which lead me to my next post.

Well sorry i think i would void all the results now in fairness.And no chelsea arent better dan utd.with them u tap the through ball button and u have ronaldo,rooney or berba through on goal as easy as that.sorry again anway.ill think twice before i commit to a league

Well sorry i think i would void all the results now in fairness.And no chelsea arent better dan utd.with them u tap the through ball button and u have ronaldo,rooney or berba through on goal as easy as that.sorry again anway.ill think twice before i commit to a league

Chelsea are just as good as United. 86/83/83 vs 83/84/83 is even. If I wanted to be uber competative, I'd have picked Chelsea, but like many other people, I chose United as I support them.

And tapping the through ball button for United to go through on goal doesnt work unless you are playing a poor team. A little defensive work will cut that type of ball out.

What annoys me is you were enjoying it when you won ur first game against United, but then quit when you started losing, knowing you'd risk fecking everything up for everyone else.

EDIT: And I noticed 2 othe things...you actually won 2 games, AND you have been shown to be taking the last man out too...

According to the league news on Fifa "Soby000 has left the league".

Will all his past results be null and void then?

In short, no, I have a plan for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Whats the plan futureguy? By the way, you're doing a great job and this league is just about the best thing since sliced bread.. It makes games ten times better. Thanks again!

:o
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Chelsea are just as good as United. 86/83/83 vs 83/84/83 is even. If I wanted to be uber competative, I'd have picked Chelsea, but like many other people, I chose United as I support them.

And tapping the through ball button for United to go through on goal doesnt work unless you are playing a poor team. A little defensive work will cut that type of ball out.

What annoys me is you were enjoying it when you won ur first game against United, but then quit when you started losing, knowing you'd risk fecking everything up for everyone else.

EDIT: And I noticed 2 othe things...you actually won 2 games, AND you have been shown to be taking the last man out too...

very true wehn it comes to man utd you have to defend defend defend against through balls and and find a weakness in their defence. which is damn hard!!!

i have to admit one thing though. if its the 85th minute and its nil all and im fighting to draw all through the game i'l take a last man down simply to try force the draw if it looks like there a definite goal on the way!!:o but i wouldnt do it if i was already losing!

ps - what time will people be on tonite?? i tried yesterday about 7.30 until 8.30 and couldnt get a game. i have two more to play before tomorow! so if anyone fancys a soft game against spurs im around tonite after 8.30 so just let me know when you'l be around!

• Advertisement

m83 wrote: »
    Whats the plan futureguy? By the way, you're doing a great job and this league is just about the best thing since sliced bread.. It makes games ten times better. Thanks again!

Right...

Regarding the results, Sobys results stand. The new player will be asked to come in at a record of 2-3 and continue, making sure that he does not play any games against Sobys previous opponents. Any inconvenience this causes the player should outweigh the fact that he is joining a well run league which will evolve into something gret next season. And I have some great plans for next season :):):)

I need to go home tonight and see what effects Sobys quitting has done to the league table there. Once I'm home I can sort everything out.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't expecting a player to quitting like this so at least we all know that the league will be better without such players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

In fairness someone was bound to leave before the league finished, but as you said FutureGuy, this first season is just a trial for next season.

Personally, I agree with soby that utd are the best team in the game, despite what the numbers say. Having Ronaldo in the team as a big advantage. And I'm getting tired of playing against them as well but I will keep going because I know next season is gonna be great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

What's with the constant moaning about people picking United, I picked them because it's the team I support since I was a kid.

Surely it's the difference in play from real players that makes the league appealing and not the differences between virtual players within the game. Barcelona play really well too,as do Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

stevoman wrote: »
    soby dont be like that. im spurs and i didnt realise that there was gonna b so many of the same teams (espeically utd!) but i'l just suck it up and wait for the next season. I have got 2 draws against a utd team so far so its not al that bad, give it a fighting chance!

C'mon no need for that now, in fairness it can get a bit annoying playing that many of the same teams. your not going to encourage anyone to stay in the league with that attidude!

I don't think my "attitude" will cause players to leave the league. In fact they should be happy having people like me in the league that will adhere to the rules and stick it out for the long run no matter what kind of results i am getting!!

I personally think soby is a ballbag for throwing a good league into disarray, a league which futureguy has worked hard on to get up and running!!

I don't think my "attitude" will cause players to leave the league. In fact they should be happy having people like me in the league that will adhere to the rules and stick it out for the long run no matter what kind of results i am getting!!

I personally think soby is a ballbag for throwing a good league into disarray, a league which futureguy has worked hard on to get up and running!!

while other were trying to convince him to stay in it for the leagues sake, you were busy calling him a "fanny". hardly the right attitude to try keep him playing in the league, thats what i meant.

the rest of us will are all adhereing to the rules and are sticking it out aswell...

keen wrote: »

Surely it's the difference in play from real players that makes the league appealing and not the differences between virtual players within the game. Barcelona play really well too,as do Chelsea.
    well im playing with spurs and i have to say they are not a patch on the utd team on the xbox, pace, skill, shot, or intellegence wise, so i would consider myself at a dissadvantage. im sticking with it though so i can enjoy next season with unique teams!!!

cadogs, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I am delighted to have players such as yourself in the league who will play on regardless of results. However, we need to keep personal insults out of this.

As far as I am concerned, the matter with Soby is closed. Lets move on from this and enjoy the league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

stevoman wrote: »
    well im playing with spurs and i have to say they are not a patch on the utd team on the xbox, pace, skill, shot, or intellegence wise, so i would consider myself at a dissadvantage. im sticking with it though so i can enjoy next season with unique teams!!!

It was your choice to pick a four star team, you could of picked a five star team as easily.

I'm new to the game playing as United and have 1 point out of 4 games so having a good team doesn't do the work for you, you still have to be decent at the game to pick up points.

guys, seriously, relax...I have had enough stress for one say :)

keen, you were new to the league, so, you might know all the details...Stevoman picked Spurs because he though we all had to pick different teams. I should have highlighed this better in the finalised league rules document, as the original plan was to go with unique teams. Like a trooper, he decided to stay in the league and has to be commended for the decision.

So lets keep it civil and enjoy the league lads!

• Advertisement

Good work FutureGuy..

Just a last word on Soby000. When the stats are 86/83/83 vs 83/84/83 and you should look at yourself as a player and not hide behind rubbish excuses. You might be fooling yourself, but not any one else. Maybe your a better player than me... maybe you're not. Maybe I just had a good game but on this occasion I beat you fair and square, even when you took out the last man to stop yourself losing another goal

Come on man... instead of throwing the toys out of the pram, you should just accept you lost that game, and move on. I don't particularly enjoy losing (who does?), but seeing as I'm not 5 years old, I just get on with it. The league is better off now if you ask me.

Advertisement