Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting helllllp

Options
  • 14-11-2008 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

has anybody done the sample paper manufacturing account question(company name is storage ltd). I need help with adjustment 7. Even if you haven't got it done, any help would be really appreciated

it says:

at 1/1/95 there were 590 filing cabinets in production. During the year, work commenced on 9770 cabinets and 620 are still in production at 31/12/95. Work was halted on 290 cabinets which were then sold as scrap. The remaining cabinets were transferred to finished goods stock.

The company is a manufacturer of metal filing cabinets and I have to do the 95 accounts. I just don't know where to get any money figures for this adjustment from

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭yay_for_summer

They should give you the selling prices for a filing cabinet at the start and end of the year?

cabinets made during the year = opening stock + stock produced - closing stock - scrap

I think. It's been a while. They should definitely give you some money figures though for stocks of work in progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

they give you opening stock and closing stock for raw materials, work in progress and finished goods.

what exactly should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

these are not included in the accounts as there is no money associated with them, the adjustment is there because there is an extra question at the bottom of the page asking you to work something out in relation to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

banjopaul wrote: »
    these are not included in the accounts as there is no money associated with them, the adjustment is there because there is an extra question at the bottom of the page asking you to work something out in relation to them.

cheeeeeeers, although should something not be done seeing as the 620-290 were tranferred to finished stock

and brooke, yeah I wouldn't do it as an extra subject for a year unless you have an incredible teacher. Its a huge course

Advertisement