Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 1]

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, the deadline for completing your gameweek 1 matches is Friday midnight.

Gameweek 2 will consist of 5 games and will begin at Friday 6 pm.

The reason there is overlap is to accomodate the people looking to get in 4 matches for week 1, and the people who are dying to get gameweek 2 underway. :D:pac::pac::pac:

Please remember to post your PLD/W/D/L/F/A/PTS info here for your first 4 games right here as it will make my life easier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

So if we have our 4 games played for week 1, we are free to fire ahead and play our games for week 2 right away?

Wait until tomorrow evening to start playing week 2 :) Something to look forward to :)

besides, are you not far enough ahead already??? :P

Currently, I have 10 completed W/D/L/F/A/Pts records from people. I'm hoping I do not have to spend ages tonight calculating the league table :) So if you have your 4 games played, please post the data :)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wait until tomorrow evening to start playing week 2 :) Something to look forward to :)

besides, are you not far enough ahead already??? :P

I am, but I'm just impatient :) Well that and I probably won't be able to play Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    So if we have our 4 games played for week 1, we are free to fire ahead and play our games for week 2 right away?

I'll play ya tomorrow evening...just so i can get the big defeat i am going to suffer against you outta the way..:eek:

your hardly up for a pre match friendly tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

as i said after 8.30 tonite i should be online so i'l have a match or 2!!!

im also looking forwardf to playing udinese, and liverpool!

I'll be on for a few friendlies tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

guys, seriously, relax...I have had enough stress for one say :)

keen, you were new to the league, so, you might know all the details...Stevoman picked Spurs because he though we all had to pick different teams. I should have highlighed this better in the finalised league rules document, as the original plan was to go with unique teams. Like a trooper, he decided to stay in the league and has to be commended for the decision.

So lets keep it civil and enjoy the league lads!

Ah I wasn't having a go at Stevoman, I can see how that would be annoying if he thought all players needed to pick a unique team.

I was just trying to put my point across re people playing as United.

I'll be on for a few friendlies tonight :)

Might give ya a game so, hopefully you wont hammer me again!

• Advertisement

TEST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I'll be on in about 10 mins if someone wants to give me my last league game!?

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I'll play ya tomorrow evening...just so i can get the big defeat i am going to suffer against you outta the way..:eek:

your hardly up for a pre match friendly tonight?

Big defeat? Hardly mate! I'll be on from like 7 and I'd be up for a few friendly matches. :)

Big defeat? Hardly mate! I'll be on from like 7 and I'd be up for a few friendly matches. :)

Sound, i only got FIFA 09 for this league, hadnt played a football game in years, so i am getting beat off the pitch online...still fun though...

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Sound, i only got FIFA 09 for this league, hadnt played a football game in years, so i am getting beat off the pitch online...still fun though...

Oh right, ah sure... practice is the only job for that! Good to see that the league has a wide reaching effect, lol, enough for someone to want to buy the game!

Oh right, ah sure... practice is the only job for that! Good to see that the league has a wide reaching effect, lol, enough for someone to want to buy the game!

it was only 28 on play....i couldnt resist when i saw this league starting...need plenty of practice now though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

P W D L F A
    4 2 0 2 4 9

I've played :

livelyjojo
    Garball
    Mordant Shaun
    Rainyface

Gamertag: BATESY2007

Future Guy, Does the online league not save all the fixtures played and the results?
    I could only get the recent results.

RichieMUFC 5 - 1 Stevo Port
    Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

United took a 11 minute lead and looked nervy until the 70 min when they hit their second. In between that time, both sides had good chances with United hitting the post twice. Bent caused a constant problem down the center with his pace. Rio Ferdinand made a horrible mistake for the Spurs goal falling when trying to stretch to back pass to Van Der Sar, presenting the ball on a plate to the Spurs frontman, but in all honesty it was very well deserved goal for a very good side!

I think you were very unlucky with your team choice man, otherwise you'd be in the top half by now for sure. Btw - sorry FutureGuy, I couldn't resist playing when he sent me the message asking for a game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Lenigma 1 - Knackerdwarf 2
    Lenigma 1 - Bubs180 2
    Lenigma 2 - stevo port 0
    Lenigma 1 - Dave7G 0

P W D L F A
    4 2 0 2 5 4

I can't help but think the first two results might have been different if I'd done some kind of practice pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Just noticed, Ive only 3 played now sobbing soby droped out!! I wont be able to fit my 4th game in before 5pm as im in college.

On a side note im bottom of the league and have no intention on quiting ;)

Edit: Just seen soby's results stand so im

P W L F A
    4 1 3 3 8

• Advertisement

Batesy wrote: »
    P W D L F A
    4 2 0 2 4 9

I've played :

livelyjojo
    Garball
    Mordant Shaun
    ?????

For the life of me I can't remember who the 4th player I played was so if any of you guys played me can you let me know? Gamertag: BATESY2007

Future Guy, Does the online league not save all the fixtures played and the results?

I was thinking it only saved the recent results, which I confirmed yesterday, so its even more important that we get everyone to post their results.

I'm hoping to have enough detail to get the league table posted in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

My Stats so far for

P W D L F A
    4 2 0 2 9 9

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Batesy wrote: »
    P W D L F A
    4 2 0 2 4 9

I've played :

livelyjojo
    Garball
    Mordant Shaun
    ?????

For the life of me I can't remember who the 4th player I played was so if any of you guys played me can you let me know? Gamertag: BATESY2007

Think that was me - Was that the game where you scored a goal but it registered as an OG against ye? That was weird

RichieMUFC 5 - 1 Stevo Port
    Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

United took a 11 minute lead and looked nervy until the 70 min when they hit their second. In between that time, both sides had good chances with United hitting the post twice. Bent caused a constant problem down the center with his pace. Rio Ferdinand made a horrible mistake for the Spurs goal falling when trying to stretch to back pass to Van Der Sar, presenting the ball on a plate to the Spurs frontman, but in all honesty it was very well deserved goal for a very good side!

I think you were very unlucky with your team choice man, otherwise you'd be in the top half by now for sure. Btw - sorry FutureGuy, I couldn't resist playing when he sent me the message asking for a game ;)

great game man!! really enjoyed it! i thought after the first half i might be able to hold you out and maybe push a draw but unfortunatly it wasnt to be. some nice sides steps and dribbling by you i have to say. very hard to defend against! i got my first goal against utd so things are looking up! :p

stevo port (spurs) 4 - 0 Dave7g (aresenal)

An enjoyable game. Dave7g fought until the bitter end but Darren Bent on the break seemed to cause a lot of difficulty or the arsenal side. Lots of action and some great defence and quick attacking from arsenal. Good game mate!

My stats so far

Won 1 Lost 2 drew 2

Of the 28 that said they would sign up, only 27 did. If the final person does not sign up by Sunday midnight of GW2, I will be bringing in a sub to take his place.

Full Pld/W/D/L/F/A/Pts records received for 14/26 current players (list of these 14 players below). Please try to get these posted by tonight if you can!!!

Just get your first 4 game results and tally the stats! Easy peasy :)

RichieMUFC
    cadogs
    m83
    Mr Moon
    Garak001
    OctavarIan
    bennyc
    King Nothing
    Reganovski
    Batesy
    Rainyface
    CKWPORT
    moz
    VinylJunkie

Goal of the week nominations are due by midnight tonight. If you score a cracker, get your camera phone to record it, pop it on youtube and link it here.

From next week on, we will have a goal of the week competition thread...submit your video here and we will have a poll to determine the winner :) the poll is open to all boards users so I want to see some screamers!

stevoman wrote: »
    great game man!! really enjoyed it! i thought after the first half i might be able to hold you out and maybe push a draw but unfortunatly it wasnt to be. some nice sides steps and dribbling by you i have to say. very hard to defend against! i got my first goal against utd so things are looking up! :p

I was nervy a few times went Bent broke through and shot across the goal, VDS just palmed it out to the far side of the box instead of tipping it around the post! If i didn't get that early goal, I would have been in a bit of bother alright, especially when I was hitting the post, I thought I was never going to score a second. My shooting is rubbish. Great game, especially considering your Spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

P W D L F A Pts
    5 1 1 3 4 7 4

• Advertisement

mika27 wrote: »
    P W D L F A Pts
    5 1 1 3 4 7 4

If possible, can I get the stats for just your first 4 games?

Advertisement