Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

here's mine

won 0 lost 2 drew 2 - stevo port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

The Dunne 4 - Bubs180 2

The Dunne 6 - Dave7G 0

The Dunne 2 - Knackerdwarf 3

P3 W2 D0 L1 F 12 A 5

STILL HAVE 1 MORE GAME TO PLAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Rainyface wrote: »
    Think that was me - Was that the game where you scored a goal but it registered as an OG against ye? That was weird

Yep. That was the one. Cheers Rainface!

That was strange with the o.g not being registered for the correct team alright. Did'nt make any difference to the result though so well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Of the 28 that said they would sign up, only 27 did. If the final person does not sign up by Sunday midnight of GW2, I will be bringing in a sub to take his place.

Full Pld/W/D/L/F/A/Pts records received for 14/26 current players (list of these 14 players below). Please try to get these posted by tonight if you can!!!

Just get your first 4 game results and tally the stats! Easy peasy :)

RichieMUFC
    cadogs
    m83
    Mr Moon
    Garak001
    OctavarIan
    bennyc
    King Nothing
    Reganovski
    Batesy
    Rainyface
    CKWPORT
    moz
    VinylJunkie

Hi FutureGuy, I posted my results a few days back.
    keen wrote: »
    P/W/D/L/Pts
    4/0/1/3/1

:o

sparky360 wrote: »

STILL HAVE 1 MORE GAME TO PLAY!
    what time are you around this evening i'l give you a game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

I have posted my first 4 already aswell............

P/4 W/2 D/2 L/0 F/9 A/3 PTS/ 8
    gaz15 wrote: »
    Played my 4 last night Won 2 and drew 2 so undefeated so far not too bad!

Drew first game 1-1 and think I was lucky enough to hang on in the end against BossmanMurph

Won second game 4-0 was comfortable enough had a man sent off early on but was 3-0 up at that stage so wasn't to harmful.

Third game I drew 1-1 again. I think I pretty much dominated this one and was unlucky not to get the win

Final game was 3-1. Was comfy enough again in the end went 3-0 early on and could take foot off a bit in second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

If possible, can I get the stats for just your first 4 games?

Sure. I made a mistake first time around anyway :rolleyes:

P W D L F A Pts
    4 1 1 2 4 8 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Reganovski wrote: »
    Reganovski 4 BassManMuph85 2
    Reganovski 0 Knackerdwarf 3
    Reganovski 0 marshjem 4
    Reganovski 3 Garak001 1
    Reganovski 0 livelyjojo 1 ...... completely dominated...
    Reganovski 0 The Bateman IRL 2 .... Shouldn't have played the last 2 games!!

Had the pleasure of playing the first game in the league :-)

From first 4 games,

P4 W2 L2 D0 F7 A10

From first 6 games.
    P6 W2 L4 D0 F7 A13 :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

P W D L F A PTS
    4 1 0 3 3 8 3

If soby result stands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

If soby result stands

Yep, it does!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

The Dunne 4 - Bubs180 2

The Dunne 6 - Dave7G 0

The Dunne 2 - Knackerdwarf 3

The Dunne 4 - BossmanMurph85 2

P4 W3 D0 L1 F16 A7 Pts 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Played 3 more games and won 3.

The last person i played was 5-0 down at half-time so ran away with his tail between his legs and connection was lost in the game before that!!

****ing joke!

Post moved to Gameweek 2 thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

cadogs wrote: »

The last person i played was 5-0 down at half-time so ran away with his tail between his legs and connection was lost in the game before that!!

****ing joke!

If that's me you are talking about, you are full of it, I was 2-0 down halfway through the first half when my connection got cut off. If I didn't quit, when I got killed 6-0 by The Dunne, why would I "quit" after 2 stupid goals like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Rainyface 0-3 RichieMUFC
    Liverpool vs Manchester United

A story of missed chances for Man Utd as they had 18 shots on goal compared to Liverpool's 3. After a slow start United missed a number of chances notably a triple (yes, triple!) save by Reina in the first half. The sides went in level at half time. Anderson made a total arse of a guilt edged chance in the second half after some good work by Nani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

P W L D
    4 4 0 0

Gamer tag: GREENHAWK 88

I cant remember my goal difference but I will put it up if its important.

Ive played Knackerdwarf, Seany184(the 184 is prob wrong), Batesy and bennycon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Rainyface 1 - 2 CKWPORT(The Batman IRL)
    Liverpool V Chelsea

A seriously tough close game, Chelsea took the lead early with a goal from Drogba, and then went 2 up after a mistake by the Liverpool keeper when he passed straight to Lampard at the end of the 1st half.

Liverpool piled on the pressure in the second half and were all over Chelsea, Babel scoring near the end. Chelsea were lucky to escape with the win.

Best game of the league so far for me, it was really tense stuff....

EDIT....Week 2 game, reposting it in the week 2 tread

If that's me you are talking about, you are full of it, I was 2-0 down halfway through the first half when my connection got cut off. If I didn't quit, when I got killed 6-0 by The Dunne, why would I "quit" after 2 stupid goals like that.

No, if you read my post properly you would have seen that i said "connection was lost in the game before that" which was referring to the game against you!!

cadogs wrote: »

****ing joke!
    are yo mordath shaun?
    if your taking about me leaving that game at 5-0 down, i forfeighted. its not much fun playing when all you do is pass it and run from half way with rooney or berbatov and thats basically all you do and then you have to put up with your repetative celebrations.

i got beaten by liverpool aswell 5-0 after that but i stayed in that game as it was a game. and richiemufc 5-1 aswell but again a great game.

anywho im going to forfeight my games with spurs for the rest of the season, so i can play next season. theres no point in playing all 12 man utd team the skill difference, agression difference and pace difference to big a gap to contend against every single game.

stevoman wrote: »
    are yo mordath shaun?
    if your taking about me leaving that game at 5-0 down, i forfeighted. its not much fun playing when all you do is pass it and run from half way with rooney or berbatov and thats basically all you do and then you have to put up with your repetative celebrations.

i got beaten by liverpool aswell 5-0 after that but i stayed in that game as it was a game. and richiemufc 5-1 aswell but again a great game.

anywho im going to forfeight my games with spurs for the rest of the season, so i can play next season. theres no point in playing all 12 man utd team the skill difference, agression difference and pace difference to big a gap to contend against every single game.

I didn't see anywhere in the league rules that said your not allowed celebrate goals!!?

And if your defending was a bit better i wouldn't be able to run from the halfway line and score goals!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

This league is fast becoming a farce somebody needs to take action maybe just end the league and;

Start the premiership-championship leagues with Moderaor for each one.

Unique teams for each league.

Id happily play in the championship as i know im nowhere near the standard of some of you guys.

Just a suggestion
    Sean y834

The league is going fine bar a few bitches taking it too seriously, it's a computer game that's all. If your losing get on with it and stop moaning, if you don't like playing against United get over and play on.

Don't end it, there's plenty of people willing to join for those that wish to drop out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right guys, since I started this league, I have noticed...

-people leaving the league
    -people boasting/taunting heavy victories
    -people quitting during games more than once
    -people calling for the dismantling of the league
    -people being warned about offending people on threads
    -people consistantly taking out the last man

We're not 2 weeks into the league system and I am beginning to regret starting the whole thing in the first place. We're all boardsies and theres only 26 of us. We shouldn't be having this number of problems.

There is very little I can do sitting here in my apartment about any of that behavior. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

i think your doing a great job FutureGuy...and i haven't a single complaint about the league, i think its class and extremely well run...

Dont let the minority get to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

I think the league is great, too many man utds is only temporary until unique teams come in. So stick with it until then!

CKWPORT wrote: »
    i think your doing a great job FutureGuy...and i haven't a single complaint about the league, i think its class and extremely well run...

Dont let the minority get to you...

Agreed...my only complaint so far is the guy who quit at half time. Besides that in my other 7 games it's been very good...nobody using dirty tactics, no last man taking down players etc

Someone complained about me celebrating goals but i just thought that was all part of the banter of being in a league like this so i'll cut it out if it pisses people off.

Right guys, since I started this league, I have noticed...

-people leaving the league
    -people boasting/taunting heavy victories
    -people quitting during games more than once
    -people calling for the dismantling of the league
    -people being warned about offending people on threads
    -people consistantly taking out the last man

We're not 2 weeks into the league system and I am beginning to regret starting the whole thing in the first place. We're all boardsies and theres only 26 of us. We shouldn't be having this number of problems.

There is very little I can do sitting here in my apartment about any of that behavior. :(

The league is fine man there's only a small few whingers,the rest of us are enjoying it an getting on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Aye I'm really enjoying the league. The only thing I'm bitter about is a couple of games that I felt I should have won :P but thats my own fault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Really enjoying it FutureGuy but why not make a second thread and we can put all our complaints suggestions in there for the next league and if we need to drop the 26 MAN Us as thats the way I think it will end up.

Also is it not time we got a FIFA Forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bennyc wrote: »
    Really enjoying it FutureGuy but why not make a second thread and we can put all our complaints suggestions in there for the next league and if we need to drop the 26 MAN Us as thats the way I think it will end up.

Also is it not time we got a FIFA Forum

Hi BennyC, any suggestions, complaints etc can be PM'ed to me! As I have stated in the rules, next season has unique teams, as this was always the plan.

Guys, I'm playing man United, and i lost 4 in a row in the league...so playing against man United is not some sort of magical autoloss...sure I lost 6-0 in my last game!

Advertisement